Page 78 of 80 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023166 - 11/10/17 10:06 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
If you want to believe we no longer are about Jucos,
No longer? How many Jucos are committed right now and how many are ultimately signing for 2018?
I can start to see you jumping right back on a unicorn
I'm still a KU football fan..What are you?
Beaty both tells us that the transfers and Jucos situation can't be a big element of his turn around at Kansas but continues to offer just that as his plan falls apart to increase mainly 4 year players to the 85 limit. His next QB offered is another JUCO. Can't have it both ways there. Yes on JUCOs or no?

What do YOU think I am? Let's hear it...

Edited by KUCO_VOC (11/10/17 10:07 AM)

#2023176 - 11/10/17 01:39 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
This thread is about the 2018 class(it's even in the title no less) and that's what my comments were and are about. I'll see how it (the 2018 class) shakes out in terms of number of JUCOs before rendering an opinion about it.

Specifically about our QB situation, seems to me the offer to the JUCO QB is more a testament to what the coaches ultimately think of our current QB's or perhaps a philosophy shift in what kind of offense they want to run next year. He looks like a solid offer to me.

Also, I know what you are. I asked you to tell us what you are, as I wanted to read it in your own words.

Edited by Kman_blue (11/10/17 02:37 PM)

#2023177 - 11/10/17 01:39 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Every team needs help from transfers and Juco's. Even the Big 12's top 2 teams OU and OSU uses them. Argument stops here with OU's (maybe best in the country) QB Mayfield is a transfer. I'm sure in your own mind you will find an argument against that.

#2023179 - 11/10/17 02:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

This thread is about the 2018 class(it's even in the title no less) and that's what my comments were and are about. I'll see how it (the 2018 class) shakes out in terms of number of JUCOs before rendering an opinion about it.

Specifically about our QB situation, seems to me the offer to the JUCO QB is more a testament to what the coaches ultimately think of our current QB's or perhaps a philosophy shift in what kind of offense they want to run next year. He looks like a solid offer to me.

Also, I know what you are. I asked you what to tell us what you are, as I wanted to read it in your own words.
Since you asked nicely "you what to tell us what you are". I am an Aries on the cusp. Born in Lawrence and went under grad at Kansas. I enjoyed watching David Jaynes, John Riggins (and his brother), Bobby Douglas, Laverne Smith early in my youth. Have been a long suffering football fan for Kansas. Favorite coach wasn't Mangino but was Pepper. Familiar with the Hadl family throughout my life. Not that you care or should care, but you did ask how I came to be a Kansas football fan...

#2023180 - 11/10/17 02:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
Every team needs help from transfers and Juco's. Even the Big 12's top 2 teams OU and OSU uses them. Argument stops here with OU's (maybe best in the country) QB Mayfield is a transfer. I'm sure in your own mind you will find an argument against that.
I don't consider my views pessimistic but rather realistic. If we give Beaty (3 wins in three seasons, 1 relevant one) a fourth and fifth season, it will be mind-blowingly bad record wise.

#2023183 - 11/10/17 02:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I don't consider my views pessimistic but rather realistic. If we give Beaty (3 wins in three seasons, 1 relevant one) a fourth and fifth season, it will be mind-blowingly bad record wise.

The record is mind blowingly bad but then so was the condition of the program he inherited.

#2023185 - 11/10/17 02:36 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Since you asked nicely "you what to tell us what you are". I am an Aries on the cusp. Born in Lawrence and went under grad at Kansas. I enjoyed watching David Jaynes, John Riggins (and his brother), Bobby Douglas, Laverne Smith early in my youth. Have been a long suffering football fan for Kansas. Favorite coach wasn't Mangino but was Pepper. Familiar with the Hadl family throughout my life. Not that you care or should care, but you did ask how I came to be a Kansas football fan...
Some stupid auto-correct thing kicked in to double paste what I had typed. I try to catch that before I hit "Submit".

OK, what did you like so much about Pepper Rodgers? I believe he's living in the Reston, VA area with his TV actress 2nd wife now just for note.

What does "familiar with" mean? Lived down the block? Family friends? In the same class as 1 of them or ?

#2023190 - 11/10/17 04:46 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Totally AOK on autocorrect but couldn’t resist a cheap shout.

Pepper Rodgers had personality, could walk the talk. Beaty? All hat, no cattle. His player evaluation really stinks. See QB.

Actually my future wife was friends with both John and his ex. And I have had interactions with him later in life after my future wife and I married...thru University events.

#2023316 - 11/12/17 02:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
Wilt Chamberlain

Yep, every single school in the country takes some JUCOs every class, including Alabama as well as OU as Bigdogjac points out.

In KU's case, averaging 7 per class is a bit too many for my taste, but it's not an outrageous number either. I'd prefer i to be closer to 5 or less per year.

It should also be pointed out that not all JUCO's are the same. 2x2 summer arrivals aren't the same as 2x2 mid-year guys, who aren't the same as 3x3 and 4x3 guys. They have differing impacts on the roster numbers and development.

KU has taken several 3x3 and 4x3 JUCO recruits over the past 3 classes and I'm a lot more comfortable with them as they're kind of like HS recruits who've had 1 year's worth of film playing against a higher level competition to evaluate off of.

#2023317 - 11/12/17 02:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Totally AOK on autocorrect but couldn’t resist a cheap shout.

Pepper Rodgers had personality, could walk the talk. Beaty? All hat, no cattle. His player evaluation really stinks. See QB.

Actually my future wife was friends with both John and his ex. And I have had interactions with him later in life after my future wife and I married...thru University events.
You just can't help yourself can you? Have to drag coach Beaty into a question about Pepper Rodgers even. I bet if someone asked you for the time of day, you'd manage to insert some criticism of coach Beaty in the answer.

Rodgers was definitely a big personality. Quite the character. I know that much from stories and anecdotes I've heard over the years as Rodgers was well before my birth.

Interesting about knowing Hadl and his ex socially,

#2023323 - 11/12/17 06:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I'm not happy about someone (Beaty) telling KU (Zenger) they can turn around football and actually commit such a lie into $$$$.

Not a high point right now for my Kansas football program. Beaty, move along now.

#2023327 - 11/12/17 09:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

What is the time of day? Well, I’m out of time and so is Beaty out of time to learn how to be a HC. There, all better?

Edit: Even a HS HC has his team captains in Texas shaking the hand of the future possible Heisman winner. Disgraceful and disappointing. Not the right thing to do dude, lets explain that to Jimmie and Jo's mom and dad while recruiting for 2018...

Edited by KUCO_VOC (11/19/17 08:30 AM)

#2023713 - 11/20/17 03:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

KU composite team recruiting rankings 2018 for 247 site is at 84th currently. Not a good sign for future Beaty classes. Still holding 10 commits.

#2023744 - 11/20/17 10:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

We'll see where it lands when it's all said and done. The next few weeks, especially the 2nd weekend of December, are going to be huge in where it lands.

Some big time prospects coming for official visits and a couple that may shock and surprise even the most optimistic KU fans. Doesn't mean they're all going to commit, but them coming for an official visit is a good sign.

Also, quite a few solid guys they're in on still. We'll probably have about 20 total when it's all said and done.

Unlike a month or 2 ago, I'm starting to hear a lot more activity on potential recruits who have real interest in KU still. Gives me a little more hope for a solid class than I had back in late September.

Also, I thought you didn't check the recruiting class rankings? I bet you've got it set up to get a notice on your phone whenever it changes just so you can keep making posts like this whenever it goes down.

#2023756 - 11/21/17 08:14 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

...Also, I thought you didn't check the recruiting class rankings? I bet you've got it set up to get a notice on your phone whenever it changes just so you can keep making posts like this whenever it goes down.
I wouldn't bother doing that, even if I was that technically proficient. It is a linear descent for Beaty's recruiting. You are a ray of sunshine (for Beaty) on a cloudy day kman.

Edited by KUCO_VOC (11/21/17 09:22 PM)

Page 78 of 80 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 >

Preview