Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023222 - 11/11/17 12:31 PM Watching Georgia tech game
jayhawk1985 Offline
Phog Fanatic

This is the offense we need! We seem incapable of finding a QB and got lucky with Reesing. Bring Troy Calhoun and the option offense with him to KU next year and save us from further embarrassment. Please, football gods answer our prayers!

Its early in the game and it's quite possible after this post GT gets shut down but I am tired of an Air Raid offense that can't gain 200 yards through the air any given Saturday. Down with Zenger down with this coaching staff flush it all away.

#2023225 - 11/11/17 01:54 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jayhawk1985]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

The only problem with your opinion is that we have to have a QB to run it foremost, and an offensive line that can block. KU has neither and those 2 factors alone would result in disaster. Now if we went to more of a read option attack that wqould more feasible with the current talent level, but again blocking becomes a real obstacle both with the recievers and the O Line

But if you start making too much sense and the KU braintrust and administration see this you will be visited in the middle of the night for some "re-education" training.

#2023226 - 11/11/17 02:20 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jayhawk1985]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Actually run blocking for the option is far easier and requires less physical talent than what we are asking our o line to do now. the reason that all 3 service academies run the option is that they can get by without having 3-4 star 6'5" 300+ pound O-lineman it is more technique than physical talent

there are 4 FBS teams that run the option all 4 will should go to a bowl game (AF being the only questionable to become bowl eligible) and 3 of them have less talent than KU and do it without a redshirt year option

I do not think that KU will ever go the option route but getting a competant staff will have to happen eventually after beaty goes 4-44 after next year

#2023227 - 11/11/17 02:30 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jayhawk1985]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We need a coach who will adjust t.he offense to fit his players skill set. Not another DB. Your suggestion would set us back again. You want us to run an option offense with 3 RBs on the roster and 17 WRs. Stoopid

#2023229 - 11/11/17 02:32 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jayhawk1985]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You remind me of my HS FB coach. At our first game pep rally, he said "we are going to pass more this year, that's why we installed the wishbone offense."

#2023230 - 11/11/17 02:45 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: vmlb]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: vmlb
We need a coach who will adjust t.he offense to fit his players skill set. Not another DB. Your suggestion would set us back again. You want us to run an option offense with 3 RBs on the roster and 17 WRs. Stoopid

I didn't suggest anything I simply corrected a incorrect point made in a previous post but i clan also correct yours Yes we have 17 Wrs but nothing in their scholorship says they have to remain WR and there is little difference in catching a bubble screen and taking a pitch the objective is the same to get a ball carrier in the open field

#2023234 - 11/11/17 04:10 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jhawkblue]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
Actually run blocking for the option is far easier and requires less physical talent than what we are asking our o line to do now. the reason that all 3 service academies run the option is that they can get by without having 3-4 star 6'5" 300+ pound O-lineman it is more technique than physical talent

there are 4 FBS teams that run the option all 4 will should go to a bowl game (AF being the only questionable to become bowl eligible) and 3 of them have less talent than KU and do it without a redshirt year option

I do not think that KU will ever go the option route but getting a competant staff will have to happen eventually after beaty goes 4-44 after next year

I agree that the option block scheme is easier, but the ABILITY to BLOCK still has to be there. Have you ever seen ONE of our lineman hold a block for more than 1 second this year? Maybe I've seen 1.5 at BEST. These guys stink, and are particularly bad in pass protection. Not all their fault but its the truth.

On top of that if the defense is worst in the country and can't tackle in a phone booth, how are you gonna win a game? A GAME. ONE SINGLE GAME. We can't schedule the MVC every week unless we reclassify and the Fun Bunch up there would prolly go .500 in my estimation

Edited by Jman1 (11/11/17 04:14 PM)

#2023239 - 11/11/17 04:53 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: jayhawk1985]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
TCU is in a tie for first due to one thing and one thing only....they're the only team that plays defense. I say get a D, run a triple option that shortens games, and rests your D, and you would have a winning formula. Not sexy, not a scam Scare Fraud offense, but hell....just be competitive.

RCJHKU!

#2023240 - 11/11/17 05:03 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: KUHawkhead]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
TCU is in a tie for first due to one thing and one thing only....they're the only team that plays defense. I say get a D, run a triple option that shortens games, and rests your D, and you would have a winning formula. Not sexy, not a scam Scare Fraud offense, but hell....just be competitive.

RCJHKU!

Reference post on Mark D'onofrio. Defense wins chanpionships B*tches

#2023277 - 11/11/17 09:01 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

RCJHKU!

The defense that just gave up 38 pts. in the first half against OU. Is that the D you're bragging on?

#2023321 - 11/12/17 06:21 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: vmlb]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
To the best team. Yes, they gave it up, but we would've given up 76 if OU came out that gassed against us (they won't). Not impressive showing by TCU, but believe it or not...they have by far the best one in the conference.

My suggestion has merit. The Truckstop Ten wins by outscoring. If you could just get a good defense and RUN the ball, you would be successful in this conference.

RCJHKU!

#2023324 - 11/12/17 07:00 PM Re: Watching Georgia tech game [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
To the best team. Yes, they gave it up, but we would've given up 76 if OU came out that gassed against us (they won't). Not impressive showing by TCU, but believe it or not...they have by far the best one in the conference.

My suggestion has merit. The Truckstop Ten wins by outscoring. If you could just get a good defense and RUN the ball, you would be successful in this conference.

RCJHKU!
We may have to meet up in Buena Vista.

Preview