Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2024003 - 11/27/17 11:48 AM The "Curse" of the Mangino!
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
The embarrassment continues....Dave Beaty will soon enter his fourth year as Head Coach for the KU Football team. He will do this with a "sterling" record of 3 wins and 33 losses with just ONE of those wins coming against FBS competition....a "fluke" home win against a down Bevo squad who constantly turned the ball over....begging Beaty to win, but even then, he damn near didn't! For that single "W" Zenger gives the man a contract extension and raise. So....we continue to move "forward" with the "process" of rebuilding the program.

This idiocy goes beyond Beaty, Zenger and Girod though. It needs to be stopped by the big donors, or hell, even the Regents.....someone needs to pull the plug on stadium renovation/expansion. Spending ANY money, private or public on such a venture is lunacy in light of the people running the show. ANY Memorial Stadium renovations with Beaty as Head Coach need to plan for HUGE reductions in seating capacity....I'd say we would be quite safe to have a seating capacity of around 16,000. At that size, go ahead and put a roof on it and Beaty will have his full size indoor practice facility!

Supposedly, it is "good" news that Peyton Bender is returning.....yes sir! Nothing like having a QB who fires the ball on a 5 yard out pattern 10 feet over the head of the intended receiver....let alone drills the ball into belly of defenders who are doubling up on the TE on the 5 yard curl route. Yes, we Kansas fans have so much to look forward to!

Nothing quite like delay of game penalties from our "hurry up, no huddle, air raid offense"!
But it is a "process". So perhaps in year six of a Beaty regime, those little issues might finally get ironed out. After all, it has been a month since anyone returned a punt or kick against us for a TD. It is simply part of the "process".

Nothing equals the atmosphere of all these 11:00 am kickoffs so very common under Zenger and Beaty! It is nice that the teams that STINK still get to play on the BOOB tube! And get big buck$ to do so It's painfully obvious that all this TV exposure has resulted in creating superior excitement and interest in high school kids that want to play in the Big XII. Just look at all the kids heading to OU, UT, KSU, OSU, WVU, TCU, ISU, Baylor and Texas Tech after watching those teams decimate the Hawk squads of Zenger and Beaty!

Soon, by my count just 66 days, the ink on signed letters of intent from some of the finest football players in the land will be pouring in to Beaty's office to such an intriguing level Dave Beaty will hold a press conference where the words "dude", "wow" and "man" will pour forth in a Texican froth so as no one can get confused with the words" DUD" and "WOMAN", when assessing the KU Head Man's latest haul.

In the meantime, I'm guessing an attrition rate of at least 3 and as many as 6 assistants. Anyone who remains, simply is non-hirable by any other program.

I'm too damn old and too damn tired to support a program that is determined to fail. I stopped all financial support to this crap show when Zenger's first "pile of crap" coach was still around and have NO INTENTION of sending another dollar or spending another dollar on KU athletics (not just football my suffering friends...the message to Girod needs to be CRYSTAL CLEAR!) until Kansas University has a new AD and a "real" head football coach.

NEWS FLASH for Dr. Girod! This rebuilding "process" will never be completed.....especially with Zenger and Beaty leading the way. Perhaps KU will never again field an even mildly competitive team. Why? Because another inept AD saddled us with a curse from the football Gods by firing our beloved Buddha. Like the Boston Redsox suffered for a century after trading away Babe Ruth...to be "cursed" by the "Bambino".....KU Football is destined to be cursed..... by the "Mangino"!

BRING BACK THE BUDDHA! smile

#2024012 - 11/27/17 01:49 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bring back mediocre. Yes, who wants championships? Not KU football fans.Don't look to hire football coaches who have been fired by blueblood programs,when they only get 6 wins per season. Hire a coach who has been fired by powerhouse programs like KU.

#2024022 - 11/27/17 03:01 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: vmlb]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Three bowl wins, including the Orange in eight seasons looks pretty damn good to this old Hawk. One also must consider that Mangino inherited a mess damn near as bad as what Beaty found. That said, if you can convince Saban to come to Larryville, I'm all for it! Because, the simple fact is, it isn't going to get any better than "worst ever" under Doofus. So "mediocre" sounds good right now.

#2024025 - 11/27/17 03:20 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Three bowl wins, including the Orange in eight seasons looks pretty damn good to this old Hawk. One also must consider that Mangino inherited a mess damn near as bad as what Beaty found. hat said, if you can convince Saban to come to Larryville, I'm all for it! Because, the simple fact is, it isn't going to get any better than "worst ever" under Doofus. So "mediocre" sounds good right now.

I wouldn't call Mangino's tenure at KU "mediocre." I agree with you -- the guy inherited a garbage team and ended up with a team that filled the stadium, competed against everybody, gave Nebraska a fatal flogging for the ages and won bowl games including KU's only-ever Orange Bowl victory. NOT mediocre in the least. But excellent.

I'd take mediocre right now. I myself am mediocre at everything I do, and I have a pretty decent time of it anyway.

#2024034 - 11/27/17 06:40 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Zero conference championships and 1 division co-championship in 8 seasons. The one division co-championship was a result of scheduling
.Winning record in 3 of 8 seasons. This makes him desirable now.
Winning conference record in 1 of 8 seasons. 4-4 one year. He did learn from the best on how to schedule.
All in all, MM was to KU football, what Bruce Weber is to KSU basketball. Except Bruce treats people more humanely.

#2024049 - 11/27/17 10:48 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
I agree about the coordinators taking off. I see that happening and I see the coach blaming staff anyway. It's always the underlings who go first before the coach who doesn't have the policy, 'the buck stops with me.'

I have no confidence in Girod. If we were going to fire Beaty, they should have announced it at the end of that game. Things that would change my opinion though....

1) Chancellor Girod fires AD Zenger. I think that sends the right message that we are not going to put up with this.
2) Pressure Beaty if you are going to keep him. If he stinks it up, fired him immediately. Maybe he'll force KU to go to an assistant coach like Bowen. I could live with that.
3) Really get a list of coaches and go put your name in the running for some of the better coaches. I don't know what Glen Mason is doing these days, or if he can handle a KU coaching job today, but why the hell not?!!! He made it in Kansas and in Minnesota. He's proven. I see that as a great interim head coach.
4) Go get a Bohl or Jim Harbaugh if you can. I mean, we don't need the renovated stadium if nobody is coming to the games. We are losing plenty of money keeping Beaty on.

But I don't see that from our leaders. I see a lot of poor decisions. I don't think Zenger's contract extension should have happened. No reason for the pay raise. I don't hate the man, but he's bad for the KU program. Same with Beaty. Two guys who appear in over their heads to handle the monstrous task at the KU rebuild. It's worth noting there's nothing like it. Hell, go get Leavitt. There are coaches we can get if we are going to shell out for a nice new refurbished stadium avoid of apathetic KU fans.

#2024071 - 11/28/17 11:55 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: namohcan_99]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it's fun watching mark troll ku on twitter. he's better at it than me.

#2024091 - 11/28/17 05:35 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
it's fun watching mark troll ku on twitter. he's better at it than me.

Who knows, Mangino might end up back on the staff at KSU again? OC for Sean?

KU Football is so screwed up right now, but it honestly doesn't surprise me anymore. KU has made a HABIT out of screwing up the grid program. If DB berates a parking attendant will he get the axe like Mangino?

I'd say we have a double standard at KU, but that would indicate we actually had standards to begin with. The same school that is retaining Beaty at 3-33, fired Don Fambrough twice for going BOWLING in year three, (when going to bowls was actually difficult) because he backslid in year four. KU allowed Gottfried to pillage the program with JC's, a mess it took two coaches to correct. We then managed to run off the best of those two by not improving the facilities (among other reasons)...then and THEN, allowed the Hoops coach to pick the replacement.

It's freaking incredible! KU Football is simply nucking futz!

Now, the same damn AD who allowed Chuckles to pillage the program with JC's says HS kids are the way to go, but is actively participating in allowing Beaty to haul in transfers from JC's and any other place these upper classmen called home and then publically lie about the roster, telling us all that Beaty is in the "process" of rebuilding the program! Beaty himself deserves a best actor Oscar for pretending that this past season isn't too far from what he actually expected.

Nope, KU Football has ZERO standards and ZERO expectations. All they really want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Suffice to say, they will get no more of mine!

There is a reason that the mob has grown restless. Forty years of this crap is enough!

#2024097 - 11/28/17 05:50 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

The administrative silence persists. It's time for b-ball. The narcissistic injury of football is healed through basketball season, when the Jayhawks feel so dominant...until the tourney.

You can feel it, can't you? The sense that -- except for Tom Keegan and a bunch of old stragglers -- football has dropped from everyone's mind till next year? I mean at KU.

#2024101 - 11/28/17 06:01 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
The recruiting is still ongoing for 2018. Let’s keep track of how many Jucos we will award with schollies. Beaty said It ain’t but it is!!

Zenger says it ain’t but it is!!!

#2024111 - 11/28/17 06:13 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: Kirk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kirk
The administrative silence persists. It's time for b-ball. The narcissistic injury of football is healed through basketball season, when the Jayhawks feel so dominant...until the tourney.

You can feel it, can't you? The sense that -- except for Tom Keegan and a bunch of old stragglers -- football has dropped from everyone's mind till next year? I mean at KU.

What happens when Nichol's State, in front of 16,000 quiet fans, beats us in the 2018 opener? cry

#2024115 - 11/28/17 07:31 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

There is a reason that the mob has grown restless. Forty years of this crap is enough!

Restless? I think the fans have fallen asleep and are having a drink at The Wheel. The fans have given up on this program and who can blame them?! This program gave up on itself when Zenger hired Weis and then Beaty. Sure, the results are not acceptable, but we are going to accept them anyway. Zenger being dumb enough to say the results are not acceptable should put his shoe in mouth and use the other to kick his own ass. Zenger did more damage to this program than Lew Perkins. Yes, firing Mangino was bad, but it wasn't like we weren't able to pick up a good coach. Even after Turner Gill failed miserably, we still had respectability. But after Weis and now Beaty, we won't be any more credible with Beaty sticking around an extra year and we'll just be on another wasted year. What's to be gained from this season to the next? We'll likely lose any player with a decent shot to the NFL. And if not, then I'd really question their motives, unless they are doing it for education.

KU football IS a [censored] joke. When Matt Lienart couldn't stop laughing when asked to talk about KU, that pretty much sums up the national perspective of our program. Looking on this site, you have Keegan saying this program is going nowhere and it makes no sense to keep the coach (and maybe not Zenger either.) You also have a pod cast talking about the obituary of the 2017 season. How nice.

A couple of years ago people argued how we'd never get below 40,000, then never get below 35,000, then 30, then 25, and now we are around 20,000. If you took away the priority point system with the football season tickets, how many 'loyal' fans do you really believe we'd have? I'd think we'd be lucky to get 10,000. Look at ALL that MONEY we are losing just in ticket sales, and we are talking about building a bigger and better stadium to watch a crap product? That is just stupid, and fans who do it just haven't hit the reality of where KU football truly is at these days.

Zenger should be gone now. Talks of Beaty being cut loose should be going on now or soon after Zenger. We should bring in a strong interim coach or head coach to lead the rebuild of the staff and the team.

There are a lot of better things KU could be doing. If we can't get anyone, let the AD or chancellor tell us that. I would rather know our program is officially dead than being told that we are following a path of success. This isn't success. This is stupidity. Fans are upset. The kids and players are upset. Quit lying to us and expect us to accept poor as some amazing standard of success. It's [censored]. You can't put a bow tie on [censored]. you can't put [censored] in a dress and give it some new shoes and a perm. You can't hide [censored] because the stench encompasses this entire program. Get some real coaches. Build on what we have and get some real metrics and let the fans know what our realistic goals are going the next x number of years. Stop bullshitting us with unrealistic promises. I'd pay for improving the program, but I won't paid for dolled up [censored] in a can.

#2024119 - 11/28/17 07:57 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Wow...did Mangino kill vmlb's parents or something? If 12-1 and winning the only BCS bowl game that a football team from the state of Kansas has is mediocre, then give me mediocre any day.

So if Mangino wasn't good enough, then wtf does he expect? I mean seriously....this team fu(king sucks balls, and will under Zenger and Beaty are crying in each other's beers, unemployed.

I had season tickets for about 20 years, cancelled under Chaz Frontbutt, and haven't spent a fu(king dime on anything KU football since then. If we show the signs of wanting to actually compete again, I will get behind the program. Until then, there is no reason to even think about it.

RCJHKU!

#2024121 - 11/28/17 08:01 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: namohcan_99]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
That's a helluva rant and unfortunately, very accurate.

#2024124 - 11/28/17 08:10 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Unfortunately, when you hire a jackass and put him in charge of fixing KU football, you just dig a deeper and deeper hole.

I guess we'll see if $350M can fill it in.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2024131 - 11/28/17 11:39 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: dgless21]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Unfortunately, when you hire a jackass and put him in charge of fixing KU football, you just dig a deeper and deeper hole.

I guess we'll see if $350M can fill it in.

Unless they are using that money to get a coach and staff to make that happen, I don't see us filling anything. To quote Uncle Eddie, "Shitter's full!"

#2024143 - 11/29/17 10:47 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: dgless21]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it's interesting as an outsider to see how high ku's revenue is, comparatively, yet the unwillingness to hire a quality football coach. maybe they spend all those millions on stuff that gets in the way of doing so. it's odd.

#2024145 - 11/29/17 11:18 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it's interesting as an outsider to see how high ku's revenue is, comparatively, yet the unwillingness to hire a quality football coach. maybe they spend all those millions on stuff that gets in the way of doing so. it's odd.

There isn't a single item associated with the KU Grid program that isn't "odd". At least to anyone who thinks in a logical, linear fashion.

#2024230 - 11/30/17 06:16 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
How does it feel to be 7-5 when expectations were far greater?

#2024231 - 11/30/17 07:01 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Please. 58. You and I are KU football fans. We can't be dogging people, regardless of the classless nature of many of their fans, for winning only 7 games in a single season. It takes us like 7 seasons to do that.

#2024235 - 11/30/17 07:59 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Wow...did Mangino kill vmlb's parents or something? If 12-1 and winning the only BCS bowl game that a football team from the state of Kansas has is mediocre, then give me mediocre any day.

So if Mangino wasn't good enough, then wtf does he expect? I mean seriously....this team fu(king sucks balls, and will under Zenger and Beaty are crying in each other's beers, unemployed.

I had season tickets for about 20 years, cancelled under Chaz Frontbutt, and haven't spent a fu(king dime on anything KU football since then. If we show the signs of wanting to actually compete again, I will get behind the program. Until then, there is no reason to even think about it.

RCJHKU!

MM was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach. The record speaks for itself. He benefited one year from the unbalanced league schedule. The unbalanced schedule hurt him four years, helped him the other four. One of those four years, the stars lined up, and he rode it to success. I was probably expecting too much for him to ride that year to further successful years.
If our BB program had a coach with his success, he wouldn't last two years; yet you want to rehire him.I understand where you a coming from. A C is better then an F on everyone's report card. We currently have Fs on our card and you want to get back to having Cs.

#2024239 - 11/30/17 08:17 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I just want to see competitive football being played on the field.

#2024255 - 12/01/17 08:50 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter

Totally agree! I am a "KANSAS" grid fan. I do not expect perfection. I've been watching this team since the 60's so I do know about losing. What I want is a team that pulls off a major upset every 4 or 5 years and goes bowling every third and is competitive the rest of the time. The Zenger/Beaty version is so far removed from even being an average team that it actually defies logic.

When I think back to Fambrough getting the axe following a injury plagued 1974 season that started so promising following a bowl season in 73 (also with a plethora of injuries to a bunch of starters) and compare the actual competitiveness of that squad to Beaty's and his efforts, it makes me want to PUKE!

For the Love of God! These kids don't have a clue regarding assignments from play to play, repeatedly garner delay of game penalties, call timeouts at the most insane times and have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees. Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.

#2024260 - 12/01/17 10:08 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

after ertz got hurt at vandy, i'll take 7-5. this team was decimated with injuries. it wasn't only jesse. and coach dealing with the big C through it all.

the offense (two-deep) returns in-tact next fall. the defense loses but 4 starters. so, the future is bright assuming snyder returns.

#2024265 - 12/01/17 11:00 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Totally agree! I am a "KANSAS" grid fan. I do not expect perfection. I've been watching this team since the 60's so I do know about losing. What I want is a team that pulls off a major upset every 4 or 5 years and goes bowling every third and is competitive the rest of the time. The Zenger/Beaty version is so far removed from even being an average team that it actually defies logic.

When I think back to Fambrough getting the axe following a injury plagued 1974 season that started so promising following a bowl season in 73 (also with a plethora of injuries to a bunch of starters) and compare the actual competitiveness of that squad to Beaty's and his efforts, it makes me want to PUKE!

For the Love of God! These kids don't have a clue regarding assignments from play to play, repeatedly garner delay of game penalties, call timeouts at the most insane times and have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees. Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.

I wonder what kind of dogs he meant, because some dogs are smarter than other dogs. Maybe Beaty is like Huckleberry Hound?

#2024266 - 12/01/17 11:02 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

after ertz got hurt at vandy, i'll take 7-5. this team was decimated with injuries. it wasn't only jesse. and coach dealing with the big C through it all.

the offense (two-deep) returns in-tact next fall. the defense loses but 4 starters. so, the future is bright assuming snyder returns.

I think KSU is light years ahead of KU. That's from good coaching and fundamentals. KU has neither.

#2024273 - 12/01/17 11:35 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Injuries or not, those 2 teams ('73 and '74) were loaded with NFL talent still. I'd hate to compare a lot of other KU teams to those 2 without being envious of how talented those 2 were in comparison.

...have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees.
1 of my 2 biggest criticisms of Beaty's coaching too.

#2024290 - 12/01/17 02:29 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Injuries or not, those 2 teams ('73 and '74) were loaded with NFL talent still. I'd hate to compare a lot of other KU teams to those 2 without being envious of how talented those 2 were in comparison.

They were loaded....oddly with a BUNCH of Kansas kids too! Beason, Zook, Cromwell, Smith, Campfield, Bruce Adams. Towle to name a few. but if it wasn't for injuries, only Adams, Towle and Smith would have actually played in 73. Losing the starting backfield in 74 to injuries without superior depth was the killer for that bunch.

...have a HC so wrapped up in "analytics" that he can't see the forest for the trees.
1 of my 2 biggest criticisms of Beaty's coaching too.

He is WAY too wrapped up in that crap for his own good!

#2024291 - 12/01/17 02:44 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

Not to mention that he insulted every player last week with his ten thousandth dumb arse comment since arriving "Our kids are smart...like dogs"??????? WTF????? If Mangino said that, the thought police at KU would have hammered him to oblivion.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.N6gQh...id=3.1&rm=2

#2024316 - 12/01/17 09:27 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas

More than odd. It's frustrating. Geez, just look at the potential we had w/ both Mase and Mangino. Two of the best rebuilding jobs in one generation and just blew it on promoting those guys up the food chain. Not only that, but we actively persecuted both of em. Good Lord, Doubting Thomas University. Had KU's administration been governing the Jews in the desert, they'd told the people to refuse to eat the manna and sent Moses packing. Then they'd done the same to Joshua after Jericho.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2024393 - 12/04/17 11:19 AM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: John_Brown]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: John_Brown

More than odd. It's frustrating. Geez, just look at the potential we had w/ both Mase and Mangino. Two of the best rebuilding jobs in one generation and just blew it on promoting those guys up the food chain. Not only that, but we actively persecuted both of em. Good Lord, Doubting Thomas University. Had KU's administration been governing the Jews in the desert, they'd told the people to refuse to eat the manna and sent Moses packing. Then they'd done the same to Joshua after Jericho.

JB, the problems with the KU football program have historically not been related to the times when we are playing BAD football, but rather to when things are either starting to or have actually began looking UP. Throughout program history, AD's who had NOTHING to do with recent success, want THEIR name on the program hence they begin making changes all the way up to and including getting a different Head Coach. It happened to Mitchell, Fam twice, Mason and Mangino.

I've often wondered where the program might be today had Clyde Walker left Fam alone back in 74. Or Monte Johnson with Fam again in 82.

In any event, rest assured that once we get through this latest crap, get a new Head Coach, see some success in say 2022....another AD (it won't be Zenger) will start screwing things up and the rollercoaster will return to the bottom of the grade in short order.

#2024400 - 12/04/17 02:35 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i suspect that dr. z is sitting the year out to see what happens at k-state. if sean snyder isn't named head coach following 'the wizard,' i'll bet my next paycheck that he's at ku. zenger is simply waiting to see how it plays out down here before he makes his final move.

#2024402 - 12/04/17 02:59 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
i suspect that dr. z is sitting the year out to see what happens at k-state. if sean snyder isn't named head coach following 'the wizard,' i'll bet my next paycheck that he's at ku. zenger is simply waiting to see how it plays out down here before he makes his final move.

Now that is funny! I am not sure anyone is interested in Sean. Even if Zenger really did want to hire him he is not getting a third chance to hire a head football coach.

#2024403 - 12/04/17 03:11 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: moose1]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: moose1

Now that is funny! I am not sure anyone is interested in Sean. Even if Zenger really did want to hire him he is not getting a third chance to hire a head football coach.

Not so fast Moose. The administration and athletic department have proven time and again that they could get outsmarted by most 6th grade debate teams. I lay 50/50 odds that next year Zinger is calling the shots again on the new headcoach. There may certainly be some funny business going on up there going between the sheets with the boys in charge.

#2024405 - 12/04/17 03:26 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If Sean can run a program as well as he runs special teams, he will be the next very successful college head coach. IMHO, he should get the shot in Manhattan. He has the credentials as a player and assistant.....and his blood lines are certainly conducive to being successful.

But in no way do I ever see Sean as the HC in Larryville.

#2024426 - 12/04/17 11:23 PM Re: The "Curse" of the Mangino! [Re: beenahawk]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas

If Sean can run a program as well as he runs special teams, he will be the next very successful college head coach. IMHO, he should get the shot in Manhattan. He has the credentials as a player and assistant.....and his blood lines are certainly conducive to being successful.

But in no way do I ever see Sean as the HC in Larryville.

Did you notice in this year's Sunflower Showdown how the PigFarmer short kicked it to our upback right out of the sun. And we dam near muffed it. That's the attention to detail the Bucktoothed Wizard's exhibited over the years. You know they practiced that kick all week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview