Page 72 of 94 < 1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 93 94 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020466 - 09/13/17 09:41 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
He was out for the year with a medical issue...but not great.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020467 - 09/13/17 10:07 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
KUCO wants Beaty fired so he loves it when we lose...
KUCO wants wins by Kansas football program. Hate losing...

#2020477 - 09/13/17 12:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: track
Prior to the game most were optimistic and figuring a 2-0 start. After the game nothing but gloom and doom. That one game changed the atmosphere around here from hopeful to depressed.. that's one friggen game you idiot. .. it changed everything. A win Saturday will change it back... and so it goes for ku football where wins are few and far between
Track, you got some kind of triple quote thing going on. Not sure how you're posting but for some reason when you quote something it does it in triplicate.

For me, I started to lose optimism after the 1st game. I saw too many things that got me worried despite the W. The CMU game confirmed those worries and has now got me pessimistic about the rest of the season. I hope you're right about it being a 1 game hiccup as this is still a very young team and they can do things like that, but I won't be convinced until I see some big improvements against Ohio.

We lost handily at home against a lower tier MAC team and now we're going to play a MAC title contender at their place. Doesn't look good on paper for our chances, but I'll still hold out hope and watch the game.

I really hope we play a good game this Saturday, win or lose, as it can and probably will have an impact on our recruiting. No matter how bad or good the rest of this season goes, coach Beaty will still be our HC in 2018 and if he does or doesn't get fired after 2018, these recruits will be on our roster and that'll be crucial for the immediate future of the program. So, I really hope this team figures things out and makes a good showing the rest of the year.

#2020478 - 09/13/17 12:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Hot_Toddy]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Hot_Toddy
My sources say it is not discipline related but offensive lineman Cameron Durley is no longer on the team.
Heard he quit football due to medical reasons. That was the last I heard though and the first I heard a month or two earlier was he chose to sit out from football for 1 year due to medical issues and planned on resuming football after that, but maybe not at KU.

#2020479 - 09/13/17 01:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: Hot_Toddy
My sources say it is not discipline related but offensive lineman Cameron Durley is no longer on the team.
Heard he quit football due to medical reasons. That was the last I heard though and the first I heard a month or two earlier was he chose to sit out from football for 1 year due to medical issues and planned on resuming football after that, but maybe not at KU.
The Kansas football program is circling the wagons around Beaty, for one last bloody stand and fight. Win, lose or draw, Beaty has until the end of this season to make some magic happen. Problem is, he hasn't got a history of doing just that at this level of football.

#2020481 - 09/13/17 01:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Prior to the game most were optimistic and figuring a 2-0 start. After the game nothing but gloom and doom. That one game changed the atmosphere around here from hopeful to depressed.. that's one friggen game you idiot. .. it changed everything. A win Saturday will change it back... and so it goes for ku football where wins are few and far between
Track, you got some kind of triple quote thing going on. Not sure how you're posting but for some reason when you quote something it does it in triplicate.

For me, I started to lose optimism after the 1st game. I saw too many things that got me worried despite the W. The CMU game confirmed those worries and has now got me pessimistic about the rest of the season. I hope you're right about it being a 1 game hiccup as this is still a very young team and they can do things like that, but I won't be convinced until I see some big improvements against Ohio.

We lost handily at home against a lower tier MAC team and now we're going to play a MAC title contender at their place. Doesn't look good on paper for our chances, but I'll still hold out hope and watch the game.

I really hope we play a good game this Saturday, win or lose, as it can and probably will have an impact on our recruiting. No matter how bad or good the rest of this season goes, coach Beaty will still be our HC in 2018 and if he does or doesn't get fired after 2018, these recruits will be on our roster and that'll be crucial for the immediate future of the program. So, I really hope this team figures things out and makes a good showing the rest of the year.

Kman, the thing that stood out the most to me was our lack of urgency or fire. I, still think that we've improved on our talent, but it looks like we're just going through the motions. I watched the Oklahoma game and they were unbelievably aggressive and relentless. They play with a bunch of swag and are very confident. I don't see that with KUFB right now! It seems like we're playing on our heels. Play like your hair's on fire, you have nothing to lose!!!

#2020482 - 09/13/17 01:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas

The triple think must be an iphone thing..it does weird stuff sometimes.I will try it from the computer.
I feel the same as you....extremely hopeful but not overly optimistic about the rest of the season. This weekend is a huge test.

Edited by track (09/13/17 01:58 PM)

#2020488 - 09/13/17 04:34 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

There is a flip side to the the loss to CMU for recruiting. If we have wishy washy verbal commits then they will drop off early like Cameron and Lolohea. The CMU loss is a gut check for the recruits just like it is for fans and everyone else. It's better to lose them now when we still have plenty of time to recruit other players than right before signing day.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/13/17 04:35 PM)

#2020491 - 09/13/17 06:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
There is a flip side to the the loss to CMU for recruiting. If we have wishy washy verbal commits then they will drop off early like Cameron and Lolohea. The CMU loss is a gut check for the recruits just like it is for fans and everyone else. It's better to lose them now when we still have plenty of time to recruit other players than right before signing day.

Unfortunately it gives potential recruits a look at what level our current staff is at. Not good.

#2020495 - 09/13/17 11:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

Good point, but the recruits could have been more solid on KU and then we lose a game at home we're expected to win and that's what made them wishy washy. If they bought what the coaches told them back when they committed and that was in part we're going to be a much better football team this year and now the early results seem to contradict that, it could certainly cause recruits to change their mind. Just a thought.

But on a weird note, I've since heard that Cameron is going to be hit or miss academically which in the end could make his decommitment somewhat moot as he may not qualify.

#2020496 - 09/13/17 11:38 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another worrying thing to me is that it's been crickets on the recruiting front since early July. Haven't heard a thing about the guys who visited during our 1st game. Nothing at all. Also have heard we had no official visitors set up for this past weekend. Maybe that turned out to be a good thing.

I know this is going to be a smaller class because of all the blueshirts/grayshirts we had last year, but I still expect us to have about 20 official commitments. Kind of getting a bit nervous that we're only about 1/2 way there right now. Still plenty of time to fill it out, but the clock is a tickin.

#2020563 - 09/16/17 02:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Another worrying thing to me is that it's been crickets on the recruiting front since early July. Haven't heard a thing about the guys who visited during our 1st game. Nothing at all. Also have heard we had no official visitors set up for this past weekend. Maybe that turned out to be a good thing.

I know this is going to be a smaller class because of all the blueshirts/grayshirts we had last year, but I still expect us to have about 20 official commitments. Kind of getting a bit nervous that we're only about 1/2 way there right now. Still plenty of time to fill it out, but the clock is a tickin.

Maybe playing time isn't a strong enough motivator for kids who want to win? If our recruiting has been good, it isn't translating on the field thus far, and the statements from the coaches after the loss to Central Michigan blaming the loss of their seniors is a bad sign for this point in time in Beaty's tenure as head coach. We shouldn't be a 1 or 2 win team but that's what we'll be projected at for the rest of the season. The last 6 games of the season, it'll be MUCH harder to sell recruits when we are getting stomped by strong Big XII opponents.

#2020572 - 09/16/17 04:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Hard to sell recruiting when you can't coach them up.

#2020576 - 09/16/17 04:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Hard to sell recruiting when you can't coach them up.

Hard to sell recruiting when you can't coach(FYP)

#2020581 - 09/16/17 05:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Kids want to play, but few of them are willing to give up winning for playing time if they feel they will get a fair chance down the road. Alabama isn't losing many top ranked kids because they won't start as true freshmen.

Page 72 of 94 < 1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 93 94 >

Preview