Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023806 - 11/22/17 04:26 PM Beaty’s boss canned Saturday
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
...at Texas A&M, Kevin Sumlin. Waiting til after LSU game. Beaty should be fired by email on Saturday

#2023818 - 11/22/17 11:27 PM Re: Beaty’s boss canned Saturday [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Yes. Or he should be fired by “accidental text on purpose.”

But (sigh) the process is midway and it must be trusted. The longer the process is trusted, the more real the trust. Start with blind trust and everything will work out, like it usually does, for KU football.

#2023840 - 11/23/17 06:48 PM Re: Beaty’s boss canned Saturday [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Beaty's actual boss is a jackass. It's unfortunate he hasn't been fired.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2023867 - 11/24/17 09:34 PM Re: Beaty’s boss canned Saturday [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Beaty's actual boss is a jackass. It's unfortunate he hasn't been fired.
”a huge loser jackass that took advantage of a female outgoing chancellor who never played a down of football and was never a fan of it”. FYP to be as accurate as possible.

#2023872 - 11/25/17 01:29 AM Re: Beaty’s boss canned Saturday [Re: KUCO_VOC]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Did he or did she? I never felt like either was fully aware of the other or what to do. I saw Zenger and Weis campaigning when they were trying to sell KU fans and alumni a bad bill of sale. Zenger's strength was that he came from a good football background. So far, I haven't seen how that upside has really helped KU in building a stable football program. Unless stable can mean stably unstable then I guess he did a great job. Some day when KU goes under 20,000 for a home game, which was close this year when it hit a little over 21,000, I know I can get some pretty good seats and talk to visiting teams and their fans and we can all joke about what KU had and what we have and why giving up is an option to some and how it's amazing none of these teams since Mangino bought in to the programs or the coaches in full and how donor money seems to have been our best solutions so far because Gill had a full staff and had a decent season once with a bad team in a bad conference, or Weis knows NFL, he'll draw in the names and he's still being paid off by Notre Dame to not coach there, so you know he has to be good, or Beaty, because he's going to lock down the Texas recruits for us, and that's what Mangino did to become successful. We just need Mangino, but not Mangino. Lets keep building on this mistake with more mistakes and hope we get lucky.

Why don't we just go get Jim Leavitt and see how that works out? Anyone?

#2023876 - 11/25/17 07:22 AM Re: Beaty’s boss canned Saturday [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I agree. However, we went under the 20k threshold many times this year. Many said less than 15k were at the Baylor game. Take away the Gooner fans, and there's 6k there.

Leavitt wants to go to KSU. Old Balls doesn't want anyone there who might top his success. Go get him. Be prepared. He's a real football coach who knows how to build a program, and in doing so may tell some highfalutin donors to get the fu(k out of the way at a practice they just happened to stumble into.

We are the poster child for the multiple tried theory of "Nice doesn't work" in football. It's time to bring in someone who doesn't give two fu(ks about PR, but just wants to win.

Or, cancel the program. It's time to either get serious or go home.

RCJHKU!

Preview