Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023847 - 11/24/17 09:56 AM My rant. Fu(k this shite.
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
think we are screwed with a capital F. Leadership is clueless, team has quit on this staff, and fan apathy is worse than EVER. The 350 million dollar campaign launch is just like the Gridiron club fiasco that Lew started, only with an obviously much worse product on the field. Supposedly there is a majority of that money already allowed (which tells me income inequality is a real thing and very wealthy people have way too much money that could be doing more for humanity, if they are willing to throw that money away on something as pathetic as KU football today versus ten years removed from the greatest sports year of my life). The Big XII is NOT long for this world, as the TV contracts will expire in 2020, and as you may have noticed, no one pays for cable anymore. The money won't be there, and the TV revenue is the only thing keeping this band of miscreant teams together.

We MUST MUST MUST have a football program that as least shows semblance of wanting to be a player in the NCAA upper half of respectablitiy. I know many think the basketball program (as great as it is) will automatically place us in a conference such as the B1G, but I fear we can become Wichita State and end up in a similar situation.

With all of this negativity I have spewed, the only answer that I have is we MUST blow the whole thing up (again). Entire staff, out. Zenger very much out. Find a COMPETENT EXPERIENCED coach that knows HOW to win. No more going for the young up and comer. We have MANY people who WANTED this job that we passed over because they weren't KU 'material'. [censored] that. I want mean. I want intense. I want fat. Basically, I want the next Mangino AFTER they have done what they did here in 2007. Jim Leavitt. Mike Leach. Dave Doreen. Hell, Tommy Tubberville. I'm just so [censored] sick of just absolute [censored].

My niece and nephew (2012 KU grads, bleed blue through and through who live in KC) will NOT renew their tickets. Said they are done. That tells me the apathy is worse than it's ever been.

Heads need to roll, and they need to have rolled last month.

#2023850 - 11/24/17 10:06 AM Re: My rant. Fu(k this shite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I put a nice solution for replacement on "Beaty upside" topic today. Watch the NIU-CMU game today (they televise good teams!!!) and tell me the Doeren replacement at NIU isn't a definite upgrade from winless, clueless, jobless(?) Beaty.

#2023873 - 11/25/17 01:53 AM Re: My rant. Fu(k this shite. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I put a nice solution for replacement on "Beaty upside" topic today. Watch the NIU-CMU game today (they televise good teams!!!) and tell me the Doeren replacement at NIU isn't a definite upgrade from winless, clueless, jobless(?) Beaty.

But if that's the case, why wouldn't we just go get Doeren? And what about Leavitt? If KSU can't get it together and lock him in, why don't we? We passed on Snyder years ago, and maybe this is our Snyder. Why not get Leavitt? He's proven. Or what about Craig Bohl? Too unlikely now? Or we can shoot for the stars and go after Jim Harbaugh. I'm hearing some decent names. I wish I knew more about the coaches of the teams you are talking about. I have heard good things about their programs but I can't say I have heard enough. You might be right KUVOC. I just don't know. I just feel the next hire has to be proven and we need to let our KU AD go. He has failed at his primary goal. He doesn't have fans in the stands. He hired both Weis and Beaty. Unless Beaty turns things around in some miracle, I would never allow Zenger to make the next bad hiring decision. Maybe his heart is in the right place, but his head sure wasn't with Weis. I can't forgive him for that head scratcher. He was on nobody's radars for a reason.

I'm tired of seeing the apathy and I'm tired of them trying to pander us with a piss-poor product. KU needs a team before the next Grid Iron Club.... or whatever it is we are building next... the bouncy house in the South end zone.

I honestly don't know why we didn't stay with Bowen. We had a coach who was a motivator and maybe deserved that shot until we found the right coach. Beaty is just like another Bowen but worse. We keep hiring for stupid reasons. We need to get it right and get it done. I'm tired of this [censored]. I'm tired of watching some of the team give up, and I'm tired of watching the bad play calls and the lack of understanding what their day-to-day goals are in the process, or if we even have realistic goals. I have heard some really dumb things by this coach. I still don't get what he was saying about the clock being sped up and how he denies it even happened. That's our kids' leadership? No wonder we look so lost on the field.

#2023877 - 11/25/17 07:25 AM Re: My rant. Fu(k this shite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
If Beaty returns next year, it WILL be the end. You will see less than 15k for games. We will NOT win more than 2 at best games. The entire staff needs to go. It's nut cutting time.

RCJHKU!

#2023981 - 11/26/17 06:46 PM Re: My rant. Fu(k this shite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
"While we know the results of this season are not acceptable, the rebuilding of this program is a process, and Coach Beaty will continue to lead us through it," Zenger said.

Somebody has to explain to me how the results are not acceptable, yet we are being told to accept them. Sorry, but I'm not getting any tickets or donating to any athletics with this kind of stupidity. What exactly makes season 4 promising? I guess I should trust the leadership of Zenger because his hire of Chuckles was like two bombshells to this program in one. Got to love an AD without any balls. He's done. Minute he fires Beaty his ass is on the chopping block. I'm assuming Zenger had good intentions but his judgment in hires was so very poor. Who gets an evaluation like this at work and is kept on?

Fire Zenger. Get a qualified AD who has been able to bring up programs.

Preview