Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2021103 - 09/30/17 01:06 AM USC at Wash St.
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
The pirate has WSU looking like some of his best TTech teams right now.

Took him 6 seasons to get there. He got things up and going well by his 4th season there, but this team looks like it's back up to the level of his best teams at Tech now.

Been an exciting game so far. We'll see if USC can pull it off in the final seconds or maybe force overtime now.

#2021104 - 09/30/17 01:08 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well that didn't take long. Game over USC turnover.

#2021105 - 09/30/17 01:29 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Leach's post game 1st Q&A:

ESPN Studio Announcer, "Hey coach what's it like out there?"

Leach, "There's a lot of people. It's like Woodstock except everybody's got their clothes on."

LOL

#2021106 - 09/30/17 02:12 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Your facts are incorrect. Started as HC at WSU in 2012 & took his team bowling at the end of second season. No "over six seasons to get there". I know you want DB to get six years of unaccountability, I get it.

#2021109 - 09/30/17 07:34 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I would still give my left nut to have hired Leach when Herpe Derp was canned. He'd fit in PERFECTLY in Lawrence, with no pressure to win, and just run a good, strong program.

Unfortunately, with the shitshow we've become, I fear what level of candidates we could attract. Have to stick with Beaty, who I think is very slowly digging us out of the Frontbutt crater that NEVER should've happened. I still wonder what Zenger has on Self that keeps him here.

Looking forward to going to bed tonight without another loss on our record!

RCJHKU!

#2021118 - 09/30/17 08:46 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
HawksFB Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I watched the game and felt Wazzu, Leach, etc. does look alot like KU. Can't wait for the product on the field to be similar, if not the same of better!

With all due respect Hawkhead, Leach most likely would have been fired as well due to needing time to implement his system. KU fans have been very quick with the hook on the last two coaches (albeit, it was the right call to fire them), but I'm guessing that Leach probably wouldn't have been granted a Year-4 at that time. With the program in its current state, he would (as Beaty will.)

#2021120 - 09/30/17 08:50 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Your facts are incorrect. Started as HC at WSU in 2012 & took his team bowling at the end of second season. No "over six seasons to get there". I know you want DB to get six years of unaccountability, I get it.

Mangino also took KU to a bowl in his 2nd season. The whole loser narrative that it takes 3-4 years to even start seeing progress is complete bs.

You will know in 2 seasons if the coach is any good.

#2021124 - 09/30/17 10:25 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: HawksFB]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: HawksFB
I watched the game and felt Wazzu, Leach, etc. does look alot like KU. Can't wait for the product on the field to be similar, if not the same of better!

With all due respect Hawkhead, Leach most likely would have been fired as well due to needing time to implement his system. KU fans have been very quick with the hook on the last two coaches (albeit, it was the right call to fire them), but I'm guessing that Leach probably wouldn't have been granted a Year-4 at that time. With the program in its current state, he would (as Beaty will.)
Except Leach was able to coach successfully BEFORE WSU. HUGE difference between DB and Leach. Leach was/is a proven winner at this level. DB won a participation medal at this level (just guessing).

Nice enough guy, no wins (literally, no wins). To compare Leach is an insult to all Leach has accomplished in his HC career.

As Hawkhead reminds us, "there could be someone worse than Beaty". So lets keep dancing with "the Beaty Beatings" miniseries. LOL

Edited by KUCO_VOC (09/30/17 11:15 AM)

#2021125 - 09/30/17 11:21 AM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Predictable ending to this thread.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021126 - 09/30/17 12:12 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: dgless21]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
We had two coaches worse than Beaty and one of them had been a head coach at big bad ND.

#2021127 - 09/30/17 01:11 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: track
We had two coaches worse than Beaty and one of them had been a head coach at big bad ND.

Gill 5-19
Weis 6-22
Beaty 3-25

By what metric are Gill and Weis worse than Beaty?

#2021129 - 09/30/17 01:40 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Predictable ending to this thread.
I could say the same about Beaty. But I won't.

Track saying the previous two coaches are losers is laughable. Beaty hasn't been "earning it", you know?

#2021133 - 09/30/17 01:56 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Same predictable crap.

Don't think too hard, guys.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021134 - 09/30/17 02:00 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Same predictable crap.
Yes, from kman and you.

#2021136 - 09/30/17 02:05 PM Re: USC at Wash St. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
My facts are 100% correct. This is Leach's sixth season coaching WSU. That's a fact. Learn to count.

Also, you can you not read or are you seriously that intellectually bankrupt that you'll purposely misrepresent or flat out lie about anything and everything?

As for my opinion, I said it took Leach 4 years to get things up and going well. You flat out LIE about my own opinion as I clearly and precisely stated it.

If you could tell the GD truth about anything, I may have some respect for you and what you say, but your continued lying about my own exact fuc|king words which were clearly typed right above your post prevents that so far.

I said it took him 6 years to get WSU to the same level as his best Ttech teams.

As to them going to a bowl game in his 2nd year, I watched a lot of their season that year and they got lucky in a lot of ways to get there. That team wasn't that good. They definitely weren't up to par with any of his TTech teams and nowhere near as good as the team he fielded 2 years later.

Much like KU in Mangino's 2nd year, they had a weak schedule and caught some lucky breaks to make it happen. Impressive they took advantage of that still, but as the results of their year 3's prove, it wasn't a sustained success yet. Neither coach at either job had sustained success until they got to year 4. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview