Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020468 - 09/13/17 11:05 AM Anti-Zenger Gofundme
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Guys over on Phog created a GoFundMe page to fly a Fire Zenger banner around Memorial, if you're interested in supporting:

https://www.gofundme.com/7msmyb-it039s-time-to-move-on-from-ad-zenger

"It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)"

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020469 - 09/13/17 11:35 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Guys over on Phog created a GoFundMe page to fly a Fire Zenger banner around Memorial, if you're interested in supporting:

https://www.gofundme.com/7msmyb-it039s-time-to-move-on-from-ad-zenger

"It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)"
l am assuming this movement is fired by dissatisfaction with his hiring of Weis and Beaty....is that correct? Or are there other issues and if so what are they? Are these people ready to give up on Beaty too? If not Beaty then who?

Edited by track (09/13/17 11:36 AM)

#2020470 - 09/13/17 11:38 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

The summary says the following:

"Under the direction of Athletic Director Sheahon Zenger, football at the University of Kansas has been historically bad. According to USA Today, our record from 2010-2016, a stellar 14-70 stretch, was the worst winning percentage by any FBS school of THE DECADE.

This season looks to be more of the same. KU football was just pummeled at home by one of the only teams we had a hope of beating this year. If we lose to Ohio in Week 3, we will not have won on the road since Operation Desert Storm. No but really, since 2009.. 44.. FORTY FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES ON THE ROAD LOST.

Sheahon Zenger was hired to fix football at KU. In his SEVENTH year, we are somehow worse off than before he was hired. There is no other job in the world where you could perform so poorly and still retain your employment. In fact, not only retain your employment (with an annual salary of $600,000) but somehow recently receive an EXTENSION!

It's time for a change. Money raised through this site will be used to fund an aerial banner being flown over Memorial Stadium at a home game this season calling for the firing of Sheahon Zenger. Additionally, any leftover or excess funds raised passed the amount of $500 will be used for other material related to the firing of Sheahon Zenger (newspaper ads, social media campaigns, etc.)

In closing, know that Sheahon Zenger's most recent head coaching hire, the head coach of the Women's Basketball program, has a two year record of 14-47. It is clear that we do not have the leader we need in charge of our athletic department. It is time to demand the firing of Sheahon Zenger.

Help spread the word!"

#2020474 - 09/13/17 12:28 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

A tiny percentage care about women's bball so that's no reason to fire him....that being said they supposedly have a top rated recruiting class this year.

If they wanted him fired they should have done it after the weis fiasco. Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.....we keep going down that same old dead end road...fire them after 2 - 3 years. I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

#2020475 - 09/13/17 12:36 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"I am no zenger fan...".

FYI - I guess these days that modern surgical techniques can effortlessly remove the lips firmly planted on Zenger's behind.

#2020480 - 09/13/17 01:48 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Y
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
"I am no zenger fan...".

FYI - I guess these days that modern surgical techniques can effortlessly remove the lips firmly planted on Zenger's behind.
"I am no zenger fan...".

you are such an ass. Back on ignore

#2020483 - 09/13/17 01:57 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
"I am no zenger fan...".

you are such an ass. Back on ignore

And it won't bother me, you Zenger asskisser.

#2020484 - 09/13/17 02:06 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
oldalum Offline
Lawrence Legend

I think this effort, if successful, will be an embarrassment to everyone. Beaty didn't create the circumstances. He's just been willing to take on the responsibility for trying to change it. He is much more likely to make progress if he has some support. Zenger has done quite well in all other sports so far as I know. Football has been a problem since long before he came here. No money from me.

Edited by oldalum (09/13/17 02:07 PM)

#2020485 - 09/13/17 03:11 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: oldalum]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: oldalum
I think this effort, if successful, will be an embarrassment to everyone. Beaty didn't create the circumstances. He's just been willing to take on the responsibility for trying to change it. He is much more likely to make progress if he has some support. Zenger has done quite well in all other sports so far as I know. Football has been a problem since long before he came here. No money from me.

Jayhawks football began trending downward during final 2 years of Big Lew's tenure. The big ticket scandal with prison time for Big Rod Jones, Ben Kirtland, Kass Liebsch and The 2 Blueballs signaled that either Big Lew should also do time or at least gonzo before long.

He did fail to hire Jim Harbaugh and his Plan B was a disappointing Turner Gill. frown

It would have been interesting to experience Bubba Cunningham as Kansas Athletic Director starting in 2011. I expect he would have done better with stabilizing our football program. His switch from TUlsa to UNC-CH has had some high points, but he has to be sick of all the time and $ wasted trying to defend the Tars' fake courses in African and Afro-American Studies.

#2020486 - 09/13/17 03:19 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

A tiny percentage care about women's bball so that's no reason to fire him....that being said they supposedly have a top rated recruiting class this year.

If they wanted him fired they should have done it after the weis fiasco. Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.....we keep going down that same old dead end road...fire them after 2 - 3 years. I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

Everything you're trying to give Zenger credit for was either done by someone else or had to be done no matter who the AD was.

#2020487 - 09/13/17 03:45 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

I truly don't care if any of you donate. You do you. I simply shared because it was noteworthy.

I agree with Esteban. Rock Chalk Park was Perkins' Olympic Village except more expensive and off campus. The basketball dorms were gift wrapped and handed to KU. The football dorm used no athletic funding.

Yay. He raised $3M for the football locker room and track removal (and spent $12M+ for the head football coaches that he fired).

#2020489 - 09/13/17 04:51 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: EstebanBugatti]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

Everything you're trying to give Zenger credit for was either done by someone else or had to be done no matter who the AD was.

I am not trying to give him credit for sh!t... just accurately saying those things occurred under his watch. Everyone can draw their on conclusions. As I said earlier, I am not a fan so I don't really care if he is fired. I don't like his looks nor his previous association with Kstate nor his hiring of Weis... I do hope the Beaty hire ends well though.

Edited by track (09/13/17 06:11 PM)

#2020490 - 09/13/17 06:23 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

I am not trying to give him credit for sh!t... just accurately saying those things occurred under his watch. Everyone can draw their on conclusions. As I said earlier, I am not a fan so I don't really care if he is fired. I don't like his looks nor his previous association with Kstate nor his hiring of Weis... I do hope the Beaty hire ends well though.
Beaty must be a track (rip van winkle) relative. I want the football program to be successful, not that Beaty makes a butt load of money off us. Just win a game unexpectedly...

#2020492 - 09/13/17 08:02 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

If they wanted him fired they should have done it

Who is "they"?

Quote:
Firing him now says they have given up on Beaty after only 2 years and 2 games.

Beaty is a proven loser.

Quote:
I am no zenger fan but he has been in charge during a butt load of new improvements to the bball, sports complex and football facilities....and the new dorms.

Yeah, no one else on the planet could possibly have hired a firm to redo 50+ year old facilities.

moron

#2020493 - 09/13/17 08:14 PM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: JimWest]
track Offline
gale sayers

I must be a moron to argue with an idiot like yourself.... but By definition idiots have 1/3 the IQ of a moron.... but you have company with kuco... so you have that going, idiot.

Edited by track (09/13/17 08:25 PM)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview