Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2023003 - 11/06/17 11:40 AM "I'm not concerned" *
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
...says David Beaty. His staff better be. His players better be. After 9 games, Baylor has a plan that includes winning winnable games. He got his money, now show us how to "earn it"!!!

#2023006 - 11/06/17 12:10 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
KU almost beat K State, was competitive with WV, and beat Texas last year. Beaty's scholarship numbers argument is a dog that no longer hunts.

And if Beaty is so anti-quick-fix, why was Bender ever starting over Stanley and Starks?

Edited by casey (11/06/17 12:11 PM)

#2023010 - 11/06/17 12:40 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
Once basketball season starts at KU, nobody is "concerned" about football in any way.

Seen this for decades. It does get old.

#2023011 - 11/06/17 01:40 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kirk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Not true. I love b-ball but there are lots of football fans that would love to follow ku football if it wasn’t such a train wreck as it has been for nearly a decade.

#2023019 - 11/06/17 05:08 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Way to take things out of context.

It wasn't an open ended statement about not being concerned about the team's performance or the W-L record or the state of the program or anything like that. In fact he emphasized how he wasn't happy or satisfied with how things are going.

You don't need to purposely create false impressions to make your point or further criticize his coaching so not sure why you continue to do it.

#2023020 - 11/06/17 05:42 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

I guess if I slap the salami for 3 years on the job, pull in well over over a couple million dollars, and my contract tells me I get $3.2 Mil more to keep beatin the Bishop I wouldn't have a concern, either. Especially since he is almost 100% safeguarded from termination by his AD. The university, in their complete lack of coherency and competence, is being bent over and held hostage by these dimwits, and cant or don't want to do anything proactively to chase these money whores out of town.

#2023022 - 11/06/17 06:08 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Way to take things out of context.

It wasn't an open ended statement about not being concerned about the team's performance or the W-L record or the state of the program or anything like that. In fact he emphasized how he wasn't happy or satisfied with how things are going.

You don't need to purposely create false impressions to make your point or further criticize his coaching so not sure why you continue to do it.
Well, the false impression as you say is entirely made up fantasy by you projected onto me and my post topic. Well done kman

As I then said, coaches and players better be concerned but not that crap you claim I said. Lies, lies nothing but kman lies. 😩

#2023023 - 11/06/17 06:10 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Jman1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Jman1
I guess if I slap the salami for 3 years on the job, pull in well over over a couple million dollars, and my contract tells me I get $3.2 Mil more to keep beatin the Bishop I wouldn't have a concern, either. Especially since he is almost 100% safeguarded from termination by his AD. The university, in their complete lack of coherency and competence, is being bent over and held hostage by these dimwits, and cant or don't want to do anything proactively to chase these money whores out of town.
+1

#2023031 - 11/07/17 01:55 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Well, the false impression as you say is entirely made up fantasy by you projected onto me and my post topic. Well done kman

As I then said, coaches and players better be concerned but not that crap you claim I said. Lies, lies nothing but kman lies. 😩
I called you out for purposely and unnecessarily taking a comment completely out of context, which is just another form of intellectual dishonesty.

You didn't need to do it to make your point. It just cheapens your argument.

I guess your only recourse is to call me a liar for your dishonesty.

#2023035 - 11/07/17 08:05 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I called you out for purposely and unnecessarily taking a comment completely out of context, which is just another form of intellectual dishonesty.

You didn't need to do it to make your point. It just cheapens your argument.

I guess your only recourse is to call me a liar for your dishonesty.
LJW headline was where I saw it. A Beaty quote. So they are also pretty dishonest about Beaty?

How about the JUCO numbers story by Keegan? Can I pull that crap as you call it to focus on why Beaty should be gone? Beaty says less JUCOs but still continues to recruit JUCOs. If he wants to lose all games but maintain his job, shouldn't he be doing what he says the last coach did all wrong? Hmmm...

#2023036 - 11/07/17 09:16 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Not that I'm backing Beaty, because this is definitely unacceptable. According to Rivals recruiting numbers, KU has offered 175 players for 2018. Of those 175, most are high school players. Of the 175, 106 have committed to other programs and 10 are committed to us. At some point, if you're so bad that the high school players won't commit, you have to turn to Juco players to fill out your recruiting class. It's sad that's where we're at, but that's the reality! You're not going to scholarship some high school player that will never play. You're asking kids to commit on blind faith, that this thing will turn around with this staff and that this staff will still be here!

#2023040 - 11/07/17 10:49 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

#2023046 - 11/07/17 11:35 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

LJW headline was where I saw it. A Beaty quote. So they are also pretty dishonest about Beaty?
No, you dishonestly shortened the quote to take it completely out of context. The LJW headline did NOT!

#2023048 - 11/07/17 11:52 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/nov/0...ed-ab/?football

"NOT CONCERNED" I can't spell it out any plainer. My post then said his staff and players better be. Sorry, kman

#2023049 - 11/07/17 12:37 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"NOT CONCERNED" I can't spell it out any plainer. My post then said his staff and players better be. Sorry, kman
Your implication was that coach Beaty isn't concerned about losing or how the season has gone.

You also said, "He got his money", backing up your implication that he doesn't really care or isn't really concerned about anything else. When clearly his statement was in regards to whether he was on the verge of being fired or not.

#2023050 - 11/07/17 12:47 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Your implication was that coach Beaty isn't concerned about losing or how the season has gone.

You also said, "He got his money", backing up your implication that he doesn't really care or isn't really concerned about anything else. When clearly his statement was in regards to whether he was on the verge of being fired or not.
Yes, I then said "he got his money-now earn it". Hmmm...not concerned about anything else is what you drug into my topic. I asked for him to stay and earn it if he gets paid $1.6M annually.

#2023052 - 11/07/17 12:55 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yes, I then said "he got his money-now earn it". Hmmm...not concerned about anything else is what you drug into my topic. I asked for him to stay and earn it if he gets paid $1.6M annually.
Now you see how shortening a quote can give a misleading impression! Glad you agree now. (You fell right into this one! LOL)

Oh, and now you want coach Beaty to stay!

Wow! I'm completely amazed at your abrupt turnaround on this issue! grin

#2023054 - 11/07/17 01:01 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Now you see how shortening a quote can give a misleading impression! Glad you agree now. (You fell right into this one! LOL)

Oh, and now you want coach Beaty to stay!

Wow! I'm completely amazed at your abrupt turnaround on this issue! grin
Where's our refund for the first three years of Beaty Ball? He didn't earn it, kman.

#2023057 - 11/07/17 01:20 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Where's our refund for the first three years of Beaty Ball? He didn't earn it, kman.
I'm sure there's a check in the mail!

It'll get there right after the checks for Mather, Gotfired, Val, gameball, Gill, and Weis gets there!

#2023062 - 11/07/17 03:54 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

It'll get there right after the checks for Mather, Gotfired, Val, gameball, Gill, and Weis gets there!
I’m thinking the ticket office is holding the earlier checks for a period no longer than ten minimum of five. Years.

Gotfired!! 😂 lol

Don’t forget Bud’s...

#2023068 - 11/07/17 05:33 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

I’m thinking the ticket office is holding the earlier checks for a period no longer than ten minimum of five. Years.

Gotfired!! 😂 lol

Don’t forget Bud’s...

That's why I think we fans should file a class action lawsuit against the Athletic Department . Geesh, we have ALL paid through the nose to watch this revolving door of ineptitude. The only decent coaches we have hired through the years were the "accidents" (except for Fam, both times).

#2023084 - 11/07/17 08:44 PM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I can get Brad the bull Pistotnik on the case.

#2023106 - 11/08/17 10:21 AM Re: "I'm not concerned" [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I can get Brad the bull Pistotnik on the case.
http://bradpistotnik.com/who-is-the-bull-accident-attorney-brad-pistotnik-is-the-bull/

Looks like his specialty is covering train wrecks. Perhaps dumpster fires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview