Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2022113 - 10/18/17 08:24 PM Youngest team we have ever had.
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We are going to have a lot of growing pains. Vanderbilt may be our best player and he is injured. At first they said surgery and January, they are checking again. He would be our most important player. Can play all 5 positions, changes the dynamics of the team.
We have no Booker, Murray or Monk shooters this year. Just a bunch that are very athletic and extremely long. Boheim would love the length for zone, but Cal hates it.
Diallo is a freak athlete, higher jump than Wiggins, he needs work on his game.
I have a feeling if Vanderbilt has to wait till January, Cal may not play him at all.

I don't know where we stand on recruits, Cal brought Drake in for Zion, his favorite musician.

Kansas will be very good, size, guard play is the most important and you are stacked.
Will be interesting to see where this FBI crap goes. Pitino got nailed, although he will sue for his 44 million from UL and has sued Adidas. Very strange, Pitino mostly played 3 and 4 star players who developed in 3-4 years. One of the best ever coaching though. If the NCAA upholds their penalties he will lose 2 FF and a championship. 100 + wins. I hope they don't, after letting UNC cheat for 18 years. Dean Smith, Roy they should have lost 2-3 NC and hundreds of games. Biggest cheaters in history. Hell, they have Michael Jordan on tape offering players all of his products for free.

#2022133 - 10/19/17 09:40 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Welcome back Kensuck. I don't see KU having any problems with your boys in Chicago. But lack of front court depth could cause us some problems. Hopefully a F4 is attainable. Bill and the fanbase needs it and deserves it. ROCK CHALK.

#2022154 - 10/19/17 08:27 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I agree. I read today we have to replace like 93-94% of our scoring. No juniors or seniors on the team. I think about 8 freshmen. Too early in the season for s big game against a very good experienced team. They have to learn everything, how to play hard etc. No idea who will be the leader in the locker room. No elite shooters like we have had. Our team is very long, many over 7 feet wingspans. Rumor of practicing zone that Cal hates. These kids are so long and athletic. I would love to have Vanderbilt playing. If they wait till January, good chance Cal won't play him at all if he can get a 1st round guarantee.

#2022183 - 10/20/17 11:31 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Tall doesnt equate to good. Can't believe they ranked Kensuck 4th in the first official poll. In fact all 4 teams in the Champions Classic is ranked 1-4. ...how convenient.

#2022202 - 10/20/17 09:23 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Length can cause problems when you like to drive the lane. Forces you to become one-dimensional 3-pt-shooting team. Self's teams have struggled against those kind of match ups in the past.

I hope our experienced guard play can overcome our lack of depth in the paint.

#2022207 - 10/21/17 06:28 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I would not call Dok and Preston short. We can handle inexperienced length.

#2022212 - 10/21/17 09:24 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No way in the world we are a #4. Lucky if top 20 to start. Our guys aren't necessarily all that tall. Just for some reason they have freakishly long arms. Take a 6'4 player with a 7'1 reach. I can't figure why such long arms.
If Vanderbilt has to shut it down for the season, we could be hurting. I think they decide next week.

#2022362 - 10/22/17 02:28 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I would not call Dok and Preston short. We can handle inexperienced length.

Like Dok and Preston are seasoned veterans. It's the lack of depth with length that worries me. Maybe they will give us 7 fouls like on Sunday.

#2022367 - 10/22/17 02:34 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: AlOerter]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
If either Dok or Preston become injured this season, we are toast.

Last season we were three deep, even after the injury to Dok. If you include Bragg, we were four deep.

There is NO margin for error in the frontcourt this season.

Edited by jahawker2004 (10/22/17 02:35 PM)

#2022386 - 10/22/17 04:14 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Well hell.might as well forfeit the whole season.

#2022546 - 10/26/17 05:32 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It's all about March. We will have to see who developes as a leader. Last year lost to UNC ion a buzzer beater. Otherwise 5 FF in 8 seasons for Calipari. 4 in 8 isn't too bad. If you watched the game, we had terrible calls. Fox 🦊 got mugged s few times. No call. Our best players has to sit much of the game.. it's weird, Calipari has a 85% winning % and is 2-7 when Higgins calls game. 1-4 in NCAA tournament. He has an agenda.

#2022773 - 11/01/17 03:56 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Well hell.might as well forfeit the whole season.

Let's wait until later this month, after we beat Kentucky again

#2022779 - 11/01/17 09:01 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I have no doubt that KU might pay back the 32 point beat down. Vanderbilt is conditioning now and we really need him. We are not good at all right now.
dUKe should be dominate.

#2022790 - 11/01/17 01:39 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Blueblood--Duke has chemistry issues Grayson Allen does not play well with others.

Coach K is a legend--i get it. But he's getting old. He has trouble fitting his one and dones into the system. And, most important of all, he can't get them to buy in enough defensively.

Have you noticed the last three years Duke has struggled defensively, getting progressively worse?

Arizona should be considered the favorite to win the national title. But Sean Miller can't seem to get to the Final Four, and the FBI probe will continue to take its toll.

I think this year is wide open. Kentucky too young, UNC reloading, Louisville a trainwreck. We've got as good a shot as anybody,but any injuries to the frontcourt will be fatal.

My preseason pick--Michigan State. Their sophomore class is loaded and already experienced. Izzo is a GREAT coach. They play defense.

#2022792 - 11/01/17 02:01 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Coach K is the best basketball coach in the world.

Yes I agree that msu is likely the favorite............at this point. I am happy we are not playing them in CC in two weeks.

#2022809 - 11/01/17 08:27 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Tom Izzo is a better basketball coach than Coach K.

Coach K just has a better job.

#2022819 - 11/01/17 10:06 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

Coach K just has a better job.

Errrr...pretty sure they have the same job. Duke just might be a better place to get elite recruits.

#2022825 - 11/02/17 07:35 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

USA Basketball begs to differ.

I love TI. He would be on the very top of my list if we found ourselves with a coaching vacancy. But he is never leaving msu. He will retire a spartan.

#2022838 - 11/02/17 01:09 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

I agree--if he were younger, and had KU ties.

If something were to happen to Self, his successor will be someone with KU ties. I don't see them going outside the family. Nor should they.

Mark Turgeon has probably earned it, but I think Danny Manning gets the first phone call. Self gave him his start and he is, after all, Danny Manning. We revere him.

If we go younger, like we did with the last two hires (ol Roy and Self), Jerrod Haase,

Calipari? Not a chance. He wanted the job last time, wasn't even given an interview. And he's got a really good gig now

Who is on your short list? And why?

#2022844 - 11/02/17 02:25 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who is on your short list? And why?

The dude at whichita st. is my first call. If he turns us down, which he won't, then my next call is to Jay Wright at villanova.

No JAYHAWKS that are currently head coaches have done enough to get this job.

#2022867 - 11/02/17 08:37 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Greg Marshall is a great coach, but he threw away any goodwill he had with the University of Kansas administrators with all the sh*t that happened and was said by him and his wife after they beat us back in 2015 NCAA tournament.

He basically talked himself out of any chance of ever coaching at KU.

Jay Wright from Villanova? EXCELLENT suggestion!

But he has only been to one Final Four at a traditional basketball powerhouse.

Turgeon has done enough, but Manning still gets that first call.

#2022869 - 11/02/17 10:08 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

That shows you how damn dumb Michhawk is wanting that assclown for a coach at mighty KU. Hell michhawk has no true allegiance to KU. Screw that guy and screw Marshall.

#2022877 - 11/03/17 08:33 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You got 5 dudes that are the undisputed top of the heap in mens college basketball. They are:

k
calipari
HCRW
izzo
HCBS

If we find ourselves with a coaching vacancy none of those 5 are coming to KU. After those 5, the dude at whichita st. has been as good as anybody in mens college basketball.

An internet dufus named phrogmusher not liking him is not a reason to not consider him.

#2022878 - 11/03/17 09:37 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Hey chucko..I am pretty sure 99 % of our fanbase wouldn't want that assclown either. You remain the idiot 1%.

#2022879 - 11/03/17 10:29 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

For me it is not a popularity contest. I want the best coach I can get. After those 5 that are not coming here, the dude at whichita st has been as good as anybody.

At the time, I don't recall HCRW being a very popular hire. At the time, I don't recall HCBS being a very popular hire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview