Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023676 - 11/20/17 10:52 AM Coaching Hot Seat
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Girod and Zenger might be ignoring Beaty's poor performance as head coach but it is being recognized nationally on coaching hot seat lists.

On Coacheshotseat.com Beaty ranks #3 behind only Bielema at Arkansas #2 and Riley at Nebraska #1.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com

The Atlanta Journal Constitution ranks Beaty at #6 on their hot seat list. Bailiff at Rice is #5, Sumlin at AM #4, Fedora at NC #3, Riley at Neb #2, Bielema at Ark #1.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/colleg...Gkoo63aWT3l3IL/

Edited by pizzanbeer (11/20/17 10:55 AM)

#2023679 - 11/20/17 11:33 AM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

I can save the hassle of going to the link. Here is the meat and potatoes of it:

3. David Beaty, Kansas – On Saturday Oklahoma blasted Kansas by the score of 41 – 3 in Kansas head coach David Beaty’s 35 th game at KU which now leaves Beaty’s records at Kansas…

Overall: 3 – 32

Big 12: 1 – 25

…with a game at Oklahoma State left on the schedule and anyone on Earth that thinks Kansas Football will be better in Beaty’s FOURTH year on the job in 2018 that is a person that needs to…

Check Into The Closest Mental Institution

….wherever they are on the Earth!

This past week an assistant coach in the Big 12 texted a member of Coaches Hot Seat the following:

“Everyone Big 12 hoping KU keeps DB least 1 more year because it’s only sure win on sked right now if Rhule gets things going at Baylor”

Yes…there are some Damn Morons in Lawrence, Kansas that should be fired tonight!

Between Beatys hot seat ranking, turnover ranking, turnover margin ranking, worst P5 team on the planet ranking and his teams pre-game embaressments, he is rapidly moving up the ranks as literally the WORST COACH IN DI EVER. So cmon Jayhawk fans get together and show your pride.

Edited by Jman1 (11/20/17 11:39 AM)

#2023680 - 11/20/17 11:33 AM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"Earned it"

#2023681 - 11/20/17 11:40 AM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"Kansas’ David Beaty (3-27, third year)

Current 2017 record: 1-5
Projected 2017 wins: 1.7
Odds of 1-11: 46%

He was a reach of a hire to begin with — his biggest draw was being a successful recruiter at Texas A&M, but that was never going to translate to Kansas very well — and he’s on pace to finish with an average record of 1-11 each year. He’s gone."

Source: SBNATION

#2023690 - 11/20/17 01:19 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Girod and Zenger might be ignoring Beaty's poor performance as head coach but it is being recognized nationally on coaching hot seat lists.

On Coacheshotseat.com Beaty ranks #3 behind only Bielema at Arkansas #2 and Riley at Nebraska #1.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com

The Atlanta Journal Constitution ranks Beaty at #6 on their hot seat list. Bailiff at Rice is #5, Sumlin at AM #4, Fedora at NC #3, Riley at Neb #2, Bielema at Ark #1.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/colleg...Gkoo63aWT3l3IL/
I don't think Girod or even Zenger are ignoring anything.

Girod is a highly competent man with a ton of prior successful experience to prove it IMHO.

2018 is definitely put up or shut up time for coach Beaty and Zenger. Both will be on the hot seat next year.

Neither is right now though IMO as most of the big money donors and others with influence are still willing to give coach Beaty next year. From some of what I've heard, I believe some even still believe in coach Beaty and what he's doing and hence they want him to get another year at least.

That's based on what I've heard and some of what I know for sure about some of the big money people. Who knows, maybe some will change their minds before next season, but it doesn't seem like it right now.

OK now that I've relayed what little I know about what's going on...3...2....1....let the attacks and meltdown begin!

#2023692 - 11/20/17 01:29 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I thought the attacks and meltdowns were supposed to be on Zenger/Beaty. I never attack a messenger of information like kman. But Girod risks getting the blood on his shoes if he doesn't do it quick. Like in a week.

#2023695 - 11/20/17 01:36 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
If Beaty gets a 4th year you can assume he will get a 5th, since improvement on this year's fiasco is inevitable no matter who the HC is.

If you're going to make a change, it can't be in two years. Negotiations to break up the big 12 will dominate the early 2020s.

#2023696 - 11/20/17 01:37 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess you haven't been paying close attention these past couple of weeks. Several posters have gone after me for relaying similar things.

I don't really get it, but I think they've seen me as somehow endorsing what's going on or somehow voicing my personal opinion by relaying what I know.

#2023699 - 11/20/17 01:57 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Girod needs to fire Zenger after signing day for recruits and then hire a competent AD. Then the new AD should identify a new head coach and negotiate to hire him ASAP following the same playbook that Washington State AD Bill Moos used to hire Mike Leach. That is the efficient way to handle this situation and not completely lose this recruiting class. Unfortunately I believe Girod lacks the decisive leadership necessary to execute those changes. Beaty is not a good head football coach and will never be the solution to turn around KU football.

Edited by pizzanbeer (11/20/17 02:00 PM)

#2023700 - 11/20/17 02:10 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: casey
If Beaty gets a 4th year you can assume he will get a 5th, since improvement on this year's fiasco is inevitable no matter who the HC is.
That's acually a good point.

Next year we should be better no matter who the coach is, and yes even if coach Beaty is still our HC like he will be, for a variety of reasons.

First the team will be more experienced with a decent amount of experienced Juniors and Seniors for the first time in years. Players, even poorly coached ones with decent talent (which most of these guys have despite what many may think) and experience naturally play better than they did when they were underclassmen. This happens on every team no matter how good or bad.

Second we'll have more talent on the 2 deep than we've had in years. More talent with more experience almost always equals better play. Talent alone can cover up more mistakes and even some poor coaching.

Third, I think we've got a really good S&C coach who will have his first full off-season with the team and that can help out a lot in physical development and team attitude as he's more or less the HC of the team from the end of spring ball to the beginning of fall practice.

The question will be (for those in charge) will that improvement be almost all because of those 3 things or will it be because coach Beaty's "prrocess" is finally coming to some fruition? Or what percent of those 2 dynamics(the HC's leadership versus the 3 things I listed) will it be in the minds of those in charge and with influence.

We very well could be noticeably better next year and even be close to being bowl eligible and coach Beaty could be a bad HC at the same time. Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

The questions will be, will the people with influence and in charge be satisfied enough with that to give coach Beaty a 5th year? Would that quell the total revolt by fans right now? Would people believe it's because of coach Beaty or just the natural progression of player development or a combination of both? If the answer to any or all of those questions is yes, it's highly likely coach Beaty would get a 5th year IMHO. If not, he's most likely gone at the end of the 2018 season.

One could also argue this year was a perfect storm of bad luck. From key cogs getting kicked off the team right before the season started to other expected key contributors getting season ending injuries before or right at the beginning of the season combined with a still very green and scholarship deficient roster contributing to us having a much worse season than anyone expected. That could all be true and coach Beaty could still be a bad HC too. Again, these aren't mutually exclusive things but this line of thinking could be reason why some of the bigger money donors still believe in coach Beaty.

Then again, we could come out flat and stink it up from the get go again making all of these questions moot. LOL

#2023701 - 11/20/17 02:12 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Unfortunately I believe Girod lacks the decisive leadership necessary to execute those changes.
What do you base this opinion off of? Just curious.

#2023702 - 11/20/17 02:14 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: Kman_blue]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: casey
That's acually a good point.

Next year we should be better no matter who the coach is, and yes even if coach Beaty is still our HC like he will be, for a variety of reasons.

First the team will be more experienced with a decent amount of experienced Juniors and Seniors for the first time in years. Players, even poorly coached ones with decent talent (which most of these guys have despite what many may think) and experience naturally play better than they did when they were underclassmen. This happens on every team no matter how good or bad.

Second we'll have more talent on the 2 deep than we've had in years. More talent with more experience almost always equals better play. Talent alone can cover up more mistakes and even some poor coaching.

Third, I think we've got a really good S&C coach who will have his first full off-season with the team and that can help out a lot in physical development and team attitude as he's more or less the HC of the team from the end of spring ball to the beginning of fall practice.

The question will be (for those in charge) will that improvement be almost all because of those 3 things or will it be because coach Beaty's "prrocess" is finally coming to some fruition? Or what percent of those 2 dynamics(the HC's leadership versus the 3 things I listed) will it be in the minds of those in charge and with influence.

We very well could be noticeably better next year and even be close to being bowl eligible and coach Beaty could be a bad HC at the same time. Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

The questions will be, will the people with influence and in charge be satisfied enough with that to give coach Beaty a 5th year? Would that quell the total revolt by fans right now? Would people believe it's because of coach Beaty or just the natural progression of player development or a combination of both? If the answer to any or all of those questions is yes, it's highly likely coach Beaty would get a 5th year IMHO. If not, he's most likely gone at the end of the 2018 season.

One could also argue this year was a perfect storm of bad luck. From key cogs getting kicked off the team right before the season started to other expected key contributors getting season ending injuries before or right at the beginning of the season combined with a still very green and scholarship deficient roster contributing to us having a much worse season than anyone expected. That could all be true and coach Beaty could still be a bad HC too. Again, these aren't mutually exclusive things but this line of thinking could be reason why some of the bigger money donors still believe in coach Beaty.

Then again, we could come out flat and stink it up from the get go again making all of these questions moot. LOL

Great post Kman.

#2023704 - 11/20/17 02:35 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Unfortunately I believe Girod lacks the decisive leadership necessary to execute those changes.

I base it on the public statement of support that Girod made for Zenger and Beaty. If Girod was going to fire them after this season then he would not have made such a definite statement of support. Keeping Zenger after the failures of Weis and Beaty shows a crystal clear lack of decisive leadership.

#2023706 - 11/20/17 02:43 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Another scenario is that staff and players make a high rate of attrition again as we are not projected to win much again in 2018.

#2023721 - 11/20/17 04:22 PM Re: Coaching Hot Seat [Re: pizzanbeer]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS

I base it on the public statement of support that Girod made for Zenger and Beaty. If Girod was going to fire them after this season then he would not have made such a definite statement of support. Keeping Zenger after the failures of Weis and Beaty shows a crystal clear lack of decisive leadership.

I don't really care for Girod's remark either, but he may be doing what's best for the program today. He could be doing that to help recruiting and he could be playing politics with donors and alumni on the fence about Zenger and Beaty. But I will remind some in here that people were pretty high on Zenger, and then he went and got Chuckles and because some of those same donors wanted him. That being said, it may not be a good signal that we lack a good football coach and Zenger helped push Beaty on through to the top of the list. Many on this board were very excited about Beaty. I don't think it matters now 3 years or 4 years, if Beaty is going to go, just rip the Band-Aid off. Nobody will notice. We can't literally fill half the old stadium, let alone the new stadium they are trying to build. I'd rather see us put some money into a good hire and a sustainable program than getting a nice empty stadium. But... whatever. Beaty, no Beaty. I don't have any confidence in our new chancellor until I see him cut loose Zenger. Better do that before Zenger goes and hires Chuckles Jr. I heard he wanted to be a head coach at KU some day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview