Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021158 - 09/30/17 04:36 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: KUCO_VOC]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I could see TN Vols replace their HC after this season so their DBs coach would be available. Their DBs coach is Charlton Warren and his bio says he led them to a #10 ranking for pass defense last season. He is from Atlanta so he should have recruiting connections in the southeast. Warren graduated from the Air Force academy so he should fit in well with the experience Hull had at NASA.

#2021185 - 09/30/17 09:29 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
If Ed Orgeron gets the boot at LSU then maybe we could get their DB coach Corey Raymond. LSU was ranked # 27 on passing yards per attempt last season. Raymond played CB in the NFL for 6 seasons and this is his 6th season of coaching DBs at LSU. Hiring him would help our recruiting in Louisiana and also could help us with Corione Harris.

LSU lost to Troy so it is looking more likely that Beaty will get a chance to hire Raymond.

#2021193 - 10/01/17 02:32 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I know the score was close, but Troy took it to em.

Troy was playing bulldozer football against them for most of the game and winning. They sprang out to a 17-0 lead before LSU got their footing and realized they were in a real game. Too late, but they did come back to make it close.

Troy was way underrated and to me it looked like LSU didn't take them seriously until they got smacked in the mouth a few times by Troy.

#2021206 - 10/01/17 08:11 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Barry Odom

#2021231 - 10/02/17 06:55 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
If Ed Orgeron gets the boot at LSU then maybe we could get their DB coach Corey Raymond. LSU was ranked # 27 on passing yards per attempt last season. Raymond played CB in the NFL for 6 seasons and this is his 6th season of coaching DBs at LSU. Hiring him would help our recruiting in Louisiana and also could help us with Corione Harris.

LSU lost to Troy so it is looking more likely that Beaty will get a chance to hire Raymond.
Beaty isn't going to fire Bowen unless he is forced to. Enough of this talk.

#2021238 - 10/02/17 10:16 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk

Beaty isn't going to fire Bowen unless he is forced to. Enough of this talk.
It's the only thing Zenger can do, other than resign if Bowen continues to put fishwrap out there week after week. Gravy train has to stop sometime.

#2021247 - 10/03/17 11:44 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Orgeron isn't going anywhere for a season or two, unless some booster(s) come up with literally a boatload of cash. Coach O's Buyout clause is $12million. Now the assistants and support staff is another story. Gotta cut bait at some point. LSU fans are absolutely FURIOUS over this years debacle. Besides, not so sure any of these guys getting fired would be any sort of upgrade

#2021249 - 10/03/17 12:15 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: Jman1]
Wilt Chamberlain

LSU's misfortunes could benefit KU still. Kelvin Joseph just decommitted from them and he was one of the guys who visited KU with Jason and Harris. I believe he's also good friends with them too.

I know a lot will say KU is in worse shape or at best no better shape than LSU is right now, but KU is in a good spot to get Joseph IMHO.

Coach O at LSU has a team of top 20 caliber talent and they're playing like a team of middle 60 level talent. Could be 1st year adjustments, etc. or could be he's not a good coach. Seems to me he's not a very good coach as he came in and immediately alienated a bunch of their recruiting connections within the state of Louisiana and some LSU boosters. They're still getting a good share of the Louisiana recruits simply because they're LSU, but it's hurt them in recruiting locally still.

As more proof their in-state recruiting has taken a hit from Orgeron's actions, I know of at least 2 other LSU commits who've inquired about KU behind the scenes. That was a while ago, but it shows that some of their commits were and I believe still are kind of looking around at least. Joseph's decommit just adds to that thought for me.

#2021260 - 10/03/17 02:54 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I had heard that the DT (Jenkins?) that (de)committed early to KU had reached back out to KU.

Do you know who the other was?

Hopefully it was Kenan Jones.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021273 - 10/03/17 04:25 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: dgless21]
Jman1 Offline

LSU futility this year and ineptitude will be some other schools' fortune. But probably in the SEC. Fortunately, some of the closer schools like Ole Miss and MS ST have shown they are having issues as well, and the impending doom that looms over Ole Miss could send recruits scattering. Florida State not exactly setting it off either with a late win V Wake(but I will say Wake looked solid in that game, and would prolly light us up by 20-28).

The connection with Hull might be enough to keep these current commits on board, and maybe get one or two more from the bayou, but I would think there needs to be discernable improvements over the next several games(i.e., season).

#2021275 - 10/03/17 06:00 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Official attendance numbers are declining SEMO 32k, CMU 28k, WV 24k. After watching Bowens defense I do not see another win on the schedule. I expect attendance numbers will continue to decline except when the KSUck fans invade Lawrence for their epic beat down of KU. How many points and yards will Bowens defense have to give up to get him fired? KU football is unwatchable because of his pathetic defense.

I agree that we cannot get the DB coach from LSU. Orgerons buyout is too big so he will be there next year. That LSU AD was stupid to agree to such a large buyout for Orgeron.

#2021295 - 10/03/17 08:48 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
Wilt Chamberlain

Coach O was seen as a home run hire by a lot of LSU insiders so it seemed smart to lock him in at the time.

#2021296 - 10/03/17 08:51 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
I had heard that the DT (Jenkins?) that (de)committed early to KU had reached back out to KU.

Do you know who the other was?

Hopefully it was Kenan Jones.
Wasn't Jones as I recall it.

#2021303 - 10/03/17 10:24 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: Jman1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Jman1
LSU futility this year and ineptitude will be some other schools' fortune. But probably in the SEC. Fortunately, some of the closer schools like Ole Miss and MS ST have shown they are having issues as well, and the impending doom that looms over Ole Miss could send recruits scattering. Florida State not exactly setting it off either with a late win V Wake(but I will say Wake looked solid in that game, and would prolly light us up by 20-28).

The connection with Hull might be enough to keep these current commits on board, and maybe get one or two more from the bayou, but I would think there needs to be discernable improvements over the next several games(i.e., season).

You make a good point. With Mizzou, Ark, Ole Miss and LSU having a bad season this is a golden opportunity for Beaty to clean up in recruiting. Too bad Bowens defense is holding him back.

#2021312 - 10/04/17 12:13 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
Jman1 Offline

You mean that Mickey Mouse defense that is usually run at the middle school level? That Defense? Or, lack thereof

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview