Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021534 - 10/10/17 11:06 AM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
MNJhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Orlando, FL
I have little faith in Beaty at this point and 0 faith in Bowen, but I would like to see Beaty at least get into next season to see some continuity for more than 2.5 years to at least build a roster of scholarship players

How would you guys feel about Adam Dorrel?

42 years old
76-8 at NW Missouri State
3 DII national championships
now at DI Abilene Christian and they seem to be getting better by the week.

If next year we still suck and he has Abilene winning games I wouldnt mind taking a risk on a winner

#2021546 - 10/10/17 01:26 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
If you hire anyone that's unproven at FBS level, you're not going to wow most people enough to bring them back to season ticket holders or even semi-frequent attendees at the games.

Do what WSU did and hire a PROVEN coach...or just leave it alone and spend the money on other programs.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021549 - 10/10/17 03:24 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: dgless21]
MNJhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Orlando, FL
Originally Posted By: dgless21
If you hire anyone that's unproven at FBS level, you're not going to wow most people enough to bring them back to season ticket holders or even semi-frequent attendees at the games.

Do what WSU did and hire a PROVEN coach...or just leave it alone and spend the money on other programs.

I dont think you are wrong but whoever is hired- if they start winning then our ST holders and donors and single game buyers come back really quick. I'd rather have a winner from a lower level than a Charlie Weis or Lane Kiffen big name. Obviously if we had a chance at a proven winner in the FBS level- i'll take that. I just am not sure we have that luxury.

Separate from this but it seems like a lot of times AD's will also put an emphasis on playing an exciting style to get people to attend games and get excited about the team rather than just winning. If we got a coach that won every game 10 to 3 we would start selling out again real quick

#2021550 - 10/10/17 03:33 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: MNJhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: MNJhawk
Originally Posted By: dgless21

I dont think you are wrong but whoever is hired- if they start winning then our ST holders and donors and single game buyers come back really quick. I'd rather have a winner from a lower level than a Charlie Weis or Lane Kiffen big name. Obviously if we had a chance at a proven winner in the FBS level- i'll take that. I just am not sure we have that luxury.

Separate from this but it seems like a lot of times AD's will also put an emphasis on playing an exciting style to get people to attend games and get excited about the team rather than just winning. If we got a coach that won every game 10 to 3 we would start selling out again real quick
10 to 3 implies we would have a great DC coordinator, which is not the case right now (or for a few prior years).

#2021551 - 10/10/17 03:48 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Charlie Weis and Lane Kiffin aren't proven winners or even close. They were both garbage coaches put in decent situations at ND and USC.

I was thinking more like Pelini or Les Miles if we're going to chase someone that washed out of another program.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021552 - 10/10/17 04:05 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Weis was a winner at ND natl coach of year. Just too old (injured) when Zenger overpaid for him. But I like both of your choices you suggest. Pelini would give us a not soft team.

Sorry but HS coaching isn’t grounds for hiring Beaty.

#2021557 - 10/10/17 04:35 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: KUCO_VOC]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Beaty on Clint Bowen: "My faith level is as high as its ever been. I think he's one of the finest around. ... It matters to him."

"Clint Bowen had his pay boosted by $100,000, according to salary information supplied by KU Athletics."

65 points, 603 yards. Earn it?

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/feb/10/offensive-coordinator-doug-meacham-highest-paid-ka/

Edited by pizzanbeer (10/10/17 05:06 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview