Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2024252 - 12/01/17 06:43 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: jahawker2004]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

The only ones who have the details are those investigating. Bill Self is probably second in line in knowledge of what's going on and he isn't going to say much at all. The rest of us, including the LW writers, know very little. At this point, patience is the key, of which most of us have very little.

#2024254 - 12/01/17 08:36 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: imzcount]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Thin wristed 2004 knows no more than anyone else. I will bet him a C note that Preston will indeed play again. Doubt if he has a C note to spare. But I will gladly pay up if I am wrong.

#2024261 - 12/01/17 10:33 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: imzcount]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Girod's last public defense of Zenger was a day or two before Preston's mishap hit the papers. Preston's mishap absolutely could not happen with the FBI investigation looming.

Something is brewing.

#2024262 - 12/01/17 10:50 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: casey]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: casey
Something is brewing.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Considering we know nothing about nothing at this point, I will hold off until they decide to share even just a small morsel before I jump to any conclusions.

Do you think billy p. will play his first minute as a KANSAS JAYHAWK before MICHHAWK does?

#2024263 - 12/01/17 10:54 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: MICHHAWK]
casey Offline
hello

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Something is brewing.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Considering we know nothing about nothing at this point, I will hold off until they decide to share even just a small morsel before I jump to any conclusions.

Do you think billy p. will play his first minute as a KANSAS JAYHAWK before MICHHAWK does?

His first minute as a KANSAS JAYHAWK in a non exhibition game, you mean?

Maybe. Maybe not.

#2024270 - 12/01/17 11:24 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: casey]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Something is brewing.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Considering exhibition games don't count, his first minute.

If we are counting exhibition, then we have to count MICHHAWK being a ball boy at the alumni game at the 100 Years of KANSAS BASKETBALL celebration weekend. So I guess under your guidelines, MICHHAWK wins.

#2024279 - 12/01/17 12:21 PM Re: NCAA regs [Re: MICHHAWK]
casey Offline
hello

Something is brewing.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe. Maybe not.

If we are counting exhibition, then we have to count MICHHAWK being a ball boy at the alumni game at the 100 Years of KANSAS BASKETBALL celebration weekend. So I guess under your guidelines, MICHHAWK wins.

Did you perform these duties in a full KU basketball uniform? If so, you win.

#2024288 - 12/01/17 02:19 PM Re: NCAA regs [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
.Do you think billy p. will play his first minute as a KANSAS JAYHAWK before MICHHAWK does?

You just don't know when to let it go, do you?

I'm in a good mood today, so I'm not going slap you around this time. Instead, I'm going to try to help you, because I care about your mental health. That's the kind of guy I am--

MASOCHIST PERSONALITY DISORDER--a personality disorder characterized by a persistent pattern of behavior detrimental to the self... including being drawn to problematic situations...inviting criticism... It is characterized by involvement in situations that continuously lead to failure, rejection, and loss even when other options are available. .

Now, a reasonable, emotionally healthy person would not get back up this time

Your move.

#2024304 - 12/01/17 06:00 PM Re: NCAA regs [Re: imzcount]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Back to the topic at hand - since no information has been linked from the compliance office, we don't know what we don't know. The car may well be registered to BP and they are just trying to figure out where the money came from. Since KU has sat him out, there should be no sanctions against the school unless someone associated directly with KU provided the money.

All of the above is speculation and educated guessing, except for the part about us not knowing anything.

I wish somebody would at least leak something so our speculation would at least have some basis.

I feel bad for Billy in all this. He just wants to play basketball.

#2024315 - 12/01/17 09:16 PM Re: NCAA regs [Re: AlOerter]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Good post.

One minor addition--KU could be sanctioned if anybody associated with the univeristy--including boosters--merely let him "borrow" the car.

However, Self has said previously that Preston brought the car with him to KU and filled out paperwork with the compliance office.

Surely by next week this will be resolved.

#2024320 - 12/02/17 09:53 AM Re: NCAA regs [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Something is brewing.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe. Maybe not.

No, "being a ball boy" is a lot like a Grease Monkey oil changer claiming to be a Nascar driver because he changed the oil in one in the last decade. Your move.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview