Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023481 - 11/15/17 09:53 PM 2 games in
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Too early to tell what this team will be, but I liked that they showed some fight.

Wish all of our perimeter players would learn something called a mid-range jumper. Drive hard and pull up. Vick did it once and Svi pulled up for a nice floater. They seem to think if it's not a 3 it has to be at the rim.

I thought they played pretty solid defense for this early in the season. A lot of switching and keeping their man in front of them.

Was pleased with the Buick. He is ahead of schedule to my notion (considering his age) and progressing nicely. Would like to see Preston get the opportunity to polish his game.

Would like to see Vick be a little more assertive on offense. He seems to be able to get his own shot when it occurs to him.

Newman and Graham are both better than we saw last night - offensively at least. Malik did have 8 boards. Really like that Garrett is letting them game come to him.

I have been a critic of Svi but he really stepped it up on both ends. We lose without him.

#2023482 - 11/15/17 10:11 PM Re: 2 games in [Re: AlOerter]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

As a whole, we didn't have a very good game. However, there were several good aspects to it. We won, against a pretty good team. Both teams are in the process of developing. Our shooters were off, that is partly because they weren't looking at good shot selections. We failed to get it inside to doke like we should. We were really short handed without Preston. Get a life guys, he's still a kid and has a lot to learn. Hopefully he is learning some lessons. He's going to be really needed. Like Self indicated, it was a grind it out game and we did. We are going to play a whole lot better in the days to come. We are a much better team than we showed against UK. We'll have an extra body, a good body, come 2nd semester. We won. Oh, and we have a really, really good coach. I'm really excited about this year! At the same time, after today's announcement, I'm also having trouble not looking ahead to next year. Life is good for Jayhawk basketball fans.

#2023490 - 11/16/17 07:22 AM Re: 2 games in [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I love winning ugly. Way better than losing ugly.

That second half at the champions classic was so beautifully ugly. We chuckled while watching multiple times. The bumbling and fumbling by both teams on such a big stage was fun to see in mid November.

Preview