Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021528 - 10/10/17 09:08 AM What happens if
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

DB starts Stanley from here on out and we win two more games? Do we stay the course?

#2021529 - 10/10/17 09:34 AM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Stanley can't play on the defensive side of the ball, we won't win two more games regardless.

#2021531 - 10/10/17 10:17 AM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I don't think there's any chance coach Beaty is getting canned, especially before the season ends.

A few big money donors were still behind him(Beaty) up through at least last week. Not sure if any of those people or enough of them are willing to jump ship yet. If they don't, then coach Beaty will be here for all of next year too.

If I had to guess, I'd put it at 5 to 1 that coach Beaty is here at least through the end of 2018.

INation is right though, our main problems are on D. Our O took a step backwards last game, but our D just absolutely collapsed. They couldn't stop the run. They couldn't stop the pass. They really didn't do much of anything at all well, with MAYBE the exception of getting some pressure on the QB some of the time.

I don't think the D scheme gave our players the best chance to make plays. I also saw a lot of guys miss assignments on D and/or just make some really bad reads of the O. Guys so locked in on coverage that when the play was a run out wide to their side, they never broke coverage until the runner was basically already by them, LB's taking 2 to 3 steps in the wrong direction on plays, even when there was no misdirection, which took them completely out of the play and made what should have been a 2 to 4 yard gain a 12 to 15 yard gain or even more.

Lots of basic crap like that was just frustrating as hell to watch. If our D was even averagely assignment sound and disciplined we would have probably prevented around 21 to 28 of their points IMHO. No, 44-19 or 37-19 isn't a win but it's a hell of a lot more respectable than 65-19. I put that squarely on the DC and even some on the position coaches.

And just to be clear, that's not giving the HC a pass either. I'm sure coach Beaty signs off on the D scheme Bowen comes up with and that's his (Beaty) fault for signing off on it in their game planning.

In short, if we had an effective DC we'd probably have 2 more wins and a lot closer losses than we've had IMO.

This is probably for another thread but,I think losing those games to CMU and Ohio has dealt a big psychological blow to this team.

#2021533 - 10/10/17 10:42 AM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
What if unicorns are real? Is that your real question?

Edit: Topic is "What happens if". My questions above were a response to that topic. Mr. Paranoid...

Edited by KUCO_VOC (10/10/17 12:29 PM)

#2021536 - 10/10/17 12:02 PM Re: What happens if [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No.

In fact, I didn't have a question so don't know wtf you're talking about.

My point is, Beaty ain't getting fired as he's got, or at least up until very recently, the backing of several of our big money donors. If stating that fact is somehow questioning whether unicorns are real or not to you, then you've got a serious comprehension problem.

Do know any of the big money donors to KU? Are the ones you know putting pressure and/or money up to get coach Beaty fired?

If not, then you really don't have anything of pertinence to say here, now do you?

#2021539 - 10/10/17 12:33 PM Re: What happens if [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
No.

In fact, I didn't have a question so don't know wtf you're talking about.

My point is, Beaty ain't getting fired as he's got, or at least up until very recently, the backing of several of our big money donors. If stating that fact is somehow questioning whether unicorns are real or not to you, then you've got a serious comprehension problem.

Do know any of the big money donors to KU? Are the ones you know putting pressure and/or money up to get coach Beaty fired?

If not, then you really don't have anything of pertinence to say here, now do you?
No.

I don't know wtf is behind your diatribe, but reread my edited post, Mr. Reading Comp 101.

#2021540 - 10/10/17 12:48 PM Re: What happens if [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nice edit job.

You've consistently called 2 posters here unicorns and you replied directly underneath one of them, me, with that same label which clearly looked to be in response to what I had posted, in your original unedited version.

#2021541 - 10/10/17 12:51 PM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb
DB starts Stanley from here on out and we win two more games? Do we stay the course?
Just a thought about what starting Stanley could do for the team IMHO, is he could give them that spark of energy and enthusiasm they've seemed to be lacking all year. At least on the O side of the ball. That's part of his gamer mentality that he showed last year when starting. We may just have gotten those 4th down conversions and perhaps even scored a few more points IMO.

#2021542 - 10/10/17 12:58 PM Re: What happens if [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

You've consistently called 2 posters here unicorns and you replied directly underneath one of them, me, with that same label which clearly looked to be in response to what I had posted, in your original unedited version.
Both of you (unnamed posters) are no longer on my unicorn list. I should clarify. Recently, the Beaty beatings have convinced you two of the needs for this program. Starting to sound a lot like me, showing reality flashes. You are now off the hook...

#2021543 - 10/10/17 01:01 PM Re: What happens if [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Just a thought about what starting Stanley could do for the team IMHO, is he could give them that spark of energy and enthusiasm they've seemed to be lacking all year. At least on the O side of the ball. That's part of his gamer mentality that he showed last year when starting. We may just have gotten those 4th down conversions and perhaps even scored a few more points IMO.
My point all along was that Stanley is more in tune with the team as it currently stands. Beaty does not seem to appreciate his contributions in keeping this team from complete give up status. IMO.

#2021544 - 10/10/17 01:21 PM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Stanley and Bender didn't give up 65 points.

Stanley wasn't spectacular. Bender wasn't spectacular.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021553 - 10/10/17 04:14 PM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

My semi major booster friends in Lawrence tell me the consistent beatings on defense are causing semi major concerns about both Beaty and Bowen going forward after 2017.

#2021554 - 10/10/17 04:18 PM Re: What happens if [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Stanley and Bender didn't give up 65 points.

Stanley wasn't spectacular. Bender wasn't spectacular.
Totally agree that out scoring opponents isn’t the real problem. Beaty bullheadedness is one prob

#2021556 - 10/10/17 04:26 PM Re: What happens if [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

What happens if...KSUCK kills us ? Donors will be jumping ship like rats.

Don’t like Beaty saying he isn’t disappointed in 2017. Shows his disdain for the results so far.

#2021593 - 10/11/17 12:45 PM Re: What happens if [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I don't think there's any chance coach Beaty is getting canned, especially before the season ends.

A few big money donors were still behind him(Beaty) up through at least last week. Not sure if any of those people or enough of them are willing to jump ship yet. If they don't, then coach Beaty will be here for all of next year too.

If I had to guess, I'd put it at 5 to 1 that coach Beaty is here at least through the end of 2018.

If that's the case, place your 10-1 bets that old Memorial will be virtually empty in 2018. Season ticket sales will take another HUGE plunge and they won't even be able to announce those numbers in the "paid attendance at todays game" stat. For all intents and purposes, the KU Football program is DEAD. Retaining Beaty or Zenger isn't going to change that. And it isn't going to spur donations to a now totally unnecessary stadium upgrade.

Adding to the issue, unintentionally of course, was Zenger killing the points system and making contributions a free for all. Many of the folks I know who purchased FB tickets did so to maintain their seating in AFH. No need to do that anymore since Z effectively eliminated the need.

Unless DB figures out a way to win at least two of the remaining games. He's gone before he hits the recruiting trail in December of this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview