Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023126 - 11/08/17 05:44 PM Team identity?
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I've been giving this some thought, not deep mind you, more Dave Beatyish in nature.

Is it any wonder that KU football lacks a team identity when they have no "go to uniform"? DB says all the combos are "critical" to recruiting. Well, based on his recruiting achievements, he might need to add about 40 more combos.

My hope is that whoever ends up the next head coach, because DB is not going to survive, picks ONE home uniform combo and ONE road uniform combo. All the current options make our team look like a schizophrenic high school squad.

On another note........I hate the Trajan Font and dislike the official blue. Because of that, I hope the next AD deep sixes everything associated with Lew, color and font included. We need a TOTAL makeover and the sooner the better.

#2023129 - 11/08/17 06:12 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I say they take the Jayhawk off the helmet and Kansas off the chest until they win one.

#2023132 - 11/08/17 06:56 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Go back to the masculine Giants style unis from 30 years ago. These fruity uniforms like the Civil War nonsense are not attracting anyone.

#2023133 - 11/08/17 08:47 PM Confused [Re: beenahawk]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
I think you stated it best a couple of weeks ago. The offense is too confused to run a spread/temp based attack. They'd be better off huddling up. The defensive backfield cannot do anything but man-for-man on the corners and haven't executed a delayed blitz all year. The special teams can barely get a punt off, can't stay in lanes and hasn't even attempted to return a punt in Big 12 action. The uniforms are just more evidence.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (11/08/17 09:26 PM)

#2023134 - 11/08/17 08:50 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: moose1]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
I say they take the Jayhawk off the helmet and Kansas off the chest until they win one.

If I remember correctly, Mase actually took the Jayhawks off the helmets and the names off the jerseys in 88 and stated he'd continue to do so til they won something. That's what they wore during that disastrous game down at Auburn.. I believe Mase's classic KU icon first appeared during the 4 and 7 campaign in 89.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2023202 - 11/10/17 09:16 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
4-7 sounds like a wet dream now. God we suck. Have sucked. And will suck for the foreseeable future.

RCJHKU!

#2023210 - 11/11/17 12:33 AM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
I couldn’t agree more. I thought I was the only one who saw it this way.

The official brand of KU blue, Perkins style, is alien vomit. I want strong uniforms again. Simple is better.

#2023305 - 11/12/17 11:06 AM Re: Team identity? [Re: KUHawkhead]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
4-7 sounds like a wet dream now. God we suck. Have sucked. And will suck for the foreseeable future.

RCJHKU!

I loved your NY Giants uniform when Mangino was there. Looked great. Your white uniforms look like you are selling Baskin-Robbins ice cream! Strawberry anyone? IB

#2023310 - 11/12/17 11:51 AM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Don't kick someone when they are down. You are invading someone else's space. 49-42 loss, huh? Two game losing streak, huh? Crap.

#2023318 - 11/12/17 03:54 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: iowaboy]
bullpuphawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: McPherson, KS
Originally Posted By: iowaboy

RCJHKU!

I loved your NY Giants uniform when Mangino was there. Looked great. Your white uniforms look like you are selling Baskin-Robbins ice cream! Strawberry anyone? IB

If anyone needs to stay out of an uniform conversation, it would be an ISU fan. Ugliest uni's ever. Especially when you try to do the gray thing.

#2023368 - 11/13/17 08:42 PM Re: Team identity? [Re: bullpuphawk]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Originally Posted By: bullpuphawk
Originally Posted By: iowaboy

RCJHKU!

If anyone needs to stay out of an uniform conversation, it would be an ISU fan. Ugliest uni's ever. Especially when you try to do the gray thing.

Agree on the gray. But the all reds are cool. as is the gold helmets which are in storage. But your lettering is pussylike, and the white gear is well, pussylike. IB

#2023381 - 11/14/17 09:09 AM Re: Team identity? [Re: beenahawk]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Says the guy who has a thing for dudes in singlets.

Preview