Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023063 - 11/07/17 04:13 PM Can't fix STOOPID
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Three UCLA men's basketball players -- including LiAngelo Ball, the younger brother of the Los Angeles Lakers' Lonzo Ball -- were arrested in China just days before Friday's season-opening game against Georgia Tech in Shanghai, sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman.

One source told ESPN the players -- which also included freshmen Cody Riley and Jalen Hill -- were arrested on shoplifting charges.

The players are being questioned about stealing from a Louis Vuitton store that is located next to the team's hotel.

A source tells ESPN the players are not currently with the team.

Multiple calls and texts to UCLA head coach Steve Alford at approximately 1 a.m. local time on Wednesday morning were not immediately returned.

UCLA released a statement: "We are aware of a situation involving UCLA student-athletes in Hangzhou, China. The University is cooperating fully with local authorities on this matter, and we have no further comment at this time."

One source told ESPN that nearly 20 police officers came into the Hyatt Hangzhou at approximately 8 a.m. local time Tuesday and spoke to multiple players from both Georgia Tech and UCLA. The players, according to the source, were kept in a room for hours and not allowed to speak to any of the coaches.

"They weren't messing around," the source told ESPN. "The kids were scared."

The Georgia Tech players were allowed to leave the room hours later, and the UCLA players were seen getting into a police vehicle around 1 p.m. local time, according to the source.

Georgia Tech released a statement to ESPN Tuesday, saying that three of their players were questioned by local authorities at their hotel.

"During the questioning, it was determined that Georgia Tech student-athletes were not involved in the activities being investigated," Georgia Tech said in the statement. "They have resumed their scheduled activities in advance of Saturday's season opener versus UCLA in Shanghai."

The teams are scheduled to visit Shanghai Disney Resort on Wednesday.

My thoughts:
Maybe they should kneel during the CHINESE national anthem and send over Rubber Neck Kaepernick to demonstrate for "social justice". They can also send that fool Al Sharpton, too. Maybe as the grand master of demonstration ceremonies they can have Obama lead the chants in Tienimen Square. But my point to those three social justice pioneers is that you can't sit in some news studio over over here in the good Ole US of A and spout some drivel about how unfair China is. They have to get right into the battlegrounds and get right on over there to see how things work when the ACLU isn't portraying the victimization of the "priviledged black athlete".

I think USA should let them do that(i.e., force them onto a plane to Beijing) and we can be without their services for say, oh, the rest of our lives!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that be Fing AWESOME?

P.S.: I don't think those "priviledged blacks" will be making their little Disney Party

Edited by Jman1 (11/07/17 04:22 PM)

#2023064 - 11/07/17 04:30 PM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: Jman1]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
You're a weird guy.

#2023065 - 11/07/17 04:44 PM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: Jman1]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

No, I'm a realist about how FUGAZI things in this country really are. If this same thing were to be 3 normal, regular "white boys" in China, they would be sent to a tribunal and certainly sentenced to 10-20 years in some chinese work camp and not one person would utter a peep other than the kids' parents. In this case I'm sure the phones are buzzing in China to get these "innocent angels" back to their team to play a basketball game.

#2023075 - 11/07/17 06:38 PM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: Jman1]
oldalum Offline
Lawrence Legend

Wow. You've got a lot of hate there, fella.

#2023099 - 11/08/17 07:56 AM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: Jman1]
madcapper Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: center of nowhere
Hate or not he is right.

#2023122 - 11/08/17 04:18 PM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: Jman1]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

NEWS BREAK:
It appears as if the AFCLU got their boys to the Disney function, instead of a prison jumpsuit and a sledge hammer like the rest of us would have gotten

#2023138 - 11/09/17 02:14 AM Re: Can't fix STOOPID [Re: madcapper]
OREAD Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Originally Posted By: madcapper
Hate or not he is right.

I think so too. Surely everyone, including the players accused heard about what happened to that US tourist in N. Korea who was returned brain damaged and subsequently died. Ball's father said "it's no big deal" which is arrogant and stupid. It is a big deal. Shoplifting something in the US is bad enough, but to try it (if they did) in a place like China is really stoopid.

Preview