casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Impressive homecoming crowd.

#2021432 - 10/07/17 04:05 PM Re: 21,050 [Re: casey]
bullpuphawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: McPherson, KS
Might be 30,000 for KSU, but 20,000 will be wearing purple. Hate to think what it will be by the time Baylor comes to town

#2021457 - 10/07/17 08:28 PM Re: 21,050 [Re: casey]
KU7679 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

I don't think there were 21,500 at the stadium. In the middle of the west side there were far fewer than half the seats filled.

#2021462 - 10/07/17 09:30 PM Re: 21,050 [Re: KU7679]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
KUAD needs to understand that you shouldn't count as attendance all the empty blue seatbacks. As a matter of fact, those empty seatbacks are telling a more important story than the full ones.

#2021473 - 10/08/17 10:46 AM Re: 21,050 [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
No way there were that many actually there.

I looked around and estimated maybe 12,000 to 15,000 at kickoff. Maybe 5,000 by end of the game.

#2021494 - 10/08/17 09:16 PM Re: 21,050 [Re: Kman_blue]
Unleashed Offline
Junior Jayhawk

We have had FB season tix for over 25 years. I think next year we may just skip buying season tix and buy on line for $10 a pop. That is if I can bring myself to go. Are you listening athletic department?

#2021497 - 10/09/17 12:36 AM Re: 21,050 [Re: Unleashed]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I'm seriously thinking about doing something similar.

Haven't done that kind of thing since I was a kid and you could just hang around the stadium until about 5 minutes after kickoff and walk right in without a ticket for free. Did that several times during the coach Val era. Once you were in, you more or less had your pick of seats too.

#2021499 - 10/09/17 04:41 AM Re: 21,050 [Re: casey]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Admission was free under Terry Allen too.

#2021501 - 10/09/17 08:17 AM Re: 21,050 [Re: casey]
bullpuphawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: McPherson, KS
Apathy has already set in for this guy. I had attended every game this year, including the trip to Ohio, before Saturday. Granted, I had something that kept me home, but in the past, I would have skipped that and headed to the game. But as I sat here in my chair Saturday, watching the sh$$ show that was KU football, I decided that I was probably done going to games and would seriously consider not renewing my season tix next year. I sent Girod a second email this season ( haven't seen a response yet) after sending one from Ohio after that game. I have been a constant supporter through the past, but I'm now realizing that the administration must not care enough, so why should I.

#2021511 - 10/09/17 10:44 AM Re: 21,050 [Re: bullpuphawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: bullpuphawk
Apathy has already set in for this guy. I had attended every game this year, including the trip to Ohio, before Saturday. Granted, I had something that kept me home, but in the past, I would have skipped that and headed to the game. But as I sat here in my chair Saturday, watching the sh$$ show that was KU football, I decided that I was probably done going to games and would seriously consider not renewing my season tix next year. I sent Girod a second email this season ( haven't seen a response yet) after sending one from Ohio after that game. I have been a constant supporter through the past, but I'm now realizing that the administration must not care enough, so why should I.

Consider yourself "lucky"! Try supporting this crap sine the 1960's. Faithfully buying season tickets for more than 40 years! Contributing $$$$ to the WEF. Then along comes "Select-A-Seat".....but Admin cannot even support the fans who suffered for decades at all anymore. I mean honestly, the crappy football is something most KU fans will tolerate to some degree but KAI wants more and more while producing less and less. I said "F" them to start last season. Once the weather turns, there won't be 5,000 at the start of the games....what the hell is the point in attending? Every game is on the tube in some fashion anyway.

That said, this is the WORST I have ever seen it since I started attending games. My first game ever was against Texas Tech back in 1966. (We lost that one too!) Zenger needs to be terminated immediately, followed closely by Beaty and his entire staff. No one in their right mind would tie a stadium upgrade expansion package to a product like this! That alone is reason enough to fire "Z". Anyone who defends either Zenger or Beaty is totally bat crap crazy. This is year three, we might not have expected too many wins but.....these kids don't even resemble a football team. No one is going to convince me that DB inherited a program worse than what Bill Snyder found in 1989.....or that much worse than the one Mason found when he arrived here in 1988. By year three both Snyder and Mason had their respective teams on the verge on bowling. I would also remind KU fans that Coach Fambrough took KU to Bowls (when invites were a lot harder to come by!) in year THREE on both his stints as head man. Dave Beaty is apparently hanging his hat on beating SEMO! It is PAST time to clean the entire Athletic Department House of anything related to Beaty and Zenger.

Preview