Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020865 - 09/24/17 09:21 AM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Now into the second quarter....why oh why did we stop RUNNING the ball? It was successful therefore we had to abandon it? Absolute idiocy.

RCJHKU!

#2020873 - 09/24/17 06:07 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: Kman_blue]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Bizarrely enough, I'd say the DL was the most responsible for the 7+ yards per play average. The secondary played their best game of the season so far and the LB's played better too IMO. Not saying any of those units was great or where we need them to be, but rather I thought the DL played the worst of the 3 and they've got the most talent, so it's a bit confusing and disappointing.

Seems like a couple guys aren't playing 100% on the DL to me. Not sure if it's an injury thing or it's a head game thing though. Don't think they're used to all the hoopla/attention and pressure/expectations that was put on them in the preseason and that may be playing a part. Just a guess though.

Two years ago our defensive line was dominated against most teams. This year we have some size and the guys are holding their position but they are not dominate players in the Gilbert brown or Dana stubblefield sense where they can defeat the offensive lineman. Maybe next year if they stick around.

#2020875 - 09/24/17 08:46 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe the coaching staff is learning, that the D is not good. Keep them off the field. You don't do that passing the ball. Scrap the up tempo crap. Don't expose your D to more playing time by limiting the time your O is on the field.

At least this year, we don't have two starting QBs. I still think they chose the wrong one. Every drive in the first half was stalled by either a penalty or a pass play.

#2020876 - 09/24/17 08:55 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why do they bring in new D lineman in the middle of a series? Is it easier for a 300 lb lineman to sprint the 25 yds to the bench or stay in for the play?

#2020877 - 09/24/17 09:04 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
So doesn't weis deserve some credit here? He gives Beaty extra years (my guess is 7 total seasons) of futility.

#2020881 - 09/24/17 10:53 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: vmlb]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
AMEN VMLB

Edited by bigdogjac (09/24/17 11:00 PM)

#2020909 - 09/25/17 01:08 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: JimWest]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: casey
Originally Posted By: dgless21
A loss is a loss.

There are no moral victories, but building a football program is a process.

Mangino did it in 2 seasons. We need to stop giving so much leeway. It isn't nearly as hard as you ruralites like to pretend.

By playing 4 non-cons a year instead of just 3. And then also playing the Big 12 north for 5 of the remaining 8 conference games. Which at that time, Nebraska was bad, Missouri sucked and Iowa State and CU were not the best in the world. Now KU is playing OU, OSU, UT every year. Not every 3rd year like they did back then.

The new conference has not helped this rebuild at all.

#2020910 - 09/25/17 01:30 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Let's not forget part of Mangino's time was against Prince Ron at KSU too, and present day TCU and WVU are upgrades from most of the Mangino era Mizzou, Nebraskas, and Colorados in football.

Still not acceptable to get essentially boat raced by Ohio and CMU.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020912 - 09/25/17 01:46 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Mangino lovers refuse to see the obvious scheduling difference.

#2020917 - 09/25/17 04:06 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: dgless21]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Let's not forget part of Mangino's time was against Prince Ron at KSU too, and present day TCU and WVU are upgrades from most of the Mangino era Mizzou, Nebraskas, and Colorados in football.

Still not acceptable to get essentially boat raced by Ohio and CMU.

This part is true. The CMU game was just like the Ohio game last year. A train wreck from the start. I think that was an anomaly.

But you have to go 3-0 in non-con to even have a shot.

#2020919 - 09/25/17 04:24 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

All you rural revisionists...

Who was coach at K-State? Snyder
What was KU's record in Big 12? 3-5
Who did KU beat? Missouri, Baylor, Iowa State

The only valid thing any of you have said is the 3 vs 4 noncon games. Except KU played a power conference team in noncon and a Mountain West team too.

KU received no real benefit from scheduling in 2003. The difference was far superior coaching.

#2020920 - 09/25/17 04:37 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: casey]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I was speaking generally about the Mangino era.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020925 - 09/25/17 05:16 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Yes?

#2020937 - 09/25/17 08:41 PM Re: some good things came out of WVU game [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Especially the OB year.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview