Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023158 - 11/10/17 07:36 AM Neal Brown profile
doolindalton Offline
Baby Jay

It's time to consider/debate who Beaty's successor will be. A lot of outstanding younger coaches out there ready to move up. One of these is Neal Brown at Troy State who has taken that school from a nothing program to one that beat LSU in Baton Rouge. Interesting read. Breaking News: Butch Jones fired at Tennessee. http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/col...rrie/730943001/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/29/16382818/neal-brown-troy-football-head-coach-lsu

Edited by doolindalton (11/13/17 07:12 AM)

#2023162 - 11/10/17 09:21 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
As much as I would love to see a new coach I have resigned myself to the fact Beaty will most likely be back, which will set the program back another year.

#2023172 - 11/10/17 12:10 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Not only will Beaty be back next year, it’s likely given the team will be heavily weighted with juniors and seniors with another year with the same coordinators, they will show significant improvement thus giving Beaty his 5 th year. By that time we should have a full scholarship team and be on the upswing....ready to take the next step either with a new coach or with a much more experienced Beaty.

Edited by track (11/10/17 12:13 PM)

#2023173 - 11/10/17 12:39 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Looks like you have your hip waders on today. If he makes it to five years completely (which I highly doubt) Beaty will be "much more experienced". At explaining why he can't coach'em up.

#2023174 - 11/10/17 12:40 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

60-0 Beaty Beatdown at Texas should convince you. He is a third year coach meeting up with a newbie on Saturday.

#2023175 - 11/10/17 12:54 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

It's weird how it works....get a couple of early season wins and players often gain the confidence to take the next step. Junior and senior dominated teams typically take a step forward as well. Coaches have a learning curve too. Whether one likes Beaty or not the odds are he and his staff get better next year....another off season to work on the "process" and the next if they get a fifth year.

#2023178 - 11/10/17 01:45 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
As it looks like Beaty will get at least one more year it would seem natural that loaded with Jr's and Sr's we should see a large improvement. If so, he should get one more year to see if things get better as our scholarship number improves.

#2023186 - 11/10/17 03:24 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

You are all delusional. I understand that improvement happens Junior and Senior year. At the same time we should be seeing some improvement. Instead the team is going backwards. Plus even though they are young they are getting more playing time than a lot of their peers around the league who have to wait until theire junior and senior year.

Coach Beaty says it is just a few little things. Well why are they not being corrected? To me it just sounds like Gill saying the team needs to execute better. It is groundhog day. These players are not being developed. Plus we talk about the need for stability, and yet Beaty goes through assistant coaches like most people go through underwear.

I just think next year if KU loses to Central Michigan, which I think there is a great chance of we the fans (and I mean all the fans, even the sunshine pumpers) we are going to be saying Beaty needs to go, and why did it not happen sooner.

He just doesn't have it. I don't see where he is earned it. I don't see an identity to this team. I don't see any direction to this team. You all that see progress and hope are just kidding yourselves.

#2023187 - 11/10/17 03:59 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Maybe it's you that is kidding yourself....not able to see that young players get better with experience as they approach their junior and senior years in college football.

#2023189 - 11/10/17 04:36 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
Maybe it's you that is kidding yourself....not able to see that young players get better with experience as they approach their junior and senior years in college football.
Getting beat 60-0 basically in the early years only reinforces the bad behaviors, sorry. I don’t see staff stability getting better, getting worse. See Keegan article about it.

#2023191 - 11/10/17 04:47 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

No I am pretty sure I am not. KU is going backwards. You would still see some improvement in the early years even if there were mistakes. KU's best players from last year are going backwards. Armstrong was picked defensive player of the year in the Big XII. He is just an average player this year. Mike Lee showed tons of promise, but here again he has regressed. Who is going to shine next year? Who has shown signs of progress?

#2023192 - 11/10/17 04:52 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Moose has it pegged. The improved new players this year are ?

#2023193 - 11/10/17 05:03 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Also who is going to be the quarterback? Are Bender or Stanley going to take a magic leap forward because the passage of time? What happened with Crist, Heaps and Cozart? It can't be a new quarterback because they will not have had enough time at KU. It can't be Starks. If he hasn't gotten on the field yet he never will.

Like I said you are delusional.

#2023194 - 11/10/17 05:35 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: moose1
Also who is going to be the quarterback? Are Bender or Stanley going to take a magic leap forward because the passage of time? What happened with Crist, Heaps and Cozart? It can't be a new quarterback because they will not have had enough time at KU. It can't be Starks. If he hasn't gotten on the field yet he never will.

Better protection and another year in the offense. Hell... Alex Smith is having his best year in year five with Andy Reid offense. Guys get better over time with experience and knowledge. The offensive line will be better giving QB more time to set feet and make good decisions

Edited by track (11/10/17 05:37 PM)

#2023195 - 11/10/17 05:43 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Moose has it pegged. The improved new players this year are ?
Negative sunshine pumper? LOL.

#2023197 - 11/10/17 06:42 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Better protection and another year in the offense. Hell... Alex Smith is having his best year in year five with Andy Reid offense. Guys get better over time with experience and knowledge. The offensive line will be better giving QB more time to set feet and make good decisions
NFL v KU is a apples v oranges. Or should we get Weis back? Hell!!

#2023198 - 11/10/17 08:48 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Hell the offensive line had another year experience and they are WORSE this year. Passage of time does not automatically help. Especially when the coaches are NOT developing players.

#2023201 - 11/10/17 09:10 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Hours in the weight room between now and next year along with the natural maturing body of a kid from 19 to 20 years old and the desire to get better will make them improve....even if they receive zero coaching. This isn't rocket science.

#2023203 - 11/10/17 09:17 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
And I'll go out on a limb and say that if Beaty is back we win less than 3 games.

#2023208 - 11/10/17 10:27 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUHawkhead]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
And I'll go out on a limb and say that if Beaty is back we win less than 3 games.

....2 wins would double our number of wins this year. That's a huge improvement in one year. Sounds like another contract extension and pay boost is coming if you are right.

#2023209 - 11/10/17 11:38 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Track, If you believe all that BS you said in this post please explain to us how a younger, less experienced, winless Baylor team with a first year HC blew us out at home?

#2023215 - 11/11/17 09:20 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: INation]
track Offline
gale sayers

I don't know that I believe what I have posted but it's a argument one could make. Comparing us to Baylor is not a legitimate argument. Baylor is far ahead of us in their facilities...an indoor football facility for practices and a new stadium. We are at least 5 to 8 years behind in that regard. Baylor went to a bowl last year...we haven't gone to one in a decade. Baylor has been top 40 or better in recruiting classes the last 4 years..we have been in the top 80. If you are a texas kid....you want to go to baylor or kansas...facilities and recent success...no comparison,.... kids don't care about all that other stuff. Our coach was fired...their coach was fired. They hired a coach with a proven track record as a head coach....we have one that is learning on the job. They played OU tough....scoring 41 points on them and losing by a touchdown. We will lose by more than 41 most likely. They played west virginia a lot closer than we did. They have a future NFL receiver and an accurate throwing QB. We have a secondary that is young and unable to perform assignments. You get the point. Even though Baylor has a bad record this year and a young team....they have recruited better athletes the last 4 years according to the recruiting services. They have recent history of being an elite program in the Big 12. Advantage baylor in all categories.

#2023216 - 11/11/17 09:41 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

....2 wins would double our number of wins this year. That's a huge improvement in one year. Sounds like another contract extension and pay boost is coming if you are right.
Two HC's in 2018 would be fired as well. And an AD.

#2023219 - 11/11/17 11:56 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
jayhawk1985 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I would be highly disappointed if we didn't try and get Troy Calhoun. He is 81-58 at airforce, not the easiest place to win games. Would bring some much-needed discipline to our football team.

#2023220 - 11/11/17 12:01 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Ok so by thar way of thinking this year is a big step back.

#2023221 - 11/11/17 12:10 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Hours in the weight room between now and next year along with the natural maturing body of a kid from 19 to 20 years old and the desire to get better will make them improve....even if they receive zero coaching. This isn't rocket science.

Ok so what about this last off season? Why have they gotten worse? There should be some improvement.

#2023223 - 11/11/17 01:09 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

you have heard the old expression....two steps forward(last year compared to the first year) and one step back...this year was our one step back....next year will be our 2 steps forward. wooohooo....keep choppin wood.

#2023224 - 11/11/17 01:25 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

With as down as we are, the linear progression track believes in is not likely. This is football, not a math equation or square dancing. Beaty has no plans beyond cashing his fat checks.

#2023228 - 11/11/17 02:31 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

With as down as we are, the linear progression track believes in is not likely. This is football, not a math equation or square dancing. Beaty has no plans beyond cashing his fat checks.

I actually believe that Beaty had a plan but the problem is that he lacks the knowledge,experience,ability to implement the plan

his inability to put together a competent staff, bad game planning going into the week and worse game day decisions, inability to develop talent have all led to our 3-33 record in his 3 years and this level of futility will continue as long as he remains here

#2023231 - 11/11/17 02:47 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

chop chop chop

#2023232 - 11/11/17 03:36 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

chop chop chop
According to you everything is ok. It’s not.

#2023233 - 11/11/17 03:47 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

chop chop chop

Gotta keep on workin... quitters never win and winners never quit.... woohoo... chop chop chop

#2023236 - 11/11/17 04:22 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: track]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

chop chop chop

Gotta keep on workin... quitters never win and winners never quit.... woohoo... chop chop chop

Stoopid and incompetent don't usually work out well, either!!!!!!

#2023237 - 11/11/17 04:46 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I know many on here for some reason do not like Mangino, but a thing he said when he was back (when we win games, as we have both times he has returned to the stadium) was that these kids do not physically look anything like the ones he recruited and had in the weight room. BTW, KSU still thanks us for firing that weight trainer and all his assistants when Mangino was fired.

RCJHKU!

#2023252 - 11/11/17 06:21 PM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: KUHawkhead]
track Offline
gale sayers

I know many on here for some reason do not like Mangino, but a thing he said when he was back (when we win games, as we have both times he has returned to the stadium) was that these kids do not physically look anything like the ones he recruited and had in the weight room. BTW, KSU still thanks us for firing that weight trainer and all his assistants when Mangino was fired.

RCJHKU!

Totally agree. The strength coach we currently have likes to focus on flexibility and balance... those are fine things but only after a player has built up their strength and explosive power. There is only so much time allowed for practice and it should be devoted to explosive power and quickness and building size. The current coach would rather focus on eating healthy veggies.

#2023328 - 11/13/17 05:31 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
doolindalton Offline
Baby Jay

The reason I started this thread is that David Beaty can't coach football, at least as the head coach. He wasn't even a coordinator when KU hired him. Forget talent comparisons, recruiting advantages, and facilities or even wins or losses. The team that goes out there that represents the University of Kansas on a weekly basis doesn't block, tackle, play defense, offense, special teams or do anything particularly well in relation to the game of football. If Beaty is allowed to continue, it will be the same story next season. The story of Kansas football is the story of incompetence both on the field and off the field. The powers that be can't seem to identify the qualities of a head coach that matches KU's needs and that problem is manifested on the field on a weekly basis. Nobody on this board will be able to do much about that problem, but it's not hard to identify coaches who potentially might be the answer. Thus, the fun is in the distraction.

#2023332 - 11/13/17 08:44 AM Re: Neal Brown profile [Re: doolindalton]
track Offline
gale sayers

So you want to play "let's pretend"?... When beaty gets fired. it sounds like a fun game but until then...nah.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview