Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2022980 - 11/05/17 08:01 PM Kansas +31.5 at Texas
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Line has already gone up to 33 at a couple of books.

Nightmare scenario for Girod: Kansas wins this game then gets slaughtered in the last two. Hard to see Beaty or Zenger getting axed under those circumstances, isn't it?

#2022981 - 11/05/17 08:08 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

No need to worry about KU winning this game, all three of the last games are gonna be slaughters. Texas will get it's revenge for last year. OU and OSU will score 50+ on us.

#2022982 - 11/05/17 08:12 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Texas has a quarterback quandry, their main starter has a lingering injury and their #2 is immobile. That makes this mildly interesting.

Having said that, let's be honest, KU's win last year was entirely attributable to Charlie Strong inexplicably running hurry-up offense toward the end of the game when the Longhorns just had to kill clock. Texas played to lose. That won't happen this year.

#2022983 - 11/05/17 08:28 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: INation]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: INation
No need to worry about KU winning this game, all three of the last games are gonna be slaughters. Texas will get it's revenge for last year. OU and OSU will score 50+ on us.

50+ in the first half.

#2022986 - 11/06/17 12:06 AM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
I'll be attending the game. UT is looking to pound someone. I don't think it will be very nice.

#2022993 - 11/06/17 08:38 AM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I don't expect a win, but I don't think this game will be as ugly as the line is suggesting either.

Texas may shut us down on O. Their run D is really good and their pass D is average, but we've really been struggling to pass consistently mostly because of our OL problems. If we get the passing game on track some, then we could get a few points. If not, it's gonna be a long ugly day on O.

Texas passes a lot better than they run the ball, but that was with a healthy starting QB and as casey mentioned their starting QB is dinged up and not as effective right now. Their backup has a lot of good tools but also makes a lot of bad decisions and is the same QB we beat last year. I think we can limit their running ability and make them 1 dimensional on O. That can be a blessing and curse as our secondary has a lot of problems. We need 1 or 2 guys to step up and take advantage of some of the poor throws I know Texas will make. They've made quite a few in every game of theirs I've watched this year and I've watched parts or all of 6 of em.

If they start their backup, this game will be close for a half or 3 quarters as they struggle to score under him. If we don't turn the ball over and someone in our secondary can make a big play or 2 this game should be within 2 scores. If nobody steps up, it'll probably be a 3 or 4 score game. If we turn the ball over and get none ourselves it may get almost as ugly as the line suggests IMHO.

My best guess is we lose by about 2 or 3 scores(10-21 points IMHO) if they start their backup. If they start their normal starter and he's relatively healthy then we probably lose by about 4 scores(24-30 IMHO). My surprise best scenario guess is we win it if our OL suddenly stops making a bunch of mistakes and they struggle just as bad on O as they did against TCU last week. My surprise worst scenario guess is we lose by 6 or 7 scores because our O gets shut out and turns the ball over some, and our D can't stop the pass then wears down giving up some garbage points late in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

That's the only way I think the line is going to pay off, if we have our worst case scenario. I'm not sure how team morale is right now, but I think it'll have to be noticeably down for this to happen.

#2023008 - 11/06/17 12:21 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Good analysis Kman. This isn't an unwinnable game.

If KU plays like they care, this could end with a surprise.

#2023009 - 11/06/17 12:35 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
jhawkblue Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: casey

you need to put the crack pipe down and step away and go get some professional help if you think that Beaty and Bowen can even come close to being competitive that rest of the season

#2023012 - 11/06/17 02:32 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: jhawkblue]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: jhawkblue

you need to put the crack pipe down and step away and go get some professional help if you think that Beaty and Bowen can even come close to being competitive that rest of the season

Good analysis jhawkblue: Seems as if the crack, opioid and meth problem is substantialy worse than statistics bear out. This is an unwinnable game for the current staff and the state of the program. There won't be any "moral victories". This is a 50 point blowout win for the Horns. I predict prolly 28-31 to nothing at half and 56-6 final

#2023030 - 11/06/17 10:47 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: INation]
RoadWarrior Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Oveland Park, KANSAS
OU and OSU will hang 60+ on us....

here are predictions

51-3 UT
66-10 OU
69-7 OSU

#2023117 - 11/08/17 02:08 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

+34 at most books now.

#2023124 - 11/08/17 04:49 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

And plenty of padding for the sharps to continue to make dime and hedge bets with as +34 is a small number at this point. If it gets to +48-49 I may consider the other side, but until then bet with the college team not the HS team and HS coach

#2023188 - 11/10/17 04:08 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
He is not a HS coach and has turned some slow lumbering men into a unit. Not good but better and that comes from coaching. Who the heck would you hire? Id like to know your list.

#2023200 - 11/10/17 09:04 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I say they cover very easily.

#2023214 - 11/11/17 08:44 AM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

If KU plays like ...normal..., this could end with a surprise.
Burning bag of crap on the front porch?

All teams better play like they care.

#2023218 - 11/11/17 10:17 AM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: Tetonhawk]
Jman1 Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk
He is not a HS coach and has turned some slow lumbering men into a unit. Not good but better and that comes from coaching. Who the heck would you hire? Id like to know your list.

Well, I would prolly start right off the get go and try to McEwlain. Though he would need a really good OC to come with him. Chad Morris at SMU would be high on the list. I would have said Bill Clark at UAB, but since he has that squad BOWL ELIGIBLE after UAB had not played a game in 2 YEARS in just the first year back, but UAB loccked him up down there with a 5 year contract extension. Todd Monkin at Southern Miss--5-4 this year with 2 of the losses being competitive losses v. SEC teams, and the other 2 losses to teams with winning records. Chances are pretty good that Butch Jones and/or Kevin will be available in the very near future. Scott Frost but he would never go to KU, and he is destined for NU. And as DoolinDalton mentioned, Neal Brown.

Those are just a few off the top of my head; those are real, true to life PROVEN WINNING HEAD COACHES

But the best get IMO, if the stooges at KU could actually rub their thumbs together, would probably be Mark D'Onofrio the UH D Coordinator.

• Mark D'Onofrio joined the Houston Football program as its defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach on Jan. 6, 2017 following five seasons as defensive coordinator at Miami.

• Has 14 defensive players from his tenure with Miami currently in the NFL, seven of which were drafted under his watch.

• His 2015 defense at Miami ranked third in the ACC with 25 turnovers gained.

• Linebacker Denzel Perryman was a Dick Butkus Award semifinalist in 2013 and 2014. Perryman was the first Hurricane player since 2007 to earn AP All-America honors.

• Miami’s 2014 defense was fourth in the ACC in total defense, holding nine opponents below 250 yards passing and five teams to less than 100 yards rushing.

• His 2013 defense was among the nation’s best in takeaways, finishing the year with 27.

• Miami’s 2011 defense finished the season ninth in the nation in red zone defense and 21st in scoring defense.

• Prior to Miami, D'Onofrio spent five years at Temple as assistant head coach and defensive coordinator.

• At Temple, he transformed a defense ranked last in the NCAA upon his arrival to 17th in 2010.

• Helped Temple become bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons for the first time in program history.

• Developed 2011 NFL Draft first-round pick and 2015 Pro Bowler Muhammad Wilkerson along with NFL Draft second-round pick Jaiqwaun Jarrett. In all, three Owls were drafted during D’Onofrio’s tenure and five former players went on to play in the NFL.

• In addition, Temple won a single-season-record nine-consecutive games en route to a 9-4 overall record, a first-place tie in the MAC East and an appearance in the EagleBank Bowl in 2009. The 2010 Owls won eight games, finishing 8-4, and became bowl-eligible for the second-consecutive season and for the first time in school history. A school-record eight defensive players were named All-MAC, including five on the first team in 2009. Four student-athletes earned All-MAC honors in 2010. Sophomore Adrian Robinson earned 2009 MAC Defensive Player of the Year accolades and senior Andre Neblett became Temple’s first three-time All-MAC honoree.

• Spent two seasons at Virginia (2004-05). Tight ends/special teams coach in 2004 and inside linebackers/special teams coach in 2005.

• Helped develop NFL first round draft pick and two-time Pro Bowl tight end Heath Miller in 2004.

• Helped develop NFL Pro Bowl linebacker Ahmad Brooks in 2005.

• From 1988-91 D’Onofrio played at Penn State and served the Nittany Lions playing both inside and outside linebacker. He was elected team captain his senior year and was drafted in the second round (34th overall pick) of the 1992 NFL draft by the Green Bay Packers. He earned a starting role as the Packers’ inside linebacker where he played for two seasons before injury prematurely ended his professional career in 1994.

I'd say that's a pretty good initial Iist I put together in about 5 minutes time.

Edited by Jman1 (11/11/17 10:33 AM)

#2023315 - 11/12/17 01:58 PM Re: Kansas +31.5 at Texas [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
My best guess is we lose by about 2 or 3 scores(10-21 points IMHO) if they start their backup.
Too bad I'm not a betting man else I could have won some money on this one.

It went down a little differently than I thought it would, but the end result was the same as I though it would be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview