Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020829 - 09/23/17 08:42 AM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: moose1]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: moose1
Never mind on the East and West stands. After looking at it further it looks like there will be two levels, so clearly different.

Plus there's a picture of the west side exterior, and it's quite different also.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020862 - 09/23/17 10:56 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

They need to tear the whole thing down and start over. This rendering looks terrible.

#2020866 - 09/24/17 10:09 AM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I bet if it was all pink and neon with nothing but transgender bathrooms with glory holes old Jimbo would like it just fine and dandy...like cotton candy.

#2020867 - 09/24/17 12:55 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
I bet if it was all pink and neon with nothing but transgender bathrooms with glory holes old Jimbo would like it just fine and dandy...like cotton candy.

Pink & neon would clash a lot less than this abomination. Somewhere around 2010 the university decided that EVERYTHING MUST BE RED AND BLUE AND ALL RED AND BLUE or no one will know it is KU. It looks ridiculous and reeks of something that a no-class ruralite that studied "marketing" at a state school would come up with.

#2020868 - 09/24/17 02:27 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

How many seats will this hold?

#2020882 - 09/25/17 05:53 AM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: INation]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: INation
How many seats will this hold?
IN - Don't you mean how many fans will it hold (for the Taylor Swift concert)?

#2020954 - 09/26/17 01:10 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: KUCO_VOC]
jayhawk_4_life2 Offline
John Brown

Loc: one foot in slave state one fo...
Man, I'm disgusted with all the losing just as much as every one else but man you guys are NEGATIVE. Maybe I'm a ruralite or have no taste, but I thought it looked pretty cool.

#2020955 - 09/26/17 01:20 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: jayhawk_4_life2]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: jayhawk_4_life2
Man, I'm disgusted with all the losing just as much as every one else but man you guys are NEGATIVE. Maybe I'm a ruralite or have no taste, but I thought it looked pretty cool.

I agree

#2020956 - 09/26/17 01:22 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: jayhawk_4_life2]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jayhawk_4_life2
I don't look at my posts as negative. Rather they are based on realism about the program, lack of. BTW, if the stadium looks anything like the Gridiron Club, I will be happy!!

#2020960 - 09/26/17 02:11 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
casey Online   content
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Would be interesting to see a mock-up of what could be built by the SLT for the same amount of money. That location would be easier to reach than campus for the numerous KC alums.

Football on campus has proven to not be a self sustaining event. I don't get why Booth is tethered to Memorial.

#2020961 - 09/26/17 02:31 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Hell, maybe we should build it in Texas because of the alums and recruits down there.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020962 - 09/26/17 02:34 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: dgless21]
casey Online   content
hello

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Hell, maybe we should build it in Texas because of the alums and recruits down there.

You're better than this.

#2020963 - 09/26/17 02:39 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: casey]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: casey
Would be interesting to see a mock-up of what could be built by the SLT for the same amount of money. That location would be easier to reach than campus for the numerous KC alums.

Football on campus has proven to not be a self sustaining event. I don't get why Booth is tethered to Memorial.

He is tethered to it like pretty much all alumni are. There is a sentimental feeling towards having the stadium at the base of the hill. Plus it is just a great setting for a football stadium. It would be easier to build somewhere else, but it would not be as good of a location, plus they may have a harder time raising funds for it as well.

#2020964 - 09/26/17 02:39 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21

You're better than this.
Do better, dgless.

#2020966 - 09/26/17 02:47 PM Re: New Stadium Video [Re: moose1]
casey Online   content
hello

Originally Posted By: moose1

He is tethered to it like pretty much all alumni are. There is a sentimental feeling towards having the stadium at the base of the hill. Plus it is just a great setting for a football stadium. It would be easier to build somewhere else, but it would not be as good of a location, plus they may have a harder time raising funds for it as well.

Attendance for WVU was under 24,000. The campus is very nice, but as Football Guy Zenger should recognize by now, it's not the draw KAI thinks it is.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview