Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023218 - 11/11/17 10:17 AM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: Tetonhawk]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk
He is not a HS coach and has turned some slow lumbering men into a unit. Not good but better and that comes from coaching. Who the heck would you hire? Id like to know your list.

Well, I would prolly start right off the get go and try to McEwlain. Though he would need a really good OC to come with him. Chad Morris at SMU would be high on the list. I would have said Bill Clark at UAB, but since he has that squad BOWL ELIGIBLE after UAB had not played a game in 2 YEARS in just the first year back, but UAB loccked him up down there with a 5 year contract extension. Todd Monkin at Southern Miss--5-4 this year with 2 of the losses being competitive losses v. SEC teams, and the other 2 losses to teams with winning records. Chances are pretty good that Butch Jones and/or Kevin will be available in the very near future. Scott Frost but he would never go to KU, and he is destined for NU. And as DoolinDalton mentioned, Neal Brown.

Those are just a few off the top of my head; those are real, true to life PROVEN WINNING HEAD COACHES

But the best get IMO, if the stooges at KU could actually rub their thumbs together, would probably be Mark D'Onofrio the UH D Coordinator.

• Mark D'Onofrio joined the Houston Football program as its defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach on Jan. 6, 2017 following five seasons as defensive coordinator at Miami.

• Has 14 defensive players from his tenure with Miami currently in the NFL, seven of which were drafted under his watch.

• His 2015 defense at Miami ranked third in the ACC with 25 turnovers gained.

• Linebacker Denzel Perryman was a Dick Butkus Award semifinalist in 2013 and 2014. Perryman was the first Hurricane player since 2007 to earn AP All-America honors.

• Miami’s 2014 defense was fourth in the ACC in total defense, holding nine opponents below 250 yards passing and five teams to less than 100 yards rushing.

• His 2013 defense was among the nation’s best in takeaways, finishing the year with 27.

• Miami’s 2011 defense finished the season ninth in the nation in red zone defense and 21st in scoring defense.

• Prior to Miami, D'Onofrio spent five years at Temple as assistant head coach and defensive coordinator.

• At Temple, he transformed a defense ranked last in the NCAA upon his arrival to 17th in 2010.

• Helped Temple become bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons for the first time in program history.

• Developed 2011 NFL Draft first-round pick and 2015 Pro Bowler Muhammad Wilkerson along with NFL Draft second-round pick Jaiqwaun Jarrett. In all, three Owls were drafted during D’Onofrio’s tenure and five former players went on to play in the NFL.

• In addition, Temple won a single-season-record nine-consecutive games en route to a 9-4 overall record, a first-place tie in the MAC East and an appearance in the EagleBank Bowl in 2009. The 2010 Owls won eight games, finishing 8-4, and became bowl-eligible for the second-consecutive season and for the first time in school history. A school-record eight defensive players were named All-MAC, including five on the first team in 2009. Four student-athletes earned All-MAC honors in 2010. Sophomore Adrian Robinson earned 2009 MAC Defensive Player of the Year accolades and senior Andre Neblett became Temple’s first three-time All-MAC honoree.

• Spent two seasons at Virginia (2004-05). Tight ends/special teams coach in 2004 and inside linebackers/special teams coach in 2005.

• Helped develop NFL first round draft pick and two-time Pro Bowl tight end Heath Miller in 2004.

• Helped develop NFL Pro Bowl linebacker Ahmad Brooks in 2005.

• From 1988-91 D’Onofrio played at Penn State and served the Nittany Lions playing both inside and outside linebacker. He was elected team captain his senior year and was drafted in the second round (34th overall pick) of the 1992 NFL draft by the Green Bay Packers. He earned a starting role as the Packers’ inside linebacker where he played for two seasons before injury prematurely ended his professional career in 1994.

I'd say that's a pretty good initial Iist I put together in about 5 minutes time.

Edited by Jman1 (11/11/17 10:33 AM)

#2023315 - 11/12/17 01:58 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
My best guess is we lose by about 2 or 3 scores(10-21 points IMHO) if they start their backup.
Too bad I'm not a betting man else I could have won some money on this one.

It went down a little differently than I thought it would, but the end result was the same as I though it would be.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview