Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021450 - 10/07/17 06:54 PM Faith meter
jayhawk1985 Offline
Phog Fanatic

What is your optimism in our current coaching staff?(Serious)Do you believe they can still turn the program around? If not, who would you like the replacements to be?(actual coach's we have a shot at not fantasy picks like saban)

#2021451 - 10/07/17 07:12 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: jayhawk1985
What is your optimism in our current coaching staff?(Serious)Do you believe they can still turn the program around? If not, who would you like the replacements to be?(actual coach's we have a shot at not fantasy picks like saban)

Excellent question. I expected on field improvement this year. To date I have seen none so I can only assume during the third year this coaching staff has failed to recruit well enough and coach well enough to compete in div one football. I have no idea on who could be successful at ku.

#2021454 - 10/07/17 07:51 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: jayhawk1985

It's too early to hir ea replacement for D Beaty. But after 2019 season if he's cut loose, then maybe Frank Wilson, now at Texas-San Antonio, would be ready for a Big 12 gig.

SMU's Chad Morris would also be equally compelling then.

#2021455 - 10/07/17 07:58 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
jhawkblue Offline
John Brown

I had little faith when this current staff was hired and ZERO faith in this staff going forward.

we need an experienced group of 5 coach who has a proven ability in putting together a quality staff that can recruit and develop players and can develop a game plan designed around the talent available,

I would think it would be an older coach who is not worried about building his resume but in fixing a program

but none of this matters until Z is gone and if the chancellor hires a new A.D. that doesn't already have a coach and plan ready then it will be another failed hire at A.D.

#2021456 - 10/07/17 08:05 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: Saguaro_Jayhawk]
jayhawk1985 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Ok well to respond to that. Why do you believe he deserves till 2019? What can he do that a new coach couldn't in that time? Does this mean you have seen enough progress the last 2 and a half seasons to give him more time? The Players need to develop more but has HC Beaty developed as a coach in any noticeable way that gives you confidence in his ability to run KU?.......I'm not giving my opinion i just want a clear understanding and thought out constructive responses as to whats going with KU fanbase instead of the usual we suck fire everyone rah rah rah.

#2021477 - 10/08/17 02:04 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jhawkblue]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
I had little faith when this current staff was hired and ZERO faith in this staff going forward.

we need an experienced group of 5 coach who has a proven ability in putting together a quality staff that can recruit and develop players and can develop a game plan designed around the talent available,

I would think it would be an older coach who is not worried about building his resume but in fixing a program

but none of this matters until Z is gone and if the chancellor hires a new A.D. that doesn't already have a coach and plan ready then it will be another failed hire at A.D.

I think once Snyder retires from KSU he fits the bill. He is older, he will not be trying to build a resume and he has a proven track record of fixing programs(X 2). Problem solved all you long suffering Jayhawk fans

Edited by Jman1 (10/08/17 02:07 PM)

#2021491 - 10/08/17 09:02 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Dave Doeren is the guy I go after. Start at $3M with $3M or $4M for assistants.

Make him say no.

Then I'd tack on 500k to that offer.

Make him say no again.

I would think Kevin Kane as the DC if we're just firing Bowen.

Reasons I consider Doeren possible: He's from Shawnee Mission. Wife from Iowa.
He knows KU. He makes 2.2M, so we could offer him a raise realistically. He's only 45.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021515 - 10/09/17 11:24 AM Re: Faith meter [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

[quote=dgless21]Dave Doeren is the guy I go after. Start at $3M with $3M or $4M for assistants.

Make him say no.

Then I'd tack on 500k to that offer.

Make him say no again.

I would think Kevin Kane as the DC if we're just firing Bowen.

Reasons I consider Doeren possible: He's from Shawnee Mission. Wife from Iowa.
He knows KU. He makes 2.2M, so we could offer him a raise realistically. He's only 45. [/quotI don't think Doeren would ever consider KU. He's got it rolling now at NCSt and makes great money. Things will only get better as the ACC is "The" hot conference right now, and I'm sure recruiting at NCSt is far easier to recruit to than a dumpster fire in the middle of the country.

#2021517 - 10/09/17 11:58 AM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

With those circumstances, you give basically every coach a reason to say no, and you also give every coach a reason to leave if they somehow make KU good. So...we're fuc|ked.

Let's not act like we don't have the money to hire someone worthwhile away. NC State pays Doeren $2.2M; we paid Weis $2.75M.

It won't be driven by Zenger though. He's a big worthless bag o' s|hit.

#2021518 - 10/09/17 12:25 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

I'd like to see Chris Klieman get a shot to come back to Kansas. He has more wins vs Big 12 teams and D1A last 3 years.

#2021520 - 10/09/17 01:49 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with that hire.

Spend the money to hire someone that has proven he can do the job at the FBS level. No more of this gambling on FCS or coordinator BS.

We announce a $350M stadium, so we better have the money to hire a damn good head coach to fill it.

#2021524 - 10/09/17 03:14 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: dgless21]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
We announce a $350M stadium, so we better have the money to hire a damn good head coach to fill it.

At the rate Zenger and Beaty are losing fan support, it would take 40 or 50 years to justify spending that kind of money. Hell, the 30k in missing "unpaid" attendance per game is a net loss of between $9 and $15 million per season and it is only going to get worse.

The saddest part is Zenger has managed to effectively rule out ever hiring a top assistant. Somehow KU will need a true homerun hire and be required to pay the price. I'm not so sure a good non power 5 conference coach should even be considered.

Ah well, I suppose we can thank Lew Perkins for successfully killing two Kansas football programs.

#2021525 - 10/09/17 03:27 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: jayhawk1985]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Glen Mason would restore my faith, even though he was the worst third down and long defensive coach I ever saw.

#2021526 - 10/09/17 04:14 PM Re: Faith meter [Re: Leawood]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Glen Mason would restore my faith, even though he was the worst third down and long defensive coach I ever saw. Until now.

FYP

#2021530 - 10/10/17 10:04 AM Re: Faith meter [Re: Leawood]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Leawood
Glen Mason would restore my faith, even though he was the worst third down and long defensive coach I ever saw.

Mason's offenses were as good as anything we have seen the past 30 years. If Glen was running the show right now, we'd be playing some ball control smashmouth and giving the defensive some rest. That simply doesn't happen with Beaty and his Air Raid. I totally agree about the defense. Mase was the mastermind behind prevent defenses! I will never forget having the litterbox in a 1st and 35 back in 1994...3 straight 12 yard passes and it was good for another "Wildcat FIRST DOWN"!!!! Argh......."Don't get beat deep, just get beat!
My #1 Bowen concern from the very first time he got on the staff here was Clint played for Mase so his bread and butter "D" from childhood is "let them catch it, then tackle if possible." Sure seems we have that same theme as our current defensive philosophy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview