Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020719 - 09/19/17 03:28 PM Ohio Game - 2 Biggest Disappointments
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

What are your 2 biggest disappointments from the Ohio game?

I was hoping Beaty would have replaced Frazier with Hannon at the start of the game instead of waiting for Frazier to make more mistakes. I attribute a lot of the reason for our slow start at Ohio to Fraziers mistakes before Hannon replaced him. We are not good enough to get off to a slow start on the road.

I watched Ohio play their first 2 games and Rourke was not accurate when the opponent forced him to scramble. I was disappointed that Beaty didn't have a game plan that included more blitzes to pressure Rourke and disrupt his passing accuracy. Giving Rourke so much time to throw allowed him to destroy our defensive secondary. I get the risk of blitzing but without blitzing we had no chance against Ohio.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/19/17 03:32 PM)

#2020732 - 09/20/17 07:33 AM Re: Ohio Game - 2 Biggest Disappointments [Re: pizzanbeer]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Southeast Kansas
We won't win any games that we get off to a slow start in. Hope we take the ball first against West Virginia and put some points on the board.

#2020736 - 09/20/17 09:36 AM Re: Ohio Game - 2 Biggest Disappointments [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
What are your 2 biggest disappointments from the Ohio game?

I was hoping Beaty would have replaced Frazier with Hannon at the start of the game instead of waiting for Frazier to make more mistakes. I attribute a lot of the reason for our slow start at Ohio to Fraziers mistakes before Hannon replaced him. We are not good enough to get off to a slow start on the road.

I watched Ohio play their first 2 games and Rourke was not accurate when the opponent forced him to scramble. I was disappointed that Beaty didn't have a game plan that included more blitzes to pressure Rourke and disrupt his passing accuracy. Giving Rourke so much time to throw allowed him to destroy our defensive secondary. I get the risk of blitzing but without blitzing we had no chance against Ohio.

Frankly I cant recall a single game where DB had a "game plan", let alone one that worked. Nothing obvious about our HC other than the word "dude" will be used multiple times in any presser.

#2020745 - 09/20/17 07:44 PM Re: Ohio Game - 2 Biggest Disappointments [Re: pizzanbeer]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Losing and not starting Tovi!

Edited by bigdogjac (09/20/17 07:45 PM)

#2020749 - 09/20/17 08:47 PM Re: Ohio Game - 2 Biggest Disappointments [Re: pizzanbeer]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Losing and not starting Stanley

Preview