Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023959 - 11/26/17 02:26 PM 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
vs Nicholls State: Nicholls has gone to Georgia and Texas A&M the last couple years and played them both really close. They will not be scared of Kansas. Their rising-junior QB is legit.

@ Central Michigan: Kansas stinks on the road.

vs Rutgers: Rutgers is only 4-8, but they beat bowl-bound Purdue and they beat Illinois at Illinois.

@ Baylor: KU lost at home to this crew 38-9 this year. Plus the whole road thing.

vs OSU: LOL

@ WVU: Kansas stinks on the road.

@ TTU: Road.

vs TCU: KU usually plays them close, but there's a wide talent gap here and it manifested in this year's game.

vs Iowa State: ISU doesn't suck anymore.

@ K State: Could be close, but it's a road game.

@ OU: LOL

vs Texas: Could be close, but if KU is 0-11 or 1-10 at this point there will be under 20,000 fans at this Friday game.

I don't see a lot of possible wins here. Maybe Nicholls and Rutgers?

#2023960 - 11/26/17 02:49 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
At least more wins than WSU will have.

#2023961 - 11/26/17 03:08 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I just hope 2018 is definitive. I would like to see KU win 5 or more or 1 or less. I just want it to be clear. If Beaty can turn this around great. If he can't then it is time to move on.

#2023962 - 11/26/17 03:15 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Does anybody really care...

#2023964 - 11/26/17 03:33 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: PHOGUSHER]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Does Beaty get fired midseason or end of season? My guess is Zenger gets fired midseason and Beaty at the end of the season.

#2023965 - 11/26/17 03:35 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
So, when do we can him?

W/ the early signing period, he needs to go the moment we become bowl ineligible at the latest. Personally, he has to go after either a loss to Nichols State or Rutgers. We cannot simply wait any longer than that. If he wins both of those, he gets the axe after the 8th game of the season. The Chancellor ought to take the axe to Zenger during MBB season. His continued employment is amazing.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2023966 - 11/26/17 03:46 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

If Girod was smart he would fire Zenger ASAP so he could hire a new AD. That way Girod could take his time and hire a quality AD and be ready to fire Beaty and replace him after next season. This being KU we all know that is not going to happen.

Keegan needs to get some of his national sports journalist colleagues to turn their spotlight on how bad KU is and embarrass Girod into doing the right thing. We need more bad national media attention to right this ship.

Edited by pizzanbeer (11/26/17 03:48 PM)

#2023968 - 11/26/17 03:53 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: pizzanbeer]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
If Girod was smart he would fire Zenger ASAP so he could hire a new AD. That way Girod could take his time and hire a quality AD and be ready to fire Beaty and replace him after next season. This being KU we all know that is not going to happen.

Keegan needs to get some of his national sports journalist colleagues to turn their spotlight on how bad KU is and embarrass Girod into doing the right thing. We need more bad national media attention to right this ship.

That would help. BillSelf could dump Zenger in about 5 minutes if he decided to make the move. Maybe some press backfire would get Bill to do what Roy did 15 years ago.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (11/26/17 03:53 PM)

#2023978 - 11/26/17 04:43 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
I remember an old TV show called, "That's Incredible."

Kansas football would be the perfect feature on that show. Great national attention. The studio audience with their mouths gaping open. Who knew??? How is this even possible?? Is this a joke???

#2023979 - 11/26/17 04:56 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Possibility? It is a probability. I mean seriously....wtf is accomplished by putting off the inevitable one more year? All it accomplishes is being one more year behind in rebuilding and having HOPE. Hope is a big thing, and having none (unfortunately deserved) will only hurt the completely insane prospect of getting 350 million dollars given to the Titanic as it sits on the bottom of the ocean.

Zengers job is to be the CEO of KU Athletics. He's paid a [censored] ton of money to do that job. If he is scared to fire his hires (something he should be used to-he's had more than enough experience doing it) then his ass should be unemployed right the fu(k now. Hell, I'll do it for free. Go in Walking Tall style with a 2x4 and make those [censored] clean their desks and lockers out right now.

What will Memorial look like with lost revenue in ticket, merchandise, and vendor sales for an entire season with 10-15k asses in the seats? You are about to see if they truly do this. I'm just amazed at the continued stupidity of our program.

RCJHKU!

#2023983 - 11/26/17 07:04 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: pizzanbeer]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

You know nothing good will come from forcing the boss to do the right thing through a media smear campaign of not making the right decisions and especially not the tough decisions. Him and Zenger go along swimmingly because Zenger does whatever the top donors wants. You want Weis, you got him! You want Beaty, you got him! You want me fired, you.....can go [censored] yourself! *laughs* ..because that is NOT going to happen. I'm all about saving my own ass right now, and firing the guy I hired will just get me canned. I 'm just going to sit back and hope KU somehow all of a sudden becomes good, like some kind of hand of God stuff.. yeah... just like that.

#2023984 - 11/26/17 07:23 PM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: moose1]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
I just hope 2018 is definitive. I would like to see KU win 5 or more or 1 or less. I just want it to be clear. If Beaty can turn this around great. If he can't then it is time to move on.

This^^. Worst case scenario would be 3 or 4 wins and they would cite "improvement".

#2023999 - 11/27/17 11:05 AM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: casey
vs Nicholls State: Nicholls has gone to Georgia and Texas A&M the last couple years and played them both really close. They will not be scared of Kansas. Their rising-junior QB is legit.

@ Central Michigan: Kansas stinks on the road.

vs Rutgers: Rutgers is only 4-8, but they beat bowl-bound Purdue and they beat Illinois at Illinois.

@ Baylor: KU lost at home to this crew 38-9 this year. Plus the whole road thing.

vs OSU: LOL

No and NO

Unfortunately we will have to wait until OSU when we are 0-5 for the end of the Beaty reign of terror

#2024264 - 12/01/17 10:57 AM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: Jman1]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: casey

I think it is safe to say these are the best chances for a KU win, but who on this board is really excited about taking down Nicholls or Rutgers? Rutgers would be nice because I think they are above KU, and Nicholls... I don't know if they are above or below KU, but it's sad that these are teams that years ago fans would be complaining to Mangino about scheduling soft to get the wins. Now we can't even guarantee those wins. This is why KU fans don't know what to root for because we aren't even rooting for mediocrity any longer. We are rooting to not be last! Our expectations have gone down since the Mangino years tremendously. Shouldn't we still have high expectations? I am talking big picture. I'm not saying we should be 9-3 next season. I'm talking about where we should be looking to get to that level. We aren't looking to get to that level, and if we are, I haven't see any metrics to show me that's what we are doing? We've hidden metrics behind very poor numbers that we say can't be measured yet. Give me a break. Numbers don't lie. We could be 0-12 and be on the right track, but this is just a delay and we should fire Zenger. Keep Beaty. It was a bad decision. I think that's a fireable offense by Zenger and that should be the end of that. Search for a new AD and put pressure on Beaty and see if anything good happens. I seriously doubt it and if Beaty gives up or looks unfit to continue, cut him loose.

#2024268 - 12/01/17 11:10 AM Re: 0-12 in 2018 is a real possibility [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Rutgers would be the first non conference win over a P5 in an eternity.

The @ Central Michigan game could be this season's biggest weekend. If KU wins that one, they dispose of the road losing streak story and could end non-con 3-0. The season might end 3-9, but the narrative around the program would still have changed significantly.

Preview