Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021152 - 09/30/17 03:54 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
UConn defense is not quite at KU level. Their DL just had a sack on a blitz. They made up for it with a roughing the kicker penalty on the SMU punt giving SMU a 1st down.

SMU TD on a run play through a bunch of UConn arm tackles. That is just the kind of tackling I was craving on a KU bye week.
Bowen has a twin or is it a clone situation?

Kman probably thinks there is a whole lotta lying going on.

#2021156 - 09/30/17 04:21 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
So, I take it you did NOT watch the USC - Wash St. game.

If you lie about my actions or my words, you're gonna have a problem with me.

You can lie all you want about anything and everything else you want and I'll just not respect much, if anything you have to say, but have at it.

#2021157 - 09/30/17 04:29 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
UConn defense is not quite at KU level. Their DL just had a sack on a blitz. They made up for it with a roughing the kicker penalty on the SMU punt giving SMU a 1st down.

SMU TD on a run play through a bunch of UConn arm tackles. That is just the kind of tackling I was craving on a KU bye week.
Dang man!

You really like wallowing in misery huh? LOL

#2021164 - 09/30/17 06:48 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

It was good to see Ohio squeak out a win vs 0-6 UMass. That makes our loss look a lot better.

#2021165 - 09/30/17 06:53 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I am not insane.
LOL!

#2021173 - 09/30/17 07:31 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
No it's not.

Barely making a bowl and barely missing a bowl is pretty close. You act like the 2nd year team was competing for a Big 12 title and then fell off the face of the Earth.

Quote:
The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"?

Maintaining around a .500 record is sustained success for KU football.

Quote:
(see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

I see you back peddling after you were called out for being an inarticulate fast food eater. Sorry, but quotation marks don't actually express what you think they do.

Quote:
And yes, 4-7 and no bowl game is a noticeable dropoff from a 6-6 regular season and a bowl loss.

lol

No, it isn't.

Quote:
2-10
6-7
4-7

Is not sustained success.

I'll agree. It looks like marked improvement followed by setting a new standard of success.

Quote:
Now,

7-5
6-6
12-1
8-5

Looks a lot more like sustained success. You know winning more than you lose.

lol

Ok, when this new guy has 3 more years to completely destroy the program you and your best friend Zenger can ride off into oblivion with it.

#2021190 - 10/01/17 02:16 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
No it's not.

Barely making a bowl and barely missing a bowl is pretty close. You act like the 2nd year team was competing for a Big 12 title and then fell off the face of the Earth.
Exaggerate much? 4-7 is more than barely missing a bowl game though.

The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"?

Maintaining around a .500 record is sustained success for KU football.

So you're effectively arguing against your initial post. Glad you agree with me now.

(see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

I see you back peddling after you were called out for being an inarticulate fast food eater. Sorry, but quotation marks don't actually express what you think they do.

Yes, yes it does.

According to multiple authorities and references, Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, and that's exactly what I did both times. You're apparently ignorant of this usage.

It's been common usage within the English language and American culture for decades now. Not my fault you don't actually know what it means. Seems your education failed you here.

And yes, 4-7 and no bowl game is a noticeable dropoff from a 6-6 regular season and a bowl loss.

lol

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is. Big difference from missing a bowl game by 2 wins and making a bowl game. HUGE in practical terms especially.

lol

Ok, when this new guy has 3 more years to completely destroy the program you and your best friend Zenger can ride off into oblivion with it.
Nice deflection attempt here. No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

#2021194 - 10/01/17 02:34 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Exaggerate much? 4-7 is more than barely missing a bowl game though.

lol ok

Quote:

So you're effectively arguing against your initial post. Glad you agree with me now.

My initial post? What initial post? Oh, I'm supposed to divine your meaning here again probably.

Quote:

Yes, yes it does.

According to multiple authorities and references, Use quotation marks to indicate words used ironically, and that's exactly what I did both times. You're apparently ignorant of this usage.

It's been common usage within the English language and American culture for decades now. Not my fault you don't actually know what it means. Seems your education failed you here.

lol

SO MANY SOURCES IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVIDE A SINGLE CITATION

Not that it matters. Basic stuff here, really. If you are relying on extrinsic information to make your point without referencing it and expecting others to just guess what you mean, you are a complete failure.

Quote:
Yes, it is. Big difference from missing a bowl game by 2 wins and making a bowl game. HUGE in practical terms especially.

Yeah, it is huge for you revisionist morons that think Beaty deserves 6 whole seasons to prove how bad he is.

Quote:
Nice deflection attempt here.

Deflection from what? What made it a good attempt?

Quote:
No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

3+3=6, but you knew that already.

#2021195 - 10/01/17 03:46 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

My initial post? What initial post? Oh, I'm supposed to divine your meaning here again probably.
Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy...the one where you put out 4-7 as proof of sustained success.

Here it is:
Mark Mangino year 3: 4-7

That's hardly a dropoff from the 2nd year. Rather, it is demonstrable improvement and indeed sustained success from when he took over.
Have to divine that one from me do ya??

lol

SO MANY SOURCES IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVIDE A SINGLE CITATION
Didn't want to do the leg work for you, as that should be your responsibility, but here's a few.

Quotation marks reveal the use of sarcasm, irony, euphemisms, or slang.

to introduce a word or phrase used as an ironic comment, as slang

quotation marks placed around a word or phrase to signal that a term is being used in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.

Shall I go on, or is 3 enough for you?

Yeah, it is huge for you revisionist morons that think Beaty deserves 6 whole seasons to prove how bad he is.
Now you're going the kuco route? Making shi|t up I never said anywhere in any post, nor ever implied even in any post. And how exactly is stating the factual record of Mangino revisionist history?

Nice deflection attempt here.

Deflection from what? What made it a good attempt?
Deflection from your dumb post claiming that 4-7 is proof of sustained success and you're right it wasn't a good attempt.

No mention by me of either person in response to your post nor any mention by me of 3 more years for anyone.

3+3=6, but you knew that already.
Yes, and 2+2=...wait I shouldn't tell and let you try to figure it out so you can claim I'm being a bad communicator and you need extraordinary divining power to figure it out as you have several times now with other just as obvious and easily understood subjects I've alluded to.

And again, no mention by me anywhere in any thread of 3 more years for anyone, so you pulling 6 years out of your ass is bizarre.

#2021196 - 10/01/17 03:47 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

And I also take it that you too did not watch any of the USC - Wash St. game either.

#2021200 - 10/01/17 09:06 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
And I also take it that you too did not watch any of the USC - Wash St. game either.
I will take your tactic of being literal when your intent in posting was completely different on this topic. NO I didn't watch the game. HOWEVER, your comment of how many years it takes to get a program right in football was a indirect nudge about our program in Lawrence. No, it shouldn't take this long by Beaty to show more direct improvement in the bottom line (wins). Poor tackling, assignments blown, too many people having to help the leaky secondary, and finally turnovers, are proof of a lack of program stability directly the blame of David Beaty and his selected staff in their third season of games.

Since others on here also took away the analogy you were attempting, I can see why you have no further comment.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview