Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021460 - 10/07/17 09:22 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Zenger is in charge of the staff, and he's a clown.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021466 - 10/07/17 10:28 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: dgless21]
Goober Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I've driven 330 miles one way to watch this year. Twice. I used to be a season ticket holder. Went to the Orange bowl. Gave up the season tickets when my son played college ball 4 years. I was optimistic for this year. I'm certainly off the bandwagon after today. We can't cover anybody. The two qb's swapping mid series even when we were moving the ball. It's obvious, once again, we need to hit reset. That sucks, but how much lower can we go? I think the cupboard isn't nearly as empty as when Beaty took the job. They just can't coach to a Power 5 level. I was willing to blame Bowen for most of our failures, as I thought the offense was good enough to win some games. Not after what I saw today. They're all part of the problem. Spend the money the next time we hire a coach and get a proven, experienced winner. Commit to winning.

#2021467 - 10/07/17 11:06 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Goober finally admits what I’ve said all along. A HS coach can’t suddenly become a P5 D1 successful HC. Said it all along.

#2021474 - 10/08/17 11:25 AM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jhawktalk
Or does it come at the end of the season......Or does he get to keep his job and we get to continue to be the longest running embarrassment of the NCAA? There's no reason he should be working on the staff after today.

Currently down 35-7 with 2 min left in the 1st half.
I think he's done enough to be fired effectively immediately, but I don't think they'll fire him. Not convinced they'll fire him after the season, unless some of the big money donors put pressure on Zenger to make it happen. Heard an off handed comment yesterday that may suggest 1 may be already at that point. so maybe it'll happen.

#2021479 - 10/08/17 05:08 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
You don't run up the middle for 10 yds untouched time after time. Rushing was supposed to be their weakness. Where where our LB's?

#2021480 - 10/08/17 06:00 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
You don't run up the middle for 10 yds untouched time after time. Rushing was supposed to be their weakness. Where where our LB's?
My disdain of Beaty is what you are now understanding as he is not a P5 D1 HC. Sooner we go towards picking up a real head coach the better.

#2021485 - 10/08/17 07:51 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Goober finally admits what I’ve said all along. A HS coach can’t suddenly become a P5 D1 successful HC. Said it all along.

Gerry Faust, anyone?

#2021486 - 10/08/17 07:56 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: bigdogjac]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Well. if you want to call them that, they were sipping lemonade and having crumpets with the girls from the I Wanna Date a Loser sorority and watching on TV

#2021487 - 10/08/17 08:10 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jman1]
Goober Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Shadup KUCO!! You'll say that regardless whom they hire. Unless they go 19-0 and win the National Championship. Even then you'll have some dumbass post to bring attention back around to yourself.

They need to figure out on, on this site, when you block some idiot, you can't see their dumbassedness when they post on somebody else.

Edited by Goober (10/08/17 08:15 PM)

#2021488 - 10/08/17 08:19 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: bigdogjac]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yea, aren't they NAIA All Americans?

#2021493 - 10/08/17 09:12 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Goober]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Goober
Shadup KUCO!! You'll say that regardless whom they hire. Unless they go 19-0 and win the National Championship. Even then you'll have some dumbass post to bring attention back around to yourself.

They need to figure out on, on this site, when you block some idiot, you can't see their dumbassedness when they post on somebody else.
Gobbles is upset b/c I was correct about Beaty. I don’t think Saban is my ideal, just ISU is my real goal. Be competitive is what I want.

#2021535 - 10/10/17 11:25 AM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Originally Posted By: casey
Bowen is done. He won't make it to Tuesday.

I don't think that's entirely fair, since there is ample blame to spread around, starting with Z's hiring of Charlie Weis. But with the $350 million fundraising thing quickly turning into an embarrassment, someone is going to have to be sacrificed. Bowen is the easy scapegoat.

I got this wrong. I wonder if Booth's enormous gift is conditioned on keeping all the current coaches and AD in place.

#2021537 - 10/10/17 12:06 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Don't think so, but I also don't think Beaty is going to fire Bowen without orders from the top to do so.

Not sure what good it would do to fire Bowen mid-season either, unless you've got someone with some solid P-5 level experience who needs a job to immediately come and fill in for the rest of the year.

#2021545 - 10/10/17 01:24 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: casey]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Originally Posted By: casey

I got this wrong. I wonder if Booth's enormous gift is conditioned on keeping all the current coaches and AD in place.

I suppose anything is possible, but under what scenario do you envision a guy with Booth's success putting up with this kind of performance in his business? And why would he want his name associated with and empty stadium?

Edited by PbBut (10/10/17 01:25 PM)

#2021547 - 10/10/17 02:18 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
There's no room for football in the Booth Hall of Athletics.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview