Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021514 - 10/09/17 11:16 AM No Longer an Iron Arse
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
For the first time since 1986, with no work obligations keeping me away from Memorial, I voluntarily chose to stay at home this past Saturday. I've been through Coach Val, Gameball, Turner Gill, and WTF Chuck. This is unbearable. I'm staying away until Sheahon Zenger is fired. I listened to the game, and his halftime promotion of the new volleyball facility was the last straw. Rome (football) is burning. Zenger is either doing nothing or is incompetent. Either way, he needs to go.

#2021519 - 10/09/17 01:38 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
bullpuphawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: McPherson, KS
Originally Posted By: Leawood
For the first time since 1986, with no work obligations keeping me away from Memorial, I voluntarily chose to stay at home this past Saturday. I've been through Coach Val, Gameball, Turner Gill, and WTF Chuck. This is unbearable. I'm staying away until Sheahon Zenger is fired. I listened to the game, and his halftime promotion of the new volleyball facility was the last straw. Rome (football) is burning. Zenger is either doing nothing or is incompetent. Either way, he needs to go.

Sad to say, there are many of us that have come to this decision. Agree 100%

#2021523 - 10/09/17 03:00 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Welcome to the "I am MAD AS HELL and not going to take it ANYMORE" attitude that I decided upon after only one year of DB. No more season tickets (after 41 years) not more WEF contributions (35 years of that aiding and abetting). My brother has been a holdout, but even he is about through. Once my brother stops his support, it will mark the end of 72 years of our families support to KU Football!

In all honesty, some of us long time old "iron arses" need to file a class action lawsuit against KU and get our money back.

#2021532 - 10/10/17 10:40 AM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: beenahawk]
hawkfan01 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas City
I've had season tickets 21 years. Unless Beaty really shows something these last 7 games, it will be my last until we have a program we can be proud of again. Arguing that a coach needs more time if he wins 1 game in year 3 (0 against the FBS) is a KU thing to do. If we bring him back after that, we deserve the shitty football we get.

#2021565 - 10/10/17 06:15 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
Unleashed Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Great post.
We feel the same way. There was a time when KSU was bad, Northwestern was bad, TCU was bad, we were bad...and we still ARE bad! WTF?
What I don't get is why we fired Mangino instead of putting him on double secret probation or something? He obviously was wrong, but I think we could have found another way to remedy that. He was the best thing that has happened to this program in 50 years and we fire him. Seriously, he could have saved us.

#2021567 - 10/10/17 07:04 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Unleashed]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I borrowed this link from goldwing on the Phog. KU had the worst P5 attendance in week 6.

https://www.allmysportsteamssuck.com/2017/10/09/ncaa-football-attendance-2017-week-six/

Edited by pizzanbeer (10/10/17 07:09 PM)

#2021816 - 10/14/17 01:13 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Do not go to another home game until Zenger is fired. I will give up my points and sit in the north bowl for the new A.D. Fire that twerp now. I hate that guy.

#2021821 - 10/14/17 01:30 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I am glad that I am not alone in my misery. I feel like a traitor not going to games, but I can't support a program that itself doesn't care on being successful even as much as I, Joe avg Fan, does.

Fire Zenger and get an AD that actually gives a FU)CK about fielding even an average program.

RCJHKU!

#2021866 - 10/14/17 03:12 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I admit it, I feel the same way, but I always seem to work myself back up just enough to show up by the next home game.

#2021870 - 10/14/17 03:16 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
No one can be happy about this garbage.

Our coach talked about a bowl at the beginning on the year. What a joke.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021871 - 10/14/17 03:18 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
No one can be happy about this garbage.

Our coach talked about a bowl at the beginning on the year. What a joke.

Sadly, I think he really believed his hype....shows he is not a good judge of his team.

#2021877 - 10/14/17 03:27 PM Re: No Longer an Iron Arse [Re: Leawood]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I dunno, we suffered a couple of key year ending injuries and then the discipline incident which lead to Quiv being kicked off the team along with a few other guys more or less being suspended for the year really hurt this team.

We just aren't anywhere near deep enough to endure any speed bumps, no matter how minor.

But I agree, the way this team came out playing this year, they really didn't play like a team that had a shot in hell of making a bowl game regardless of what adversities they did or didn't have preseason.

Preview