Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023405 - 11/14/17 03:53 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor * [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
Prior to Girods statement I was 99% sure that there would be no changes but after Girod succumbed to the pressure from the UKD, local Media, an empty stadium, and national ridicule over the state of KU football. enough pressure that he felt the need to issue a statement. I still do not think the will be anyone fired but I see at least some hope that Zenger will be asked to "RESIGN" w/full severence pkg or a new position at the WEF if the pressure continues

though this could just be wishful thinking from a tired old football fan
At least you aren't being called bitter and disgruntled for voicing an opinion on how awful the coaching is at 3-33. Just consider the source however.

I think BITTER and DISGRUNTLED about the condition and the current leadership of the football program describes me pretty well. unlike most on this board you won't find my post on the BB side I am a Football fan, I don't like basketball so I don't have that built in escape every year after a season of pure unadulterated futility

#2023406 - 11/14/17 04:01 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Keep the fires going. The villagers are about to storm the castle to kill off Frankenstein!!

#2023407 - 11/14/17 04:07 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/throughthephog.com/2017/11/14/39120/amp/

" I don’t think the University Chancellor needed to make a statement.  He needed to take action."

#2023409 - 11/14/17 04:20 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: jhawkblue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Prior to Girods statement I was 99% sure that there would be no changes but after Girod succumbed to the pressure from the UKD, local Media, an empty stadium, and national ridicule over the state of KU football. enough pressure that he felt the need to issue a statement. I still do not think the will be anyone fired but I see at least some hope that Zenger will be asked to "RESIGN" w/full severence pkg or a new position at the WEF if the pressure continues

At least you aren't being called bitter and disgruntled for voicing an opinion on how awful the coaching is at 3-33. Just consider the source however.

I think BITTER and DISGRUNTLED about the condition and the current leadership of the football program describes me pretty well. unlike most on this board you won't find my post on the BB side I am a Football fan, I don't like basketball so I don't have that built in escape every year after a season of pure unadulterated futility

I am more disillusioned by it all...I am past the angry stage..weis made me angry because he was a worthless tit.....Beaty is trying his ass off as his entire staff...they just don't seem to know which buttons to push....but I still hold out hope they will find the right button.
. There is no reason in the world why KU should suck so bad at football for so many years. I love the BBAll program but it has taken a back seat for me to the football program for the simple reason it's healthy and doesn't need my support. Football needs all of our attention and like it or not football is what drives the bus in college sports.

#2023410 - 11/14/17 04:21 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I truly believe Girod blindsided both Zenger & Beaty by responding to the growing dissent publically being voiced. New guy needs some proof of improvement and it’s not there!

#2023411 - 11/14/17 04:22 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

BITTER...(of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment. Sounds about right. You are such an idiot,kuco

#2023412 - 11/14/17 04:27 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

We need to lose the Weis excuse at this point in Beaty’s era. He recruited these players and can’t coach em up. His on field decisions are bizarre. With his weakest unit on the field, he on sides kick. Really? His choice but now the ball is in our court and he gets to second guess his coaching.

#2023413 - 11/14/17 04:29 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Track calling me an idiot is a badge of honor. Earned it !!
“I’m past angry” says track. But attacks me.
We need to understand that a new regime is needed to have any kind of hope for Kansas football. I don’t accept futility...

#2023414 - 11/14/17 04:43 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: track]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: track
Beaty is trying his ass off as his entire staff...they just don't seem to know which buttons to push....

I'll tell you 1 button you don't push, starting the game with an onside kick. Any competent football coach would tell you that though.

#2023415 - 11/14/17 04:50 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

There are several high school coaches who read these posts, and they have been silent on that weird call of onsides to start the last game.

#2023416 - 11/14/17 04:51 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: pizzanbeer]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Originally Posted By: track
Beaty is trying his ass off as his entire staff...they just don't seem to know which buttons to push....

I'll tell you 1 button you don't push, starting the game with an onside kick. Any competent football coach would tell you that though.

You don’t need to even be competent to know that. .. even an idiot like kuco knows that

#2023417 - 11/14/17 04:53 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: KUCO_VOC]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
"I don’t believe Booth threw his body in front of the runaway freight train of momentum in favor of the firings of Sheahon Zenger and David Beaty. I believe that he doesn’t think his generosity qualifies him to make those calls. He knows what he knows and doesn’t claim to know it all. It’s refreshing, even if in this case it contributes to a painful result." So, Casey, no on the donation being tied to Zenger in any way.

Keegan is protecting a relationship there. We'll see if Booth's gift comes with no strings.

#2023418 - 11/14/17 05:18 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]

#2023419 - 11/14/17 05:45 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Harbaugh was never coming to Kansas.

#2023420 - 11/14/17 05:58 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: casey
Harbaugh was never coming to Kansas.
A lot of people say his KC family was the bigger draw. But obviously you know it all.

Your sources?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview