Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020650 - 09/18/17 10:28 AM West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas
casey Online   content
hello

Loc: elsewhere
I love KU with that line. Yes KU looked absolutely awful for all the parts of the Ohio game that mattered, but they're a much better team at home and WV is unlikely to run away with this one. I think WV wins but doesn't cover.

#2020654 - 09/18/17 11:02 AM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I dunno man, WVU's offensive strengths play right into our defensive weaknesses. This could get ugly. I really don't know enough about their D to know if we can successfully string together a few longer drives and cut down on their scoring potential because of that.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cover.

I also think the spread opened up at -18 or something like that, so it looks like the betters think they'll cover too.

#2020656 - 09/18/17 11:12 AM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: Kman_blue]
casey Online   content
hello

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I dunno man, WVU's offensive strengths play right into our defensive weaknesses. This could get ugly. I really don't know enough about their D to know if we can successfully string together a few longer drives and cut down on their scoring potential because of that.

I also think the spread opened up at -18 or something like that, so it looks like the betters think they'll cover too.

On my site the line opened 20.5 and is now 20. I think it will go down to 19.

Your analysis is reasonable, but I think the abject ugliness of the Ohio game made things at KU look worse than they truly are. I don't think this team is THAT bad.

#2020660 - 09/18/17 01:03 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: casey

On my site the line opened 20.5 and is now 20. I think it will go down to 19.

Your analysis is reasonable, but I think the abject ugliness of the Ohio game made things at KU look worse than they truly are. I don't think this team is THAT bad.

Yes, they are
CMU who took us to the woodshed, got crushed by Syracuse. Ohio who just pasted us, lost the previous week by 20 something to Purdue.

I will say one thing, whoever we play, their QB will look like a Heisman candidate

#2020662 - 09/18/17 01:59 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: Jman1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jman1
Yes, they are
CMU who took us to the woodshed, got crushed by Syracuse. Ohio who just pasted us, lost the previous week by 20 something to Purdue.

I will say one thing, whoever we play, their QB will look like a Heisman candidate

CMU was a terrible loss. No reason we should have lost to them at all. No doubt about it, but as far as Ohio getting beat handily by Purdue, Purdue is a surprisingly good team this year or at least their O is. They barely lost to top 20 Louisville in week 1 and just waxed mizzery this past weekend. I watched a lot of that game and Purdue called the dogs off after halftime. That score could have easily been 70-3 if they hadn't. Then again, mizzery is maybe even a worse team than we are right now or at least close to it.

I still think the CMU loss was by far our worst loss so far this year. Way worse than the ugly Ohio loss IMHO.

And yeah, unfortunately our D can and probably will make any opposing QB look 10 times better than he really is.

#2020664 - 09/18/17 02:22 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Yes, they are

CMU was a terrible loss. No reason we should have lost to them at all. No doubt about it, but as far as Ohio getting beat handily by Purdue, Purdue is a surprisingly good team this year or at least their O is. They barely lost to top 20 Louisville in week 1 and just waxed mizzery this past weekend. I watched a lot of that game and Purdue called the dogs off after halftime. That score could have easily been 70-3 if they hadn't. Then again, mizzery is maybe even a worse team than we are right now or at least close to it.

I still think the CMU loss was by far our worst loss so far this year. Way worse than the ugly Ohio loss IMHO.

And yeah, unfortunately our D can and probably will make any opposing QB look 10 times better than he really is.

Is there any way KU's defense can get better this year? Specifically the DBs. Do we just have to wait for new talent, and or another year of experience? I guess is there anything that can be done now? Individual player coaching or a scheme adjustment, anything?

#2020665 - 09/18/17 02:51 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
casey Online   content
hello

You can scheme boatloads of nickel and dime to put extra personnel in the secondary, but if you do that every play the defensive front will get run on all day. KU in a no win spot with the secondary issues.

#2020671 - 09/18/17 04:14 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

Cripe, Will Grier is going to throw for about 400......In the first half. Lay the points. This team will lose by 40-50. Easy pickens

#2020672 - 09/18/17 04:18 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
we knew going into the season that the secondary lost key players and we had to recruit JUCO players to plug the holes. I just didn't think it was going to be this bad. Defense and Taylor remind me of the "toast twins" Ronnie and Donnie Amati.

#2020673 - 09/18/17 04:19 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

I"ll take WV and the points. Thing will be over at halftime.

#2020677 - 09/18/17 05:06 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Before half we will see players on Kansas begging to come out.

#2020679 - 09/18/17 05:07 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You wish...

#2020681 - 09/18/17 05:12 PM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You wish...
l'm all about a winning program. Not a rich Beaty.

#2020696 - 09/19/17 01:26 AM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Is there any way KU's defense can get better this year? Specifically the DBs. Do we just have to wait for new talent, and or another year of experience? I guess is there anything that can be done now? Individual player coaching or a scheme adjustment, anything?
Scheme can only do so much as Casey alluded to. Improved DL play can help too.

I also think we've got some good talent in the secondary, but they're green. They should keep getting better throughout the season, but I'm not expecting miracles.

#2020700 - 09/19/17 09:05 AM Re: West Virginia -20.5 at Kansas [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Scheme can only do so much as Casey alluded to. Improved DL play can help too.

I also think we've got some good talent in the secondary, but they're green. They should keep getting better throughout the season, but I'm not expecting miracles.

Stewart and Ogletree were JUCO seniors last year and they still didn't really have any good games until the last half of the season. It will take time for them. Just kind of seems how it is for defensive backs. But here's a positive, everyone that plays a significant role will be back next year except for 5 foot 10 Derrick Neal who can't compete with any tall receivers in any situation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview