Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2022809 - 11/01/17 08:27 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Tom Izzo is a better basketball coach than Coach K.

Coach K just has a better job.

#2022819 - 11/01/17 10:06 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

Coach K just has a better job.

Errrr...pretty sure they have the same job. Duke just might be a better place to get elite recruits.

#2022825 - 11/02/17 07:35 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI

USA Basketball begs to differ.

I love TI. He would be on the very top of my list if we found ourselves with a coaching vacancy. But he is never leaving msu. He will retire a spartan.

#2022838 - 11/02/17 01:09 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

I agree--if he were younger, and had KU ties.

If something were to happen to Self, his successor will be someone with KU ties. I don't see them going outside the family. Nor should they.

Mark Turgeon has probably earned it, but I think Danny Manning gets the first phone call. Self gave him his start and he is, after all, Danny Manning. We revere him.

If we go younger, like we did with the last two hires (ol Roy and Self), Jerrod Haase,

Calipari? Not a chance. He wanted the job last time, wasn't even given an interview. And he's got a really good gig now

Who is on your short list? And why?

#2022844 - 11/02/17 02:25 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who is on your short list? And why?

The dude at whichita st. is my first call. If he turns us down, which he won't, then my next call is to Jay Wright at villanova.

No JAYHAWKS that are currently head coaches have done enough to get this job.

#2022867 - 11/02/17 08:37 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: MICHHAWK]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Greg Marshall is a great coach, but he threw away any goodwill he had with the University of Kansas administrators with all the sh*t that happened and was said by him and his wife after they beat us back in 2015 NCAA tournament.

He basically talked himself out of any chance of ever coaching at KU.

Jay Wright from Villanova? EXCELLENT suggestion!

But he has only been to one Final Four at a traditional basketball powerhouse.

Turgeon has done enough, but Manning still gets that first call.

#2022869 - 11/02/17 10:08 PM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

That shows you how damn dumb Michhawk is wanting that assclown for a coach at mighty KU. Hell michhawk has no true allegiance to KU. Screw that guy and screw Marshall.

#2022877 - 11/03/17 08:33 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You got 5 dudes that are the undisputed top of the heap in mens college basketball. They are:

k
calipari
HCRW
izzo
HCBS

If we find ourselves with a coaching vacancy none of those 5 are coming to KU. After those 5, the dude at whichita st. has been as good as anybody in mens college basketball.

An internet dufus named phrogmusher not liking him is not a reason to not consider him.

#2022878 - 11/03/17 09:37 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Hey chucko..I am pretty sure 99 % of our fanbase wouldn't want that assclown either. You remain the idiot 1%.

#2022879 - 11/03/17 10:29 AM Re: Youngest team we have ever had. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

For me it is not a popularity contest. I want the best coach I can get. After those 5 that are not coming here, the dude at whichita st has been as good as anybody.

At the time, I don't recall HCRW being a very popular hire. At the time, I don't recall HCBS being a very popular hire.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview