Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021496 - 10/08/17 10:55 PM KU +21 at Iowa State
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
I don't like ISU playing with a backup QB and coming down off an emotional high from the OU upset.

All the KU players and coaches will be playing as if their jobs are on the line.

I think ISU wins but I don't think they cover 21 points.

#2021498 - 10/09/17 12:43 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
As much as I hate to say it, I haven't seen a thing all season long that leads me to believe KU will come out fired up in any way. I really hope it isn't true, but that's what I expect.

I think ISU will grind it right over us all game long, so I don't think they'll hang a huge score on us, just a systematic demolition of our team from start to end.

They've actually got 3 legit All-conference type threats on O and I don't think we can stop any one of them. OU couldn't and their D is a lot better than ours.

I also don't think their D is too bad, so I don't think our O will be able to hang with the points their O will put on us.

I really really hope I'm wrong about all of this, but that's how it looks right now.

Probably makes your entire week, huh iowaboy...err casey?

#2021503 - 10/09/17 09:42 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: Kman_blue]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nah, Winning a game we are supposed to win doesn't make my week at all. KU is down and while I like to win, piling on a down program is not my gig. I am still pi$$ed you and your AD sent Mangino packing because he made one of your players "cry!" Then your a$$hole AD fired him. I know Mangino was a butthole. Hell, KU could of hired me and I would suck up the millions, drink lemonade and let the players coach themselves and wouldn't have done any worse.
NONE of us true Big 12 Fans get any JOY out of Kansas's position right now. They are perhaps the lowest they have been EVER and it reflects the conference as a whole. Hope you get better fast, just not against us. IB

BTW, Whos Casey?

Edited by iowaboy (10/09/17 09:43 AM)

#2021504 - 10/09/17 09:51 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: iowaboy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: iowaboy
Nah, Winning a game we are supposed to win doesn't make my week at all. KU is down and while I like to win, piling on a down program is not my gig. I am still pi$$ed you and your AD sent Mangino packing because he made one of your players "cry!" Then your a$$hole AD fired him. I know Mangino was a butthole. Hell, KU could of hired me and I would suck up the millions, drink lemonade and let the players coach themselves and wouldn't have done any worse.
NONE of us true Big 12 Fans get any JOY out of Kansas's position right now. They are perhaps the lowest they have been EVER and it reflects the conference as a whole. Hope you get better fast, just not against us.
I can't think of a single come back trash talk for this post. Maybe I can continue to rag on Goober instead.

#2021505 - 10/09/17 09:52 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: casey]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Would take back that ass|hole AD and the ass|hole coach any day over the clowns now.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021509 - 10/09/17 10:29 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: Kman_blue]
casey Offline
hello

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
As much as I hate to say it, I haven't seen a thing all season long that leads me to believe KU will come out fired up in any way. I really hope it isn't true, but that's what I expect.

I think ISU will grind it right over us all game long, so I don't think they'll hang a huge score on us, just a systematic demolition of our team from start to end.

They've actually got 3 legit All-conference type threats on O and I don't think we can stop any one of them. OU couldn't and their D is a lot better than ours.

I also don't think their D is too bad, so I don't think our O will be able to hang with the points their O will put on us.

I really really hope I'm wrong about all of this, but that's how it looks right now.

I get no joy from watching KU football suffer under Zenger. I do find the timing of the $350 million fundraising drive hilarious.

#2021516 - 10/09/17 11:54 AM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: casey

I get no joy from watching KU football suffer under Zenger. I do find the timing of the $350 million fundraising drive hilarious.

Take ISU and cough up the 21, and do fast, because the line may take a big jump and you could have a great shot at a middle if it went 24.5 or 25. OR if you're a little uneasy with the4 21, tease it down to 15 or 16 take ISU. I watched some of the ISU game last week, and though their defense may not be a lead pipe D, they are VERY physical. We will be outmanned, outcoached and outphysicalled

#2021521 - 10/09/17 01:55 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
It's the perception of a +21 against Iowa State that has to have Zenger shaking. My recollection is that a major reason he fired Gill was not just the losing, but the incredible lack of competitiveness that Gill's teams had. How is this any different, except Zenger hired Beatty after he'd whiffed on Weis?
We continue to make the same errors, and not just the players. It did take TT a whole 3:17 to score their first TD and about six minutes of possession time to score 21.

The first time the staff sent Stanley in to replace Bender they had to burn a timeout to get the proper package on the field. It's like they made it up at the moment.

And again, the offense made a good play, tried to speed up for the next snap and immediately threw an INT.

I didn't believe it was possible to follow Gill and Weis with anything as inept as they were. Wrong again.

#2021522 - 10/09/17 02:19 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: Jman1]
casey Offline
hello

Originally Posted By: Jman1

Take ISU and cough up the 21, and do fast, because the line may take a big jump and you could have a great shot at a middle if it went 24.5 or 25. OR if you're a little uneasy with the4 21, tease it down to 15 or 16 take ISU. I watched some of the ISU game last week, and though their defense may not be a lead pipe D, they are VERY physical. We will be outmanned, outcoached and outphysicalled

Line hasn't moved much early. Current consensus is ISU -20.5.

#2021538 - 10/10/17 12:09 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: iowaboy]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
BTW, Whos Casey?
It's that small town convenience store chain based out of Iowa. Oh, and the poster by the same name, who's original avatar was a photo of 1 of those stores who mysteriously seems to share a lot in common with you.

#2021558 - 10/10/17 05:32 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: Kman_blue]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nah, Park3319 has met me years ago. I came down for a Copperfest one February years ago. Beenahawk also, and a few others. Lived in Lawrence for two years and didn't like it much. Been a Iowan since 1964 with that exception. basically harmless. IB

#2021561 - 10/10/17 05:51 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: iowaboy]
casey Offline
hello

Nah, Park3319 has met me years ago. I came down for a Copperfest one February years ago. Beenahawk also, and a few others. Lived in Lawrence for two years and didn't like it much. Been a Iowan since 1964 with that exception. basically harmless. IB

I've only been to Ames once. It is the Stillwater of Iowa.

#2021583 - 10/10/17 09:58 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: casey]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

What would that be?

#2021584 - 10/10/17 10:29 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: iowaboy]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

What would that be?

The Manhattan of Oklahoma.

#2021696 - 10/13/17 08:36 PM Re: KU +21 at Iowa State [Re: JimWest]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: JimWest

What would that be?

The Manhattan of Oklahoma.

The Los Angeles of USA?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview