Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021114 - 09/30/17 07:51 AM WHEREFORE ART THOU?
jahawker2004 Online   happy
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Imzcount?

Bad week for draining the swamp, huh?

Thought you would have posted at least a couple of threads about all the pissing away of taxpayer money by those in this billionaire boys club who like to travel the world in style.

Where's the outrage?

#2021203 - 10/01/17 01:13 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: az
Price was FIRED. So there ya go.

Edited by imzcount (10/01/17 01:14 PM)

#2021212 - 10/01/17 11:19 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: imzcount]
Freethinker

Was Mnuchkin fired? Pruitt? And all the rest?

How's that Draining The Swamp thing workin out for you?

How's the Repeal and Replace Obamacare thing coming along?

When's Mexico paying for that "big, beautiful wall"?

As they say in Texas: "all hat, no cattle".

#2021216 - 10/02/17 12:59 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
Was Mnuchkin fired? Pruitt? And all the rest?

How's that Draining The Swamp thing workin out for you?

How's the Repeal and Replace Obamacare thing coming along?

When's Mexico paying for that "big, beautiful wall"?

As they say in Texas: "all hat, no cattle".

As far as draining the swamp goes, that biggest sewer rat of all time Obama was flushed which makes me extremely happy.
O'care will die on its own.
As far as that "big beautiful wall" goes, fyi Donald Trump IS the wall as illegals have stopped flooding across Obama's open leaky sieve border.

#2021217 - 10/02/17 01:01 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
MICHHAWK Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
They all suck. left. Right. Right. Left. They all suck.

But I sure wish I could get me one of those jobs. Getting rich lining my pockets and only serving the needs and wants and wishes of my donors.

I hate em all. But I envy the hell out of them.

#2021223 - 10/02/17 01:35 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Wilt Chamberlain

To suggest that our elected officials are anything less than legalized organized criminals is to sell them short. That would be doing them an injustice.

#2021224 - 10/02/17 01:45 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
Wilt Chamberlain

The swamp won't allow being drained. The only thing they love more than they hate the other side, is their awesome organized legalized crime gig. The swamp won't allow its' self to be drained. The swamp is resilient.

#2021227 - 10/02/17 01:51 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Wilt Chamberlain

I wish I was rich enough to buy me some swamp slither'ers. But i'm not.

#2021269 - 10/03/17 03:46 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: imzcount]
Freethinker

Imzcount--You are so full of misinformation and right-wing talking points it is amazing your head doesn't explode.

Who are the people who had to resign from the Obama White House because they ripped off the taxpayers in order to fly themselves and their wives around in private jets to solar eclipses and lavish around the world junkets? Back it up--what are their NAMES?

Obama deported more illegals than ANY other president in US history. By the end of his presidency, more illegals were returning hmoe than trying to cross the border illegally.

Now, again, WHEN IS MEXICO GONNA START PAYING FOR THAT WALL?

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to understand something--there is NEVER going to be a wall. If you really believe he plans to build one you are naive and embarassingly gullible.

And while I'm at it--give us ONE example of a piece of legislation this president and the GOP Congress has passed that they PROMISED to the American people?

That's right--nothing. "All hat, no cattle".

Edited by jahawker2004 (10/03/17 03:53 PM)

#2021280 - 10/03/17 06:34 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline

Imzcount--You are so full of misinformation and right-wing talking points it is amazing your head doesn't explode.

Who are the people who had to resign from the Obama White House because they ripped off the taxpayers in order to fly themselves and their wives around in private jets to solar eclipses and lavish around the world junkets? Back it up--what are their NAMES?

Obama deported more illegals than ANY other president in US history. By the end of his presidency, more illegals were returning hmoe than trying to cross the border illegally.

Now, again, WHEN IS MEXICO GONNA START PAYING FOR THAT WALL?

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to understand something--there is NEVER going to be a wall. If you really believe he plans to build one you are naive and embarassingly gullible.

And while I'm at it--give us ONE example of a piece of legislation this president and the GOP Congress has passed that they PROMISED to the American people?

That's right--nothing. "All hat, no cattle".

It takes two to tango and therefore Trump can't be blamed if the idiotic Congress can't get their act together. They should be held accountable for doing nothing but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe just maybe a tax reform bill will pass and a sorely needed infrastructure bill will pass otherwise we will soon go down the path resembling third world country status. I'm hoping for the economy to boom with GDP rising to provide the dollars needed for the government spending.

#2021286 - 10/03/17 07:53 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: imzcount]
Freethinker

There you go again.

There will be NO infrastructure bill. Right-wingers hate the idea of the federal government creating jobs or doing ANYTHING for the average American.

The tax "reform" to be offered is just a massive cut or elimination of taxes for wealthy Americans and the multi-national corporations.

It will resemble what Brownback did in Kansas. You know--raise taxes on the middle class and the poor while allowing the rich to suck off the rest of us.

How did that work out here in Kansas? lol!

#2021301 - 10/03/17 09:27 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia

#2021310 - 10/04/17 10:53 AM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline

There you go again.

There will be NO infrastructure bill. Right-wingers hate the idea of the federal government creating jobs or doing ANYTHING for the average American.

The tax "reform" to be offered is just a massive cut or elimination of taxes for wealthy Americans and the multi-national corporations.

It will resemble what Brownback did in Kansas. You know--raise taxes on the middle class and the poor while allowing the rich to suck off the rest of us.

How did that work out here in Kansas? lol!

You act like you know what the new tax reform bill will look like before it's even passed. Care to predict where the stockmarket will be in 2020? lol

#2021318 - 10/04/17 02:06 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: imzcount]
Freethinker

Even GOP hard-liners don’t believe in Trump’s tax plan

By Jennifer Rubin

For Republicans over the past 30 years, “Cut the top marginal tax rate!” has been akin to motherhood, baseball and apple pie. The dogma of supply-side economics and its corollaries (e.g. “tax cuts pay for themselves”) have been a key part of every GOP presidential candidate’s platform since 2000 and every budget from Paul Ryan (even before he became House speaker). Right-leaning media, House and Senate Republicans and think-tank pundits generally have insisted that widening the wealth gap (by giving disproportionate tax breaks to the rich) was not only acceptable but also essential for prosperity.

It’s not surprising that the Goldman Sachs-staffed Cabinet and a real-estate billionaire president would follow suit. What is surprising is that the rollout is going so badly that the most dogmatic Republicans, the Freedom Caucus, are willing to at least partially jettison a tax giveaway to the rich. Politico reports:

House conservatives — desperate for a win on tax reform — are open to nixing some newly proposed tax cuts on the wealthy, challenging the GOP’s tax-cuts-for-all orthodoxy.

Multiple House Freedom Caucus members said they’d support maintaining the 39.6 percent tax rate on upper-income earners instead of reducing it to 35 percent under the current GOP plan. President Donald Trump, concerned about Democratic accusations that his tax proposal would be seen as a boon to the wealthy, urged Hill Republicans to consider keeping the current top rate as is to pre-empt those attacks.

While they are at it, Freedom Caucus members should dump repeal of the estate tax, which benefits only estates worth more than $5.49 million (per person) and the 25 percent pass-through rate, which benefits only the wealthy who’d otherwise be paying the higher 39.6 percent rate. In other words, if they are ready to concede that tax cuts for the wealthy are economically unnecessary and politically toxic, why not dump all the breaks for the rich, just as Democrats have demanded?

Next, the Freedom Caucus might regain its fiscal bona fides by insisting that the tax plan not unleash a torrent of red ink. Michael R. Strain of the conservative American Enterprise Institute makes the case:

Over the next 10 years, the plan, as currently construed, will add over $2 trillion to the national debt. This will crowd out private investment, increase interest rates and reduce long-term growth, undoing the good done by a lower corporate rate. . . . Tax reform should be fiscally responsible, and this framework ain’t that.

And wouldn’t you know, a revenue-neutral tax reform plan is another demand from Senate Democrats. A deficit-neutral bill would also satisfy skeptics such as Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who has vowed not to make our long-term debt problem even worse.

So, if rock-ribbed conservatives are willing to jettison tax breaks for the rich and embrace deficit neutrality and if both would cement GOP and Democratic support, why not, you know, write the bill in tandem with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.)? Schumer promised that with those two elements — no tax breaks for the rich and no added debt — a tax bill could attract Democratic support. Republicans wouldn’t need to resort to partisan bulldozing through reconciliation. Through regular order, they’d gain Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) support, too.

The answer as to why this likely will not come to pass is as vulgar as it is obvious: Trump, his Cabinet, his rich friends and big GOP donors want big tax cuts for themselves. As Trump’s behavior (e.g. retaining properties he hawks from the White House, doubling the membership fee at Mar-a-Lago) suggests, his philosophy seems to be: If you cannot make money in office, why bother holding office at all?

If Republicans can get past Trump’s and his ilk’s greed, they might be able to pass an economically more coherent bill, reverse widening income inequality and rack up a nice, juicy bipartisan win. You wonder how long it will take a party desperate for a political win to figure that out.

Edited by jahawker2004 (10/04/17 02:07 PM)

#2021387 - 10/05/17 06:41 PM Re: WHEREFORE ART THOU? [Re: jahawker2004]
imzcount Offline

Most Presidents became rich (richer) after leaving office,(including Obama) Oh wait Hilliarious said that she and Bill were dead broke. lol

Preview