Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020947 - 09/26/17 09:09 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Have it on good word that Saban has quietly accepted the job as new DC on the down low. It'll be kept secret until after the season when they'll unveil him at the grand opening of the new indoor practice facility next June. When they open the doors and let the media in to see the facility he'll pop out of a cake with sparklers and a big Jayhawk mascot head shaped hat that says "New DC" across the forehead in the middle of the indoor field.
So it's got to be Clint or Saban as 2018 DC? More glitter from a unicorn...

#2020948 - 09/26/17 09:12 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: moose1]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: moose1
If Bowen is gone it is because Beaty is gone.

This would be true except you have extenuating circumstances with KU where Zenger is tied to Beaty, so Beaty will get extra chances to get it right even if that means Bowen is the sacrificial lamb.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020949 - 09/26/17 10:11 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Have it on good word that Saban has quietly accepted the job as new DC on the down low. It'll be kept secret until after the season when they'll unveil him at the grand opening of the new indoor practice facility next June. When they open the doors and let the media in to see the facility he'll pop out of a cake with sparklers and a big Jayhawk mascot head shaped hat that says "New DC" across the forehead in the middle of the indoor field.
What don't you understand?

Saban has already accepted the job. There's going to be sparklers, a cake and everything!

#2020951 - 09/26/17 11:08 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
What don't you understand?

Saban has already accepted the job. There's going to be sparklers, a cake and everything!
The old DC CB is going to be the new Alabama coach since he is in such demand everywhere in America...

#2020952 - 09/26/17 11:32 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

How's this going to work with the clear bag policy?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020957 - 09/26/17 01:31 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Saban makes his own rules.

#2021006 - 09/27/17 04:37 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Wasn't it part of the original Beaty hire? DB can fire CB only if he replaces him with Saban. That's what his contract said, unless it was changed last year when they reupped it.

#2021011 - 09/27/17 10:24 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

If Sumlin is out at aTm then Beaty might consider Ron Cooper. He has been coaching for 30 years and most of that was with DBs. A lot of his recent experience was in the southeast in Florida, Louisiana and S. Carolina so he should have recruiting connections that could help us.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/27/17 11:03 PM)

#2021014 - 09/28/17 01:14 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: vmlb]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: vmlb
Wasn't it part of the original Beaty hire? DB can fire CB only if he replaces him with Saban. That's what his contract said, unless it was changed last year when they reupped it.

I thought it was Bear Bryant's ghost.

#2021021 - 09/28/17 10:58 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
DrGreydog Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Topeka
Bring Dave Campo from retirement....

#2021023 - 09/28/17 11:54 AM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: track]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: track

Personally, I am not giving up on the defense yet. I thought the tackling was much improved against West Virginia. This team is young so there is plenty yet to learn as they are a work in process. I thought the guys played hard but that QB was an elusive sucker.

I'm w/ you on this. The defense improved substantially last fall after disastrous 2016 UofOhio debacle to the point it actually started to making key stops by the end of the year. HassanDefense looks to be getting up to the speed of Div 1A receivers. UofWV's slot guy just killed us all afternoon. Our NB/safeties need to get more assignment sound. W/ just a few more stops and an offense that seems capable of putting 30 points on the board every Saturday, we can get 2 more wins in Big 12 play which would save Beaty/Bowen/DrZ's jobs.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (09/28/17 11:57 AM)

#2021024 - 09/28/17 12:41 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: John_Brown]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

Everyone seems to be wanting to hire a guy who recruits SEC county, but once realignment occurs again we will not be in a league that has teams in those areas. We need to start hiring coaches from areas that we could land.

#2021038 - 09/28/17 05:00 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: INation]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: INation
Everyone seems to be wanting to hire a guy who recruits SEC county, but once realignment occurs again we will not be in a league that has teams in those areas. We need to start hiring coaches from areas that we could land.

The coach that replaces Bowen needs to be a good coach first and a good recruiter second because we won't get the most talented players. We want a coach with recruiting connections in the southeast because that is where the most quality players are located. We would recruit in other areas of the US if the players that we wanted were located there. Do you think Harbaugh went on his nationwide recruiting tour for fun? Or because there was not enough talent in Big 10 states so he needed to cast a wider net?

http://www.thewolverinedaily.com/recruiting-analyzing-the-differences-between-harbaugh-and-hoke/

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/28/17 05:20 PM)

#2021043 - 09/28/17 06:53 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Hire Dirk Wedd the retiring coach at LHS.

#2021044 - 09/28/17 07:11 PM Re: Bowen's Replacement [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Hire Dirk Wedd the retiring coach at LHS.
If we are going with golden oldies, Campo is a better fit. FYI I went to school with Dirk. Good guy

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview