Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023564 - 11/17/17 01:06 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: Jman1]
MICHHAWK Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Mich, you have enlightened me, though, I didn't realize Keegan was an NBA scout as well as a journalistic Shakespeare!!!

And a connoisseur of chicken wings.

#2023565 - 11/17/17 01:07 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: Jman1]
Wilt Chamberlain

Of course the Dok played great.

#2023566 - 11/17/17 01:19 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Mich, you have enlightened me, though, I didn't realize Keegan was an NBA scout as well as a journalistic Shakespeare!!!

And a connoisseur of chicken wings.

NICE..,. A real renaissance man. I love it

#2023568 - 11/17/17 03:05 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
And the village idiot was also known as a renaissance man. Michhawk fills that bill...dilly dilly.

#2023870 - 11/24/17 11:34 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Too bad that there isn't much hope for Lightfoot and that he's not going to be able to be much help for our team. He had a terrible night, only 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 fouls in 24 minutes. Horrible shooting, 3 - 3 in field goals, 1 - 1 in 3 pointers, 4 - 4 from the free throw line. Self really bad mouthed him:“I thought Mitch was probably the best player we had in the game, for sure the first half,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He was active and it always helps when you make a shot and make your free throws. I thought he was very important and played very well.” Humm, perhaps there is improvement. Maybe, just maybe, he will fit in and be some help. cool

#2023925 - 11/25/17 06:59 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: Jayhawk1952]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Too bad that there isn't much hope for Lightfoot and that he's not going to be able to be much help for our team. He had a terrible night, only 11 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 fouls in 24 minutes. Horrible shooting, 3 - 3 in field goals, 1 - 1 in 3 pointers, 4 - 4 from the free throw line. Self really bad mouthed him:“I thought Mitch was probably the best player we had in the game, for sure the first half,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He was active and it always helps when you make a shot and make your free throws. I thought he was very important and played very well.” Humm, perhaps there is improvement. Maybe, just maybe, he will fit in and be some help. cool
Come back when he actually plays against some real talent...

#2023926 - 11/25/17 07:24 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: 58hawk]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Come back when he actually plays against some real talent...

While no Duke, Oakland is a good team. They are favored to win their league. Some of the commentators were surprised that we handled them so easily.They like to have a tough schedule to help make themselves better. They have an excellent chance of making the NCAA Tourney. Besides, compared to playing against similar teams, Lightfoot made some good gains. He'll never be a star, but he has the ability to be a good role player. He did that quite well last night. Even if Billy is cleared to play, we are going to need Lightfoot to step it up. He's starting to do that. I believe by the end of the season he will be a needed asset.

#2023936 - 11/26/17 09:14 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

58 is a Debbie Downer...Lightfeet is serviceable..like Moody used to be...doubt if he gets many minutes when Preston and DeSousa becomes available.

#2023940 - 11/26/17 09:32 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
58 is a Debbie Downer...Lightfeet is serviceable..like Moody used to be...doubt if he gets many minutes when Preston and DeSousa becomes available.

If either or both of these happen, Lightfoot will certainly become less needed, but will still be good to have around. I'm thinking that he might want to red shirt next year with the class we have coming in.

#2023941 - 11/26/17 09:41 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I like Lightfoot. It's good to have program guys like him around. Like Lucas, I think he will steadily improve over time. To me his biggest shortcoming at this point is his strength. More time with Hudy and sticking to his nutritional prescription will hopefully improve it. Some guys just really struggle with adding bulk and muscle.

#2023948 - 11/26/17 10:50 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Less Preston, means more Lightfoot minutes early in 2017-8 which benefits him much more than Preston's need to play early season. Bench will be stronger LT this season and beyond for Self.

#2024000 - 11/27/17 11:13 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Self isn't in Program guys. KU likes the NBA bound who are lottery picks.

Lightfoot is averaging a foul every minute the last three game. Five fouls in seven minutes against South Dakota State says "program guy," "benefit guy," "good to have around guy," " isn't much hope guy," and "not going to be able to be much help for our team guy."

Isla Fisher

#2024001 - 11/27/17 11:34 AM Re: Lightfoot [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

What happens going forward is anyone's best guess. But so far, through 5 games, The Lightfeet has been more productive and more valuable to the organization than that burger boy billy p.

billy p. is mimicking the career trajectory of josh shelby and clifford alexander.

#2024008 - 11/27/17 01:15 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
+1

And Cheick Diallo as well.

#2024010 - 11/27/17 01:29 PM Re: Lightfoot [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

2004 agreeing with michhawk......don't do it man. Kind of ignorant. Diallo...Alexander...Selby...not similar cases in the least. Smarten up buttercups. We are supposed to be an intelligent basketball fanbase.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview