Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023378 - 11/14/17 06:39 AM Re: Statement from the Chancellor * [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Who exactly is going to fire him?
Figuratively, the sports editorial department of the UDK has reduced him to "dead man walking" status.

#2023383 - 11/14/17 09:49 AM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: jhawkblue]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
http://m.kusports.com/news/2017/nov/13/t...emplates=mobile

Keegan's first attempt to keep up the pressure

Excellent article. But I really wonder if there’s a meaningful audience anymore.

#2023386 - 11/14/17 11:06 AM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Kirk]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Originally Posted By: Kirk

Excellent article. But I really wonder if there’s a meaningful audience anymore.

Girod's bizarre email reads like a North Korean hostage's courtroom confession.

You can't tell me you don't find this fascinating.

#2023387 - 11/14/17 11:14 AM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: casey
Originally Posted By: Kirk

Girod's bizarre email reads like a North Korean hostage's courtroom confession.

You can't tell me you don't find this fascinating.
HARD TO KNOW ABOUT DOUBLE NEGATIVES SOMETIMES.

#2023393 - 11/14/17 02:26 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

http://m.kusports.com/news/2017/nov/14/tom-keegan-beaty-and-zenger-prove-leo-durocher-sti/

" It’s impossible, really, to explain how an AD who has hired football coaches — Charlie Weis, interim Clint Bowen and Beaty — who have combined for a 5-59 record vs. FBS competition (Beaty has gone 1-30 vs. FBS programs) have earned it.

But it’s easier to see why donors didn’t demand they be replaced. Beaty and Zenger are nice guys. Donors like them. Times have changed since Leo Durocher famously said, “Nice guys finish last!”

Nice guys still finish last, but at KU they get to keep their jobs. "

#2023394 - 11/14/17 02:36 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"I don’t believe Booth threw his body in front of the runaway freight train of momentum in favor of the firings of Sheahon Zenger and David Beaty. I believe that he doesn’t think his generosity qualifies him to make those calls. He knows what he knows and doesn’t claim to know it all. It’s refreshing, even if in this case it contributes to a painful result." So, Casey, no on the donation being tied to Zenger in any way.

#2023395 - 11/14/17 02:46 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Figuratively, the sports editorial department of the UDK has reduced him to "dead man walking" status.
Doesn't matter what they think because nothing is going to happen for quite some while.

#2023396 - 11/14/17 03:01 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Doesn't matter what they think because nothing is going to happen for quite some while.
It forced the hand of the chancellor to have to give the doomed "vote of confidence" statement. It is a process as Beaty likes to say.

#2023398 - 11/14/17 03:08 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: KUCO_VOC]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I think Girod's plan is to fire Zenger and Beaty after the new indoor practice facility is built. He wants to have better facilities available to attract a better coach. He also probably feels it's reasonable to give Beaty 4 seasons for a turn around after how bad Weis cratered the program.

Edited by pizzanbeer (11/14/17 03:09 PM)

#2023399 - 11/14/17 03:10 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
I think Girod's plan is to fire Zenger and Beaty after the new indoor practice facility is built. He wants to have better facilities available to attract a better coach. He also probably feels it's reasonable to give Beaty 4 seasons for a turn around after how bad Weis cratered the program.
I hope that is true but I'm not banking on it.

#2023400 - 11/14/17 03:27 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Three full is all Beaty deserves, and in two more games, Zenger is out first. Beaty has no clue what he needs to do next, so he does nothing regarding game plans. Onside kick to start the last game was a perfect example of his shallow thinking on how to win. He relied upon a miracle. Pathetic.
Even long time posters here, and you know who we are talking about, are unusually silent.

#2023401 - 11/14/17 03:32 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: pizzanbeer]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas

No doubt a full scholarship team with a new dorm and new practice facility combined with being well along the way in raising money for the stadium will be far more attractive than the mess now. There is always the possibility too that the team starts to click at some point and they actually get a few wins...though clearly no one on this board of disgruntled bitter fans would consider that even a remote possibility.

#2023402 - 11/14/17 03:37 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: Hot_Toddy]

Prior to Girods statement I was 99% sure that there would be no changes but after Girod succumbed to the pressure from the UKD, local Media, an empty stadium, and national ridicule over the state of KU football. enough pressure that he felt the need to issue a statement. I still do not think the will be anyone fired but I see at least some hope that Zenger will be asked to "RESIGN" w/full severence pkg or a new position at the WEF if the pressure continues

though this could just be wishful thinking from a tired old football fan

#2023403 - 11/14/17 03:40 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: track]

Originally Posted By: track

No doubt a full scholarship team with a new dorm and new practice facility combined with being well along the way in raising money for the stadium will be far more attractive than the mess now. There is always the possibility too that the team starts to click at some point and they actually get a few wins...though clearly no one on this board of disgruntled bitter fans would consider that even a remote possibility.

based on the last 3 years with this staff, I think that is a very remote possibility

#2023404 - 11/14/17 03:41 PM Re: Statement from the Chancellor [Re: jhawkblue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Prior to Girods statement I was 99% sure that there would be no changes but after Girod succumbed to the pressure from the UKD, local Media, an empty stadium, and national ridicule over the state of KU football. enough pressure that he felt the need to issue a statement. I still do not think the will be anyone fired but I see at least some hope that Zenger will be asked to "RESIGN" w/full severence pkg or a new position at the WEF if the pressure continues

though this could just be wishful thinking from a tired old football fan
At least you aren't being called bitter and disgruntled for voicing an opinion on how awful the coaching is at 3-33. Just consider the source however.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview