Rate This Topic
#2023808 - 11/22/17 06:35 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: Kirk
Really hoping this is Beaty's last game at KU.

Same for Zenger.
You'll be waiting a long time then.
So unless you somehow know it for a fact, no firing in Stoolwater on Saturday night? Wait until Monday to do a driveway announcement? You sound like an insider LMASO!
Wanna bet on that?

#2023811 - 11/22/17 07:53 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Can't we just trade even up with one of the other schools that's firing their coach?

#2023820 - 11/23/17 08:50 AM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I think what is most telling about Beaty is that no one is advocating keeping him on his own merits. The arguments for keeping him are stability to the program and he was handed a mess. I really don't see ANYONE (even the people that want to see him get another year) say hey this guy has the makings of a quality coach. To me that is a bad way to run a program by having a guy running it that there is no confidence in.

#2023848 - 11/24/17 10:00 AM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Roderick Charles Carey (born July 24, 1971) is an American football coach and former player. He is the head football coach at Northern Illinois University (NIU). Formerly the co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach under Dave Doeren, Carey was promoted to head coach after Doeren left to accept the head coaching job at North Carolina State University.[1]

Good candidate to consider for 2018 University of Kansas Football Head Coach. His team plays CMU (who beat Kansas 2017) later today on CBS. Both teams are over .500 winning % this year. HC record is 44-22 overall (approx.).

#2023849 - 11/24/17 10:05 AM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Not be repetitive, but...
think we are screwed with a capital F. Leadership is clueless, team has quit on this staff, and fan apathy is worse than EVER. The 350 million dollar campaign launch is just like the Gridiron club fiasco that Lew started, only with an obviously much worse product on the field. Supposedly there is a majority of that money already allowed (which tells me income inequality is a real thing and very wealthy people have way too much money that could be doing more for humanity, if they are willing to throw that money away on something as pathetic as KU football today versus ten years removed from the greatest sports year of my life). The Big XII is NOT long for this world, as the TV contracts will expire in 2020, and as you may have noticed, no one pays for cable anymore. The money won't be there, and the TV revenue is the only thing keeping this band of miscreant teams together.

We MUST MUST MUST have a football program that as least shows semblance of wanting to be a player in the NCAA upper half of respectablitiy. I know many think the basketball program (as great as it is) will automatically place us in a conference such as the B1G, but I fear we can become Wichita State and end up in a similar situation.

With all of this negativity I have spewed, the only answer that I have is we MUST blow the whole thing up (again). Entire staff, out. Zenger very much out. Find a COMPETENT EXPERIENCED coach that knows HOW to win. No more going for the young up and comer. We have MANY people who WANTED this job that we passed over because they weren't KU 'material'. [censored] that. I want mean. I want intense. I want fat. Basically, I want the next Mangino AFTER they have done what they did here in 2007. Jim Leavitt. Mike Leach. Dave Doreen. Hell, Tommy Tubberville. I'm just so [censored] sick of just absolute [censored].

My niece and nephew (2012 KU grads, bleed blue through and through who live in KC) will NOT renew their tickets. Said they are done. That tells me the apathy is worse than it's ever been.

Heads need to roll, and they need to have rolled last month.

#2023882 - 11/25/17 08:45 AM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
jhawkblue Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

36 games ago Beaty lost to the jackrabbits of SDSU in front of 30,144 in attendance. And with all the trust in the process, pay raises and extensions. 3 years later we would still lose to the jackrabbits but this time in front of only 15,000 so the only upside to Beaty is better parking on gameday

#2023894 - 11/25/17 12:26 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
It's funny you say that. My niece (KU grad two years ago) lives near campus. She says you can't even tell which days we play at home versus on the road anymore.

#earnthatparkingbitches

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview