Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021992 - 10/15/17 10:50 PM BOYCOTT KU vs. MU
JimWest Offline
))<>((

This game is an abomination and yet another product of the failed athletic department policies of Zenger.

#2022009 - 10/16/17 10:25 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Only the limp wristed Jim West would label an event for hurricane relief an abomination. I get why there are some haters but it's for a good cause. Screw the personal agenda crapola.

#2022013 - 10/16/17 10:56 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Only the limp wristed Jim West would label an event for hurricane relief an abomination. I get why there are some haters but it's for a good cause. Screw the personal agenda crapola.

lol

If you need a basketball game to occur before you decide to help hurricane victims, you are the one with the slinkage problem.

#2022018 - 10/16/17 12:04 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

No...I don't need a game for that but its another means of getting such done. What? Are you worried about KU actually losing.

#2022022 - 10/16/17 01:04 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I think I have said it before, so I will go ahead and say it again. Every year before Christmas, KANSAS, ksu, whichita st and mu should gather at The sprint Center for a day of holiday hoops. Doubleheader. Kansas and ksu flip flop playing whichita st and mu.

#2022023 - 10/16/17 01:40 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

I have no desire to see us schedule MU during the regular season. But an exhibition game to raise "north of a million dollars," for hurricane victims, I'm all for it. I don't think that there's any other scenario that would raise as much money. Only the heartless would kick about such a game. I'm fully against any such boycott!

#2022035 - 10/16/17 06:45 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: JimWest

lol

If you need a basketball game to occur before you decide to help hurricane victims, you are the one with the slinkage problem.
So in other words one should "forecast" that a hurricane is coming?

#2022052 - 10/17/17 07:11 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
I have no desire to see us schedule MU during the regular season. But an exhibition game to raise "north of a million dollars," for hurricane victims, I'm all for it. I don't think that there's any other scenario that would raise as much money. Only the heartless would kick about such a game. I'm fully against any such boycott!

You think a basketball game between two schools in the middle of the country will raise more money than any other event for hurricane relief? Wow, have you ever even been outside of Kansas?

#2022055 - 10/17/17 09:21 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Jimbo must have took a knock to the back of his head..well many to be exact. Of course this game will raise more money for hurricane relief than some other events. The damn Sprint Center most likely will be sold out and the cheapest ticket is 40 bucks. Da slickster be dumb.

#2022056 - 10/17/17 09:26 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
They say they expect to raise greater than 1 million dollars. That is nothing to sneeze at.

I assume every little bit helps.

If you don't want to go, don't go.

#2022057 - 10/17/17 09:34 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Jimbo must have took a knock to the back of his head..well many to be exact. Of course this game will raise more money for hurricane relief than some other events. The damn Sprint Center most likely will be sold out and the cheapest ticket is 40 bucks. Da slickster be dumb.

Sprint Center capacity: 18,972

Let's assume $200 average ticket price, just to be way too generous in this estimate:

$3,794,400

That probably seems like a big number to you ruralites.

The stupid Hand-in-Hand telethon raised $44 million. That's 10x above what this event won't even come close to making.

Therefore, to say that "I don't think that there's any other scenario that would raise as much money." is provably false.

#2022062 - 10/17/17 11:17 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: MICHHAWK]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
I think I have said it before, so I will go ahead and say it again. Every year before Christmas, KANSAS, ksu, whichita st and mu should gather at The sprint Center for a day of holiday hoops. Doubleheader. Kansas and ksu flip flop playing whichita st and mu.

This is an excellent idea. Too bad one of the four schools lacks the courage to schedule MU or the best team in Kansas.

#2022066 - 10/17/17 12:12 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Beyond dumb^^^^^^ KU is going to play MU on Sunday. They could have refused to play in that game. Shiiitt can that punk ass KState speak. KU owns you in hoops and owns both Mizzou and WSU in the all time series by a huge margin.

#2022083 - 10/17/17 06:23 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
oldalum Offline
Lawrence Legend

According to the Wichita paper, K-State is playing an exhibition against Missouri State as a fundraiser. Admission is free, but they are hoping for donations of at least $5 from those who attend.

#2022218 - 10/21/17 11:00 AM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: JimWest

Sprint Center capacity: 18,972

Let's assume $200 average ticket price, just to be way too generous in this estimate:

$3,794,400

That probably seems like a big number to you ruralites.

The stupid Hand-in-Hand telethon raised $44 million. That's 10x above what this event won't even come close to making.

Therefore, to say that "I don't think that there's any other scenario that would raise as much money." is provably false.

As usual, Mr. Slipperiest Brain, with the blind dark colored glasses, provides his own interpretation of what others are saying. We're talking about a LOCAL event, near KU, involving TWO basketball teams, raising FUNDS to HELP people greatly effected by far away natural tragedies. That would mean a game in the Sprint Center capable of drawing a full house, with the potential of adding pay for TV. That would have to be a KU/MU basketball game. That would mean being able to draw local fans (from two states) willing to pay to see such a game either live or on TV. Results: a sold out house, fans divvying up for pay TV, with how much to be raised yet to be determined. Will it raise more than a national endeavor would? No body in their right mind would suggest anyone is considering such a scenario, unless that would be JimWest who loves to twist what everyone else is saying or thinking to fit his own twisted mind.

#2022255 - 10/21/17 05:54 PM Re: BOYCOTT KU vs. MU [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Wasting 2 sentences on Jim West is a waste of time. But 52 likes to waste time with his lengthy ramblings. He is our own Garrison Keillor. With his Western Kansas Prairie Companion.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (10/21/17 05:56 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview