Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023668 - 11/19/17 07:42 PM Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
It seems highly possible OSU covers this if Beaty sits the Poor Sportsmanship Three for a half or even a quarter.

#2023669 - 11/19/17 08:12 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
If Beaty throws them under the bus, wouldn’t surprise me. He is a ...fill in the blank.

Particularly unqualified to turn this program around IMO.

#2023677 - 11/20/17 11:16 AM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Guarantee you that OSU will achieve a lead well above 40 points over KU. Question is how much they will allow to happen during junk time.

Kansas is your day off opponent. Which I'm sure everyone appreciates in this conference.

I attended the Texas game. You could see it in the body language of the Longhorn players. They would get serious again after allowing KU to score, score some more points of their own, and disengage. There was never the slightest distant hint of a competitive game being played. This was their day off.

It's hard to predict final scores for such games.

#2023686 - 11/20/17 12:31 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: casey
It seems highly possible OSU covers this if Beaty sits the Poor Sportsmanship Three for a half or even a quarter.

Casey, I don't think if Beaty started the entire Alabama defense we would win the game. Now as far as the point spread goes, OSU will cover the 40 at home. This team is a figurative and literal mess in all aspects.

#2023689 - 11/20/17 01:07 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
The only thing that would give me pause about this spread is how poorly OSU's D has been playing of late. Their season stats may be OK, but from what I've seen of their games the past 3 weeks their D has been bad a lot of times. Quite a bit worse than our D over the same stretch of time IMO.

Our O though will probably make their D look like nothing but first team All-conference guys as our OL is still a mess much of the time and our remaining WR's can't make a contested catch outside of Sims.

Their O is almost as good as OU's O and that combined with our O's extremely poor performance will probably wear our D down enough to allow them to score plenty.

Biggest question to me is can our O muster up enough of some of what they did against Texas to put up some points and take some pressure and wear and tear off our D. If so, then we beat the spread. If not the spread is about right.

#2023724 - 11/20/17 04:34 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
The only thing that would give me pause about this spread is how poorly OSU's D has been playing of late. Their season stats may be OK, but from what I've seen of their games the past 3 weeks their D has been bad a lot of times. Quite a bit worse than our D over the same stretch of time IMO.

Our O though will probably make their D look like nothing but first team All-american guys as our OL is still at high school much of the time and our slow, sloppy WR's can't make a catch.

Their O is almost as good as OU's O and that combined with our O's extremely poor, undisciplined and powder puff performance will wear our D down enough to allow them to score 70.

Biggest question to me is can our O muster up enough of some of what they did against TCU to put up more than 21 total yards and take some pressure and wear and tear off their D. If so, then we come within 20 to beat the spread. If not the spread should be about 75.

FYP Kman

#2023738 - 11/20/17 09:24 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: Jman1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Good grief! LOL

#2023851 - 11/24/17 10:16 AM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
We're now the Raiders of D1. Don't win, just send goons in to hurt their QB, and flip off their fans. If we can't win, we might as well be the biggest assholes in D1 football.

Best part is, we change unit every game so no one will recognize us.

#2023863 - 11/24/17 08:06 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Current consensus is Mullets -41.

That means the majority of public investment so far has been on OSU topping the ludicrous 40 point opening spread.

This is amazing, I've never seen Vegas hate a team this much.

#2023866 - 11/24/17 09:26 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Wife & I are each having Bloody Mary and breakfast burrito at our favorite restaurant at the regional airport and will settle in at home to watch our alma mater beat the f hell out of OSU.

#2023869 - 11/24/17 10:37 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who plays Oregon State Saturday?

#2023879 - 11/25/17 07:44 AM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Who plays Oregon State Saturday?

On ESPN2, 5 pm, Sat (Mtn time), playing the Ducks. 1-10 (sound familiar?) OSU is searching out their next coach as we post (talk about Beau Baldwin, Cal OC). Oregon is only 6-5, but here at Kansas we would elect that coach as next Governor!!

Edited by KUCO_VOC (11/25/17 07:49 AM)

#2023883 - 11/25/17 09:52 AM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Stillwater, Okla. — Trailing by 25 points at halftime and looking for a spark to give them hope of crawling back into the game, in what turned out to be a 58-10 loss at Oklahoma State, Kansas started the second half with a surprise onside kick that resulted in two penalties — one for kicking the ball out of bounds and the other for sideline interference.
KU coach David Beaty said the onside kick attempt was something KU drew up in the locker room and he was upset it didn't work.

A 3 stooges highlight replay from the last game in Stoolwater...

#2023893 - 11/25/17 12:25 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: casey]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

But did we shake hands and sing Kumbyah with hot cocoa before kickoff?

#2023898 - 11/25/17 02:19 PM Re: Kansas +40 at Oklahoma State [Re: KUHawkhead]
casey Offline
hello

OSU pulls the offensive seniors early in 4Q, to the horror of those who took OSU -40.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview