Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020991 - 09/27/17 10:15 AM Beaty: "I don't believe in victories"
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Or in starting Stanley over Bender.

#2020999 - 09/27/17 01:40 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I mean come on. You are so ignorant. You probably made this thread and laughed to yourself. This makes no sense on any term.

First of all, quote someone correctly.

Second, not one thing this season has shown that Stanley is healthy. Oh and by the way, Bender is throwing for 300 yards a game. He's not really a slouch back there.

#2021000 - 09/27/17 02:10 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Bender isn't the problem. The defense is the problem.

Can Stanley play as a DB?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021002 - 09/27/17 02:59 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
I mean come on. You are so ignorant. You probably made this thread and laughed to yourself. This makes no sense on any term.

Second, not one thing this season has shown that Stanley is healthy. Oh and by the way, Bender is throwing for 300 yards a game. He's not really a slouch back there.
First, Bender is a turnover machine, historically. And slow to get his plays completed at times. Secondly, I believe in wins as a judge of who is successful.

#2021003 - 09/27/17 03:34 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MNJhawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Orlando, FL
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
[/quote]First, Bender is a turnover machine, historically. And slow to get his plays completed at times. Secondly, I believe in wins as a judge of who is successful.

With such a terrible defense it really hurts our chances to have a QB that takes too many negative plays and turns it over too much. Which I think was the main reason why we were more competitive last year under Stanley.

I'd give Bender 1 or 2 more games to prove he can manage a game better and if not, IF Stanley is healthy- then go Stanley the rest of the way

#2021004 - 09/27/17 03:43 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Bender was at Wash St in his first year of college, had to take over for a bowl bound team. Threw too my INTs in his five games starting. Just for reference...

#2021005 - 09/27/17 04:26 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: kylecof11]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bender is performing as well as Cozart and Meiers were last year.

#2021012 - 09/27/17 11:51 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb

Bender is performing as well as Cozart and Meiers were last year.
Meier?

You mean Meier's last year at QB or Willis from last year?

#2021013 - 09/28/17 01:12 AM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Just for comparison to last year and this year.

Cozart threw for 1075 yards with 7TD's and 9INT's with a QB rating of 108.6.

Willis threw for 811 yards with 3TD's and 7INT's with a QB rating of 116.3.

Combined they went for 1886yards, 10TD's and 16INT's for a combined QB rating of 111.5

Bender so far has thrown for 1227yards, 7TD's and 7INT's for a QB rating of 120.3.

So, Bender is noticeably better than either Willis or Cozart from last year and better than both of them combined as well.

Stanley for reference, threw for 959 yards last year, 6 TD's, and 6 INT's with a QB rating of 116.3. The same QB rating Willis had.

We've gone from 236 yards passing per game to 307.
From 1.33 passing TD's per game to 1.75.
From 1.83 INT's per game to 1.75.

The passing game is better. Still needs improvement though, mostly cutting down on the INT's.

#2021015 - 09/28/17 01:18 AM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Just in case VMLB was really talking about Kerry Meier, he threw for 1193 yards, 13 TD's, and 10 INT's in his only year starting at QB for the entire year for a QB rating of 123.4.

#2021016 - 09/28/17 01:18 AM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Cutting down on INT's and sacks. He did a better job with that last week. He still needs better escapability and just extend the play.

The other thing he needs to do is settle down earlier. He is so amped up that he makes mistakes early on.

#2021026 - 09/28/17 01:01 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bender was at Wash St in his first year of college, had to take over for a bowl bound team. Threw too my INTs in his five games starting. Just for reference...

He started 1 game and that was against Washington where he threw for 288 with a TD and 2 INTs.

But you know, uneducated fans think Bender is the problem. Newsflash, he is not. An unhealthy Stanley would be the opposite of what this program needs.

Edited by kylecof11 (09/28/17 01:01 PM)

#2021027 - 09/28/17 01:28 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
He doesn't need your facts. He has his own manufactured BS.

Don't quote the troll.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2021031 - 09/28/17 02:26 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Also, just for reference, Reesing's career QB rating was 144.0.

His highest QB rating year was the Orange Bowl year where he had a QB rating of 150.6. He threw for 3486 yards, 33 TD's and had only 3 INT's that year on 446 passing attempts with 276 completions.

Him playing hurt his Senior year really drug down his career QB rating, as he'd probably have a QB rating of around 150 for his career otherwise IMHO.

Comparing his career average numbers outside of his very brief true Freshman year, he averaged 289 yards, about 2 1/2 TD's and 38 pass attempts per game, and threw about 3 picks for every 4 games or 1 INT per every 48 pass attempts.

#2021032 - 09/28/17 03:08 PM Re: Beaty: "I don't believe in victories" [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

He started 1 game and that was against Washington where he threw for 288 with a TD and 2 INTs.

But you know, uneducated fans think Bender is the problem. Newsflash, he is not. An unhealthy Stanley would be the opposite of what this program needs.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-...s-in-apple-cup/

I MEANT Bender played in five games that year. My bad for saying STARTED five games. So, that's all you took away from my facts? Jeesus...

So, how many TDs and INTs for that year? More than 1 & 2, respectively.

Oh, he fumbled twice in the one game he started BTW. You forgot to mention the relevant facts, dude.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview