Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020494 - 09/13/17 11:13 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

We should keep Zinger to take care of Facilities and hire Bob Stoops as an Associate Athletics Director in charge of football operations.

#2020497 - 09/14/17 01:15 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
A tiny percentage care about women's bball so that's no reason to fire him....that being said they supposedly have a top rated recruiting class this year.

If they wanted him fired they should have done it after the weis fiasco. Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.....we keep going down that same old dead end road...fire them after 2 - 3 years. I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

Everything you're trying to give Zenger credit for was either done by someone else or had to be done no matter who the AD was.

I am not trying to give him credit for sh!t... just accurately saying those things occurred under his watch. Everyone can draw their on conclusions. As I said earlier, I am not a fan so I don't really care if he is fired. I don't like his looks nor his previous association with Kstate nor his hiring of Weis... I do hope the Beaty hire ends well though.

You are trying to give him credit for it when he had nothing to do with it.

#2020498 - 09/14/17 01:17 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: dgless21
I truly don't care if any of you donate. You do you. I simply shared because it was noteworthy.

I agree with Esteban. Rock Chalk Park was Perkins' Olympic Village except more expensive and off campus. The basketball dorms were gift wrapped and handed to KU. The football dorm used no athletic funding.

Yay. He raised $3M for the football locker room and track removal (and spent $12M+ for the head football coaches that he fired).

RCP had to be built as well to satisfy Title IX issues. Zenger had nothing to do with it.

#2020499 - 09/14/17 06:07 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I must be a moron .... By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco...
So, Asskisser & Moron?

#2020500 - 09/14/17 08:09 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: EstebanBugatti]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
Originally Posted By: dgless21
I truly don't care if any of you donate. You do you. I simply shared because it was noteworthy.

I agree with Esteban. Rock Chalk Park was Perkins' Olympic Village except more expensive and off campus. The basketball dorms were gift wrapped and handed to KU. The football dorm used no athletic funding.

Yay. He raised $3M for the football locker room and track removal (and spent $12M+ for the head football coaches that he fired).

RCP had to be built as well to satisfy Title IX issues. Zenger had nothing to do with it.

I agree with that also, but my point was that the new track, soccer, and softball plans were in place before he showed up. What he did do was tack on 10M+ to the price tag and move it to the outskirts of Lawrence.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020501 - 09/14/17 10:45 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I must be a moron to argue with an idiot like yourself.... but By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco... so you have that going, idiot.

but ellipsis but ellipsis but ellipsis

Zenger's time is over. He has an awesome record of failure to look back on.

KU needs to learn to stop hiring insiders for the top posts. They lack perspective and are only good at treading water.

#2020506 - 09/14/17 02:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: INation]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Originally Posted By: INation
We should keep Zinger to take care of Facilities and hire Bob Stoops as an Associate Athletics Director in charge of football operations.

I'm hoping that when you say Zenger should take care of facilities, he's walking around with a janitor cart and a mop.

#2020507 - 09/14/17 03:16 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I was thinking he could be one of the restroom attendants we brought in at Memorial.

#2020512 - 09/15/17 09:08 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Don't really care if they fire Zenger or not, but wouldn't this money be better served going to the stadium renovation fun; rather then some dumb a$$ banner?

#2020513 - 09/15/17 10:03 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

What stadium renovation fund?

#2020516 - 09/15/17 12:01 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Regardless of your opinions on Zenger, I think this is going to be a colossal embarrassment to the university. There's going to be a very good chance this will get airtime during the game on national TV as well as some national press which in turn will contribute to and reinforce an impression that KU football is in chaos and total free fall. That in turn will potentially hurt recruiting a great deal which will in turn hurt our football program regardless of if coach Beaty ends up ultimately succeeding or failing in turning this thing around.

There's obviously a growing,in both numbers and intensity, frustration with Zenger and the state of our football program. I just think there's better ways to express that then creating a negative scene on national TV during a football game which in my opinion will only reflect poorly on the football program. The pressure is building and I think Zenger is or at least should be on a shorter leash than coach Beaty is. Rightfully so. I don't think either one though is in any danger of being fired until Spring of 2019 or at least after the 2018 football season, so I'm not sure this stunt will even have any real effect on the goal of those behind it. i.e. to fire Zenger.

Personally I'm still a little bit more pro Zenger than anti, but I'd say it's like a 55/45 split for me. He's done great by a lot of sports and kept the bball program happy and rolling. He's failed miserably at fixing football so far and women's bball doesn't look so hot, but that could be changing as we just had a great recruiting class in women's bball. He hired Weis and that was a crap show that sent our football program back another 4 or 5 years despite his tenure only lasting for a little more than 2. He then hired coach Beaty and has given virtually everything to the program that coach Beaty has asked for since then.and I think those things were all important. But ultimately coach Beaty has to work out for Zenger to be kept on IMO. If in 2019 we're looking for a new football coach, we're also looking for a new AD. I'm still willing to let it play out at this point in time.

#2020518 - 09/15/17 12:08 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Glad to see someone has a rational post on the subject.

#2020519 - 09/15/17 02:45 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
So says the poster who calls everyone "idiots". His praise is always left handed compliments.

#2020521 - 09/15/17 04:54 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Having read this thread in it's entirety, I am more than amused. One simple fact about Athletic Directors at KU...none of them with the exception of Bob Marcum has ever given a crap about football. All have been on missions to feather their own beds.

I do agree with K-Man that a banner could further embarrass an already hapless program, so why not spend the money where it really should be spent....ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT going back 43 years to when Clyde Walker let Fambrough go and hired his frat buddy to be head coach. God knows we fans have paid a high price for the honor to be humiliated all but 7 or 8 of the years since.

I also agree we need some immediate stadium renovations....mainly reducing the capacity down to a more realistic 25k...then KAI can brag about approaching sellouts again.

Same old stuff, just a different year................

#2020525 - 09/15/17 06:35 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
I think you're right about the negative national exposure this could bring and I hope the idea dies quickly. We are now in the seventh FB season of Zenger and I see very little indication that the situation is getting better. We continue to be sold improvement that is negligible in the W-L record. The most frustrating part of this is the overall condition of FB in the Big12 is that this was the time to establish something positive and we've fallen farther behind. Several other programs have had "issues" but nothing like ours.

As for Beaty, I remain hopeful, but there are things that make me uncomfortable. There seem to continue be instances on the sideline where the staff doesn't know what to do; down and distance, game situation, 25 sec clock...reminds me of Gill (and this is year 3). For me, this is Beaty's make or break year, and I don't mean in W-L record. If the recruiting class that looked so promising in the spring goes in the tank by winter, it could just kill whatever good will is left.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview