Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023666 - 11/19/17 07:27 PM Too bad Beaty cant recruit in Texas
DallasJHawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Went and watched my local high school play a playoff game yesterday- Texas class 5A. We are the defending state champs in that classification. Played a team out of Texarkana and they had a wide receiver that was a man among boys. Ridiculous speed and fantastic hands. Name is Tevailance Hunt. Found out afterwords he was a former KU commit who flipped to TCU. He didnt look like the kind of player KU would ever be able to recruit. Cant say I fault him for switching to TCU. They play meaningful games in front of lots of fans.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/tevailance-hunt-186188

#2023693 - 11/20/17 01:31 PM Re: Too bad Beaty cant recruit in Texas [Re: DallasJHawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
He decommitted before the season began back at the end of July. He was committed to KU from February till the end of July.

Would have loved to have been able to hold onto him.

You're right about our Texas recruiting right now. We've trailed off quite a bit, but in part it seems to be because we've focused more on Louisiana, Mississippi (mostly JUCO's) and some other places.They haven't given up recruiting Texas, but they don't seem to be spending as much time there than in the past couple years. I'd like them to keep recruiting Texas just as hard as they did before because as long as KU is in the Big 12 Texas recruiting will be of vital importance to us.

Doesn't mean I don't really like some of the guys they've gotten and are in on in Louisiana, Mississippi, and a few other places we haven't recruited much before these past couple of years. I'd like that along with strong Texas recruiting. Maybe I'm just greedy?

#2023729 - 11/20/17 04:48 PM Re: Too bad Beaty cant recruit in Texas [Re: DallasJHawk]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

"Too bad Beaty cant recruit in Texas"

Is that due to the fact that KU is so awful bad that the Governor has banned him and the entire staff from the state to protect the players and the citizens of the State of Texas?

Preview