Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021307 - 10/04/17 10:27 AM Concerned safety attending game....???
shawneehawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, KS
How safe are we at games considering it is legal to carry firearms on campus?

#2021308 - 10/04/17 10:37 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Not safe at all, don't go.

#2021311 - 10/04/17 11:15 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Hawks on Politics board, dudes.

Where's the moderator(s)?

#2021313 - 10/04/17 12:17 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: shawneehawk

Did you feel safer when it was illegal to carry on campus? When you go to a place where it is illegal to carry do you feel safer? Do you think the guy who shot up Vegas, wouldn't have done it, had the hotel had a sign up that said he couldn't bring his guns in?

#2021314 - 10/04/17 01:39 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: vmlb

Did you feel safer when it was illegal to carry on campus? When you go to a place where it is illegal to carry do you feel safer? Do you think the guy who shot up Vegas, wouldn't have done it, had the hotel had a sign up that said he couldn't bring his guns in?
I put a sign up saying take your politics to another venue, and look how safe from politics (vmlb) it made me!!

Mods!!!

#2021315 - 10/04/17 01:48 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Safe spaces are an MU thing.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021330 - 10/04/17 04:59 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Don't go to any event as well. In fact board yourself up in your home or build a bunker and live in it.

#2021340 - 10/04/17 06:25 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Don't go to any event as well. In fact board yourself up in your home or build a bunker and live in it.
Jimmy has a home? News to me!!

#2021341 - 10/04/17 07:31 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Jimmy has a home? News to me!!

JimWest lives in the heart of every man.

#2021351 - 10/04/17 08:27 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Well maybe a part of many men lives inside Jim West...not too sure about what he stated...

#2021388 - 10/05/17 07:24 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: vmlb]
John_Brown Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: vmlb

Not to be political or anything, but I just finished a really good read called 'Stark Mad Abolitionists' by Robert Sutton. A lot of background on Amos Lawrence's role in the formation of the town I'd not seen afore. Anyways, the citizens of Lawrence had been drilling their militias fairly regularly from the beginning of the war til 1863 and were well armed w/ Sharps repeating rifles supplied from New England which were better weapons than the Border Ruffians Colts. The two Lawrence regiments had even campaigned into Missoura twice in 1861 where they'd helped turn back the Confederate General Sterling Price's first invasion of Missoura. They made a mistake, though, when they stored all the rifles in their armory and could not get access when the Missourians showed up at 7am. That decision I believe was the responsibility of Senator Lane and other politicians. Shows this debate has been going on for some time and carnage on Mass Street is a fact of life in Lawrence.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2021390 - 10/05/17 10:55 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
Goober Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Criminals ignore laws. Don't worry about the legal carrier. He'll likely be there to help long before the 911 response.

Memorial Stadium on Saturdays is going to be a long ways down the list of prime soft targets for the foreseeable future.

#2021404 - 10/06/17 04:22 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

Well, no one will be able to club you to death with a cushion or seatback...they might be able to suffocate you with a clear bag though. laugh

#2021500 - 10/09/17 04:45 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: Goober]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Goober
Criminals ignore laws. Don't worry about the legal carrier. He'll likely be there to help long before the 911 response.

Yeah, don't worry about the legal gun carriers like:

Seung-hui Cho
James Holmes
Adam Lanza
Stephen Paddock

You're totally safe around them!

etc

#2021506 - 10/09/17 09:53 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: JimWest]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I feel perfectly safe when a good guy in a crowd is carrying. NO problem in any way. I like the ides that if a Bad guy starts shooting people, it usually ends up a good guy kills him with a gun. Sweet. I could sit in a stadium with 20,000 people all with guns all day long easily. Hell, I did it in VietNam! Nice feeling being protected. IB

#2021507 - 10/09/17 09:55 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: beenahawk]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
beenahawk! Long Time no hear. IB

#2021508 - 10/09/17 10:25 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I'm with you on guns Iowaboy

#2021510 - 10/09/17 10:34 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
shawneehawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Yeah, yeah I get it...don't fall into the 'don't let them deny our freedom' mind set...who said anything about guns? I'm worried
about the number of paramedics and ER personal working the
game being able to attend to everyone stroking out or having
heart attacks watching this team!

#2021527 - 10/09/17 07:15 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

who said anything about guns?

#2021589 - 10/11/17 05:23 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: JimWest]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
who said anything about guns?

Ouch!

#2021605 - 10/11/17 05:44 PM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: shawneehawk]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Forget about the guns, you're in more danger of getting locked in a stall and no one finding you for a couple of years.

#2021620 - 10/12/17 09:38 AM Re: Concerned safety attending game....??? [Re: PbBut]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: PbBut
Forget about the guns, you're in more danger of getting locked in a stall and no one finding you for a couple of years.
LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview