Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021137 - 09/30/17 02:08 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Here comes some KUCO quote mangling and a misdirection to make this about Beaty.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021138 - 09/30/17 02:22 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Much like KU in Mangino's 2nd year, they had a weak schedule and caught some lucky breaks to make it happen. Impressive they took advantage of that still, but as the results of their year 3's prove, it wasn't a sustained success yet. Neither coach at either job had sustained success until they got to year 4. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Mark Mangino year 3: 4-7

That's hardly a dropoff from the 2nd year. Rather, it is demonstrable improvement and indeed sustained success from when he took over.

#2021139 - 09/30/17 02:22 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Here comes some KUCO quote mangling and a misdirection to make this about Beaty.
kman brought this on, dude. He wants at least six seasons for DB b/c after all Leach needed that. As soon as I disputed that, kman disappeared. Now you

#2021140 - 09/30/17 02:23 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: dgless21]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I am considering watching UConn vs SMU today. UConn has a similarly ranked defensive secondary compared to KU. UConn is only 1-2 so far but I plan to cheer them on to 1-3. As a KU fan I need my Saturday fix of bad pass coverage and losing.

BTW Boston College 28 CMU 8. Shane Morris, 21-42, 171 yds, 3 interceptions, 0 TDs.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/30/17 03:32 PM)

#2021141 - 09/30/17 02:26 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Only Mangino's first season had fewer than 4. No coach since Mangino has even had 4 wins.

#2021142 - 09/30/17 02:31 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
I am considering watching UConn vs SMU today. UConn has a similarly ranked defensive secondary compared to KU. UConn is only 1-2 so far but I plan to cheer them on to 1-3. As a KU fan I need my Saturday fix of bad pass coverage and losing.

BTW Boston College leads CMU 28-8 late in the 3rd quarter.
LOL. No Beaty Beatings this week. Next episode in a week.

It's a miniseries.

#2021143 - 09/30/17 02:39 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Exceptional reading comprehension skills. Kman doesn't mention Beaty in any of his posts.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021144 - 09/30/17 02:44 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Now if you want to bleed my opinions about what coach Leach has done over onto coach Beaty, it's not an apples to apples comparison. The situations they both entered are quite different. You can dismiss it all you want, but the roster situation Weis left us in was just atrocious and has no real parallel in all of P-5 football. That was 100% Weis's fault. As there's no quick roster fixes in college football like free agency or an unlimited number of new scholarships you can hand out, there's no way to recover from that quickly. The kind of hole we were in takes years to dig out of no matter how good the new coach is.

If 1 team has a bunch of well recruited experienced players and the other has a bunch of walkons and little experience, the later is going to lose 99% of the time no matter the coach. This isn't bball where 1 or 2 good players can save your ass and win games for you despite the other guys not being up to par.

If it took a very good coach, like coach Leach, 4 years to get things up and running well at a school that had no such massive roster limitations then it's gonna take longer at KU because of the unique abysmal roster situation we were in. The uniqueness of how depleted our roster was when Weis left can not be overstated. You just can't make a straight comparison to any other P-5 program because of that. Hell, our roster still isn't up to normal D-1 levels yet. That won't happen until next year.

That's not a 100% endorsement of coach Beaty nor an excuse for "6 years of unaccountability" either. It's week 5 of year 3 right now. I think coach Beaty has done a lot of things right so far and should be given a minimum of 4 years to see how he can do, but I've also been critical of a lot of things too despite what some posters here apparently think. I see some improvements on the field overall, but I also see some things not improving on the field that I think we should begin seeing signs of by now. IMO The book remains open on how good of a coach Beaty will be. I don't think he's gonna be the next Urban Meyer or Saban, but I also don't think he's gonna be another coach Val or John Blake (look him up if you don't know).

#2021145 - 09/30/17 02:46 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Same predictable crap.
Yes, from kman and you.
The only thing predictable is your constant LYING. You wouldn't know the truth or honesty if they bit you in the ass and slapped you senseless.

#2021146 - 09/30/17 02:56 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: JimWest]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Mark Mangino year 3: 4-7

That's hardly a dropoff from the 2nd year. Rather, it is demonstrable improvement and indeed sustained success from when he took over.
No it's not.

The year before he took over, gameball went 3-9. Now 4-7 is your definition of sustained "success"? (see how I used quotes there? You may want to pay attention to that as you missed it last time I used quotes in this way. I could explain it thoroughly and simply if you're still unable to comprehend whats being communicated as you also missed a lot of that last time too.)

And yes, 4-7 and no bowl game is a noticeable dropoff from a 6-6 regular season and a bowl loss.

2-10
6-7
4-7

Is not sustained success.

Now,

7-5
6-6
12-1
8-5

Looks a lot more like sustained success. You know winning more than you lose.

#2021147 - 09/30/17 03:02 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
kman brought this on, dude. He wants at least six seasons for DB b/c after all Leach needed that. As soon as I disputed that, kman disappeared. Now you
WTF are you talking about?

I'm right here. Right now. I never went anywhere.

What else do you want to LIE about?

I NEVER once said anything close to what you claim in the underlined part of your dishonest ignorant insane post.

#2021148 - 09/30/17 03:17 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Either 1 of you numbnuts even watch any of the game this thread was supposed to be about?

#2021149 - 09/30/17 03:25 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I am not insane.

#2021150 - 09/30/17 03:28 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Kman has to be the lead cheerleader for D Beaty next game.

Blowing glitter all over.

#2021151 - 09/30/17 03:41 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

UConn defense is not quite at KU level. Their DL just had a sack on a blitz. They made up for it with a roughing the kicker penalty on the SMU punt giving SMU a 1st down.

SMU TD on a run play through a bunch of UConn arm tackles. That is just the kind of tackling I was craving on a KU bye week.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/30/17 03:45 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview