Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023733 - 11/20/17 08:31 PM Beaty's upside?
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Consensus is he stays. I tend to agree w/ it. So what does he bring us to offset 3-33 and some epic beat downs?

1-He does seem to recruit. He also is able to spot talent even if he doesn't land it. Always seems to have talented guys offered afore the Big Boys move in.
2-He's cheap. Important factor after Derp/WTFChuck contracts.
3-He does stay on the positive side even when it is nauseating.
4-He's here now. Again, important after Derp/WTFChuck. Stability is important.
5-He does seem to retain players. Important after WTFChuck decimated them.
6-We haven't had a serious off field issue w/ his guys. We haven't had any academic fraud. I can live w/ the captains not shaking hands if none of 'em are getting tackled by cops on Saturday night.

Honestly, that's about it. I'm willing to accept another round of beat downs next fall if it'll get our numbers back up. And, who knows, maybe Beaty will grow into the job. Ya'll have any others?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2023736 - 11/20/17 08:47 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
So JB you have given up!! I haven’t I will take the gauntlet up to get us some relief!!!

#2023739 - 11/20/17 09:27 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Stability is the biggest fallacy out of this whole thing. KU did not lose that many players due to the coaching changes. KU lost players due to Gill not paying attention to academics. Then instead of working with those kids he just gets rid of them. Then Weis recruits the lost recruiting class of Roanoke where the class is gone within a year without producing anything. Now KU is filling scholarships with walkons and JUCOs. Not a path to success. Plus if Beaty was concerned about stability he would not go through assistants like most people change underwear.

#2023740 - 11/20/17 09:35 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: John_Brown
Consensus is he stays. I tend to agree w/ it. So what does he bring us to offset 3-33 and some epic beat downs?

1-He does seem to recruit. He also is able to spot talent even if he doesn't land it. Always seems to have talented guys offered afore the Big Boys move in.
2-He's cheap. Important factor after Derp/WTFChuck contracts.
3-He does stay on the positive side even when it is nauseating.
4-He's here now. Again, important after Derp/WTFChuck. Stability is important.
5-He does seem to retain players. Important after WTFChuck decimated them.
6-We haven't had a serious off field issue w/ his guys. We haven't had any academic fraud. I can live w/ the captains not shaking hands if none of 'em are getting tackled by cops on Saturday night.

Honestly, that's about it. I'm willing to accept another round of beat downs next fall if it'll get our numbers back up. And, who knows, maybe Beaty will grow into the job. Ya'll have any others?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Maciah Long says hello on #6.

#2023742 - 11/20/17 09:40 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

"Plus if Beaty was concerned about stability he would not go through assistants like most people change underwear".

The reason being is that dudes are jumpin ship faster than Blackbeard had sailors walkin the plank. If they are anything more than a middle school level coach, Asst coaches are saying to themselves "I have to get the F&ck outta here ASAP"

#2023763 - 11/21/17 12:13 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I I honestly think the jury is still out on Beaty as a recruiter. He was supposed to land the Texas talent...not seeing that after three years to hardly any degree. Personally I think the whole Texas talent/recruiting is way overblown anyway. My may concern is that the kids he does recruit do not seem to improve with time and coaching. That tells me the position coaches suck, almost as much as Beaty.

The ONLY real upside I see with Beaty is that he is so freaking bad, we simply can't do worse when he is finally canned. laugh

#2023766 - 11/21/17 01:54 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: beenahawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
I I honestly think the jury is still out on Beaty as a recruiter. He was supposed to land the Texas talent...not seeing that after three years to hardly any degree. Personally I think the whole Texas talent/recruiting is way overblown anyway. My may concern is that the kids he does recruit do not seem to improve with time and coaching. That tells me the position coaches suck, almost as much as Beaty.

The ONLY real upside I see with Beaty is that he is so freaking bad, we simply can't do worse when he is finally canned. laugh
That's what they said when Weis was fired and it did get worse.

#2023767 - 11/21/17 02:25 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: beenahawk]
Happy Birthday PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
It looks like the biggest problem with Beaty recruiting Texas now is that many of these HS coaches also have hopes for a future. Given a choice, they have to be looking out for their players. I would think any calls coming from Texas coaches these days have to be about kids who MIGHT have the talent but have no P5 offers. You have a chance to find some gems, but its tough to fill a roster that way.

#2023772 - 11/21/17 07:27 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
No upside. Unless cheap really counts.

No frucking upside whatsoever. All downside.

#2023789 - 11/22/17 09:27 AM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

That's what they said when Weis was fired and it did get worse.

Quite true....but who in their right mind could have imagined that Zenger would provide a doofus from the assistant coaching ranks with the Search Committee's interview questions two days before said doofus sat down to glorify his "vision" of KU Football, which due to the insider trading between doofus and Zenger, just "happened" to be exactly the same as the Search Committee!

Zenger ended up with a head coach on the cheap but got more than he bargained for in the terms of lost fan support and ticket sales. Doofus ends up a millionaire, proving that cheating on a test is still a sure fire method to personal success! That's a GREAT message to pass along to the team....and it shows!

#2023794 - 11/22/17 12:27 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: John_Brown]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Really hoping this is Beaty's last game at KU.

Same for Zenger.

#2023795 - 11/22/17 02:12 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: Kirk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kirk

Same for Zenger.

As are hundreds of thousands of Jayhawks across the world!

In all honesty, why wait? Some say it will be bad for this year's recruiting class......as opposed to next year's? Beaty and Zenger have done NOTHING to warrant another year and all the off season hype isn't going to change the fact that Beaty isn't going to start winning in 2018. if that is what Girod is waiting to see, what is the number of wins that save the doofus? 2? 3? 4?. No way is Beaty and this staff going to suddenly go bowling in 2018. Zero State could very well put up 70 plus points on this bunch of daisies and unlike OU, DB's "Air Raid" isn't going to answer score for score.

#2023802 - 11/22/17 03:46 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: Kirk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO

Same for Zenger.
You'll be waiting a long time then.

#2023804 - 11/22/17 04:14 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Same for Zenger.

If that's the case, Girod will also be waiting "a long time" to see an increase in season ticket sales at Old Memorial. I already know of three more long time season ticket holders who will not renew if Zenger and Beaty are still here in 2018 I stopped renewing after DB's first season and have no regrets. I told them when they get a "real head coach, I'll come back." Too much invested after five decades not to come back, if KU gives me anything at all to come back for!

#2023805 - 11/22/17 04:14 PM Re: Beaty's upside? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

Same for Zenger.
So unless you somehow know it for a fact, no firing in Stoolwater on Saturday night? Wait until Monday to do a driveway announcement? You sound like an insider LMASO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview