Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021413 - 10/07/17 01:00 PM Does Bowen get fired before seasons end?
Jhawktalk Offline
Baby Jay

Or does it come at the end of the season......Or does he get to keep his job and we get to continue to be the longest running embarrassment of the NCAA? There's no reason he should be working on the staff after today.

Currently down 35-7 with 2 min left in the 1st half.

Edited by Jhawktalk (10/07/17 01:01 PM)

#2021416 - 10/07/17 02:38 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
You mean does Beaty get fired? More games like this he will. Yes the defense has been bad, but the offense has been just as bad. This is going backwards. A few more games like this, and KU will clean house.

Oh and I am guessing KU will have a couple more players decommit after todays game.

#2021417 - 10/07/17 02:39 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Beaty can't get fired before Zenger, so Bowen will be the scapegoat if they all three don't go together.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021418 - 10/07/17 02:42 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: dgless21]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Beaty can't get fired before Zenger, so Bowen will be the scapegoat if they all three don't go together.

Then they are all gone if things keep up.

#2021419 - 10/07/17 02:43 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
To add to the embarrassment, FS1 just pulled the TV plug on the game.

#2021425 - 10/07/17 03:08 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: moose1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

No, I think they wait until after the season.

#2021426 - 10/07/17 03:30 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Bowen is done. He won't make it to Tuesday.

I don't think that's entirely fair, since there is ample blame to spread around, starting with Z's hiring of Charlie Weis. But with the $350 million fundraising thing quickly turning into an embarrassment, someone is going to have to be sacrificed. Bowen is the easy scapegoat.

#2021429 - 10/07/17 03:41 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Well. to Bowen's credit, he did take an all-Big XII defensive lineman and turn him into a namby pamby. So according to KUFB standards, he gets a contract extension through 2024

#2021431 - 10/07/17 03:57 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: Jhawktalk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Who replaces each?

Obviously Kane is the easy idea for Bowen...

Who you got for Beaty, Zenger?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021433 - 10/07/17 04:27 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: moose1]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
You mean does Beaty get fired? More games like this he will. Yes the defense has been bad, but the offense has been just as bad. This is going backwards. A few more games like this, and KU will clean house.

Oh and I am guessing KU will have a couple more players decommit after todays game.

Firing Bowen won't solve anything. I agree with Moose. If we played a game KU offense vs. KU defense, the defense would win.
Year 1 under DB we are bad, but I have hope for the future. One reason is we had a starting QB coming back. WRONG, DB decides Willis should not be the starter.
Year two: replay of year one. No, the starter was not awarded for his on field performance during the year. Instead we enter year three with competition at the QB position.Again the ch0ose of who should be the team leader through the off season was wrong.

#2021435 - 10/07/17 04:41 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: vmlb]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Originally Posted By: vmlb

Firing Bowen won't solve anything. I agree with Moose. If we played a game KU offense vs. KU defense, the defense would win.
Year 1 under DB we are bad, but I have hope for the future. One reason is we had a starting QB coming back. WRONG, DB decides Willis should not be the starter.
Year two: replay of year one. No, the starter was not awarded for his on field performance during the year. Instead we enter year three with competition at the QB position.Again the ch0ose of who should be the team leader through the off season was wrong.

I agree the D has frequently been cornered by the O this season. Too many short fields for Bowen's boys to defend.

But nobody has accused KAI of making a logical football decision in a decade.

#2021440 - 10/07/17 05:14 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: vmlb]
Jman1 Offline

I think the spring game showed that both are horrendous. The O seems to be making some progress. The D not so much

#2021441 - 10/07/17 05:16 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline

Originally Posted By: casey

I agree the D has frequently been cornered by the O this season. Too many short fields for Bowen's boys to defend.

But nobody has accused KAI of making a logical football decision in a decade.

That is complete BS. These teams march down the field in 2 minutes of game time and score to make it 21 Zip before the 7 minute mark of the first quarter. Now the KAI and athletic department are just as inept, in this situation. And you, Casey made the perfect statement: "for Bowen's boys to defend." Boys is the operative word

Edited by Jman1 (10/07/17 05:20 PM)

#2021444 - 10/07/17 05:48 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: vmlb]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

TT put up 65 points and 603 yards of offense. Bowen has to go.

#2021445 - 10/07/17 05:55 PM Re: Does Bowen get fired before seasons end? [Re: pizzanbeer]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

TT put up 65 points and 603 yards of offense. Bowen has to go.

Watch the game.... in almost every situation where one of ours was competing against one of theirs we lost the individual matchup. ... no matter whether it was on offense or defense. This team sucks. The coaches suck and the players suck. Nothing has changed since Gills first year. I don’t get it. Bowen worked under mason and mangino and Beaty worked under mangino. It shouldn’t be this hard to build a program that is at least competitive. I agree Bowen sucks... but so does the entire team and coaching staff.

Edited by track (10/07/17 05:56 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview