Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023986 - 11/26/17 07:57 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: INation]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Lol @ Tennessee.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2023988 - 11/26/17 08:41 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: dgless21]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Lol @ Tennessee.

at least they listen to their fanbase

#2023990 - 11/26/17 09:54 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: tsveach]
rockchalkjjjhawk Offline
Seer

Wasn't there a consultant involved with Zenger when Beaty was chosen? Why haven't we heard anything about or from him? There have sure been a whole lot of folks who champion themselves as 'old football' guys it appears but who obviously have little or no clue about the most important qualities of a good coach. Seriously beginning to wonder about Zenger's motives. Might be time to start doing some delving....definitely something unusual/fishy going on.

#2023996 - 11/27/17 10:33 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Lol @ Tennessee.

yeah, UT is SO STOOPID they fired a guy who goes 6-6. We hang onto a guy for dear life after going 3-33. LOL@Tennessee who is LOL@KU, just like the rest of the country

#2024028 - 11/27/17 04:24 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: INation]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Well, for all you pouters, I LOL at KU too. Pretty frequently actually.

Extending Zenger was a sad LOL especially after reading that he was guaranteed 1.4M no matter what.

Extending Beaty was a sad LOL because Zenger gave a huge raise to a guy that has one FBS victory.

Guaranteeing Bowen for three years still makes me LOL every time it's brought up in discussion.

Meacham was more qualified than our actual head coach, and it makes me sad to see how quick his previous success was negated here. Hype hype hype. Flop. I LOL.

We got two BIG TIME transfers from Bama. They essentially didn't play. Makes me LOL.

Quiv and Maciah are hyped up as making strides and being good players. Gone from team. I LOL.

We are predictably bad. Saying Beaty and Weis were going to fail is about as simple of a prediction as it gets. No one wanted either.

As was pointed out by others, the AD here is a joke. He has no clue, and he tends to have a terrible grip on reality. I can't say I have high expectations for the stadium, and I certainly don't want involved in anymore coaching hires.

It is what it is. I've shared my concerns and expectations with my WEF rep, the KU Endowment, my ticket sales rep, and the school of business when each calls for money. We chat about how bad football is and we all LOL.

All that being said, watching John Currie and Tennessee struggle is a bit of schadenfreude because misery loves company.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2024068 - 11/28/17 11:36 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline

LOL

#2024069 - 11/28/17 11:37 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: INation]
Jman1 Offline

Or maybe it should be COL

#2024070 - 11/28/17 11:54 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: Jman1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
currie's earning every penny of that million dollar contract. what a mess.

#2024183 - 11/30/17 08:03 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: casey
I can't imagine Meacham staying for another season.

And if Meacham leaves, Jason flips.
Wrong.
Jason committed in large part because of Hull and Beaty, not Meacham.

Also, don't think Meacham is leaving.

#2024185 - 11/30/17 08:17 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Wrong.

What are your thoughts on how the offensive line might make significant improvement next season. Can the current cast of characters ever be good or are there young guys on the team that can step in and elevate the offensive line play next year?

#2024187 - 11/30/17 09:20 AM Re: Tis the season [Re: track]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track
What are your thoughts on how the offensive line might make significant improvement next season. Can the current cast of characters ever be good or are there young guys on the team that can step in and elevate the offensive line play next year?
Those are some good questions I'm not sure I've got the answers too, but here goes my best guess.

I think we've got at least 4 or 5, younger guys who'll be good but were just too young and inexperienced this year. Not saying they're going to be All-conference type guys, but rather solid IMO. I think they'll improve over the off-season. I would expect them to improve enough to be much more solid next year, but we'll have to wait and see.

I also think there's a chance that Durley, who missed this entire year with an injury, is going to be another solid guy. Him missing this year though probably has set his development back some and I don't have any idea right now how he's recovering from his injury other than he appears to be on schedule.

I'm still worried about the C spot as I'm not sure who's capable of stepping up to be a solid backup to Ribordy (and not having to steal a starter from somewhere else on the OL!) as I think Ribordy is currently our 2nd best OL overall still and will be the starting C again next year.

I'm also a little bit worried about our OG's. I think we've got some guys with potential, but only 2 of those guys played with any consistency this year IMO and a couple guys really struggled.

I think we've got legit talent at both OT spots, but again just no real experience at those spots this year and guys like Adeniji are a rare breed who've got the talent to play as well as he has without hardly any experience much less 2 torn labrums! Guy is just special. I expect that our younger guys at these spots will improve over the off-season, but the question is how much. If Baldwin is magically back on the "active" roster then we might actually be quite good at both OT spots IMO and not just solid(at the RT spot). Not very confident that's going to happen though.

#2024197 - 11/30/17 12:01 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
any thoughts on how much two shoulder surgeries will set back Adeniji? Have to think those shoulders will be take 6 months to heal before returning to anything meaningful in the weight room....and they will be pretty weak.

#2024216 - 11/30/17 03:57 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: INation]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Baldwin has last been spotted stuck in a Taco Bell drive thru window!!

#2024217 - 11/30/17 04:00 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Wrong.

Casey is full of info today. All incorrect but full of it.

#2024224 - 11/30/17 05:42 PM Re: Tis the season [Re: track]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track
any thoughts on how much two shoulder surgeries will set back Adeniji? Have to think those shoulders will be take 6 months to heal before returning to anything meaningful in the weight room....and they will be pretty weak.
Not well versed on that specific injury, but I imagine the recovery time is somewhere between 6 months and 1 year depending on age, specifics of the tear, kind of shape the patient is in, etc.

Hopefully he'll feel 100% or at leas near that come 1st game next year.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview