Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2024131 - 11/28/17 11:39 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: dgless21]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Unfortunately, when you hire a jackass and put him in charge of fixing KU football, you just dig a deeper and deeper hole.

I guess we'll see if $350M can fill it in.

Unless they are using that money to get a coach and staff to make that happen, I don't see us filling anything. To quote Uncle Eddie, "Shitter's full!"

#2024143 - 11/29/17 10:47 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it's interesting as an outsider to see how high ku's revenue is, comparatively, yet the unwillingness to hire a quality football coach. maybe they spend all those millions on stuff that gets in the way of doing so. it's odd.

#2024145 - 11/29/17 11:18 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats
it's interesting as an outsider to see how high ku's revenue is, comparatively, yet the unwillingness to hire a quality football coach. maybe they spend all those millions on stuff that gets in the way of doing so. it's odd.

There isn't a single item associated with the KU Grid program that isn't "odd". At least to anyone who thinks in a logical, linear fashion.

#2024230 - 11/30/17 06:16 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
How does it feel to be 7-5 when expectations were far greater?

#2024231 - 11/30/17 07:01 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Please. 58. You and I are KU football fans. We can't be dogging people, regardless of the classless nature of many of their fans, for winning only 7 games in a single season. It takes us like 7 seasons to do that.

#2024235 - 11/30/17 07:59 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Wow...did Mangino kill vmlb's parents or something? If 12-1 and winning the only BCS bowl game that a football team from the state of Kansas has is mediocre, then give me mediocre any day.

So if Mangino wasn't good enough, then wtf does he expect? I mean seriously....this team fu(king sucks balls, and will under Zenger and Beaty are crying in each other's beers, unemployed.

I had season tickets for about 20 years, cancelled under Chaz Frontbutt, and haven't spent a fu(king dime on anything KU football since then. If we show the signs of wanting to actually compete again, I will get behind the program. Until then, there is no reason to even think about it.

RCJHKU!

MM was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach. The record speaks for itself. He benefited one year from the unbalanced league schedule. The unbalanced schedule hurt him four years, helped him the other four. One of those four years, the stars lined up, and he rode it to success. I was probably expecting too much for him to ride that year to further successful years.
If our BB program had a coach with his success, he wouldn't last two years; yet you want to rehire him.I understand where you a coming from. A C is better then an F on everyone's report card. We currently have Fs on our card and you want to get back to having Cs.

#2024239 - 11/30/17 08:17 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I just want to see competitive football being played on the field.

#2024255 - 12/01/17 08:50 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter

Totally agree! I am a "KANSAS" grid fan. I do not expect perfection. I've been watching this team since the 60's so I do know about losing. What I want is a team that pulls off a major upset every 4 or 5 years and goes bowling every third and is competitive the rest of the time. The Zenger/Beaty version is so far removed from even being an average team that it actually defies logic.

When I think back to Fambrough getting the axe following a injury plagued 1974 season that started so promising following a bowl season in 73 (also with a plethora of injuries to a bunch of starters) and compare the actual competitiveness of that squad to Beaty's and his efforts, it makes me want to PUKE!

For the Love of God! These kids don't have a clue regarding assignments from play to play, repeatedly garner delay of game penalties, call timeouts at the most insane times and have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees. Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.

#2024260 - 12/01/17 10:08 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: 58hawk

after ertz got hurt at vandy, i'll take 7-5. this team was decimated with injuries. it wasn't only jesse. and coach dealing with the big C through it all.

the offense (two-deep) returns in-tact next fall. the defense loses but 4 starters. so, the future is bright assuming snyder returns.

#2024265 - 12/01/17 11:00 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

Totally agree! I am a "KANSAS" grid fan. I do not expect perfection. I've been watching this team since the 60's so I do know about losing. What I want is a team that pulls off a major upset every 4 or 5 years and goes bowling every third and is competitive the rest of the time. The Zenger/Beaty version is so far removed from even being an average team that it actually defies logic.

When I think back to Fambrough getting the axe following a injury plagued 1974 season that started so promising following a bowl season in 73 (also with a plethora of injuries to a bunch of starters) and compare the actual competitiveness of that squad to Beaty's and his efforts, it makes me want to PUKE!

For the Love of God! These kids don't have a clue regarding assignments from play to play, repeatedly garner delay of game penalties, call timeouts at the most insane times and have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees. Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.

I wonder what kind of dogs he meant, because some dogs are smarter than other dogs. Maybe Beaty is like Huckleberry Hound?

#2024266 - 12/01/17 11:02 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

after ertz got hurt at vandy, i'll take 7-5. this team was decimated with injuries. it wasn't only jesse. and coach dealing with the big C through it all.

the offense (two-deep) returns in-tact next fall. the defense loses but 4 starters. so, the future is bright assuming snyder returns.

I think KSU is light years ahead of KU. That's from good coaching and fundamentals. KU has neither.

#2024273 - 12/01/17 11:35 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Injuries or not, those 2 teams ('73 and '74) were loaded with NFL talent still. I'd hate to compare a lot of other KU teams to those 2 without being envious of how talented those 2 were in comparison.

...have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees.
1 of my 2 biggest criticisms of Beaty's coaching too.

#2024290 - 12/01/17 02:29 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Injuries or not, those 2 teams ('73 and '74) were loaded with NFL talent still. I'd hate to compare a lot of other KU teams to those 2 without being envious of how talented those 2 were in comparison.

They were loaded....oddly with a BUNCH of Kansas kids too! Beason, Zook, Cromwell, Smith, Campfield, Bruce Adams. Towle to name a few. but if it wasn't for injuries, only Adams, Towle and Smith would have actually played in 73. Losing the starting backfield in 74 to injuries without superior depth was the killer for that bunch.

...have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees.
1 of my 2 biggest criticisms of Beaty's coaching too.

He is WAY too wrapped up in that crap for his own good!

#2024291 - 12/01/17 02:44 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.N6gQh...id=3.1&rm=2

#2024316 - 12/01/17 09:27 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas

More than odd. It's frustrating. Geez, just look at the potential we had w/ both Mase and Mangino. Two of the best rebuilding jobs in one generation and just blew it on promoting those guys up the food chain. Not only that, but we actively persecuted both of em. Good Lord, Doubting Thomas University. Had KU's administration been governing the Jews in the desert, they'd told the people to refuse to eat the manna and sent Moses packing. Then they'd done the same to Joshua after Jericho.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview